StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karroog

The AI to me seems easier on medium, and the hard is a bit better then 6.1 medium.  I have only done 1 v 1 so far, will be doing FFA and 2 v 1 games, but to me overall its gotten easier. 

I really do not like the fact that when I have two cannons at the entrance of my base as protoss and barely any zealots made the AI rush zerglings, marines or zealots and do the run in and retreat thing over and over again without me losing anything.  Just don't want to commit to battling me unless I am right at their doorstop or in their base. 

I went purposely slow one time and they finally stayed to destroy me when I was out matched.  I haven't tried multiple AI's yet, but I'll be testing that soon.

Easy and Medium do not create 2nd bases, which really surprised me as I was use to medium actually expanding a little.  Only hard does it and only once out of the 5 fights I've done.  I was surprised that the AI is mixing up the units to try and counter my force, its good stuff there, just not much of a challenge.

zumar

To see how stupid he is you need to run AI vs AI in launcher.
AI is making circles version by version - retreat - don't retreat - retreat by 1/2 army etc.
Evident things:
- if cheating AI see whole map, why scouting?
- zerg: 5 drones to one extractor. why does he make speed to overlords? why are they  permanently moving?
  why do it takes so long to make speed for zerglings?
- protoss:  he does not know how to use chrono bust. he is using it only on Nexus ... when no probes are being produced inside.
- terran: nothing special but... have you seen a lot of vikings, permanently moving up and down without any reason?
I tried to understand the great goal of this. No result.
They are still collecting thousands of minerals.
In AI vs AI match I saw terran won protoss, protoss won terran, but zerg is always lose.
It could be better...

klaretos

Stop being a bitch Zumar, do you know any better non cheating AI? This thing is topnotch and Turd is a worldwide pioneer. Even Ghost AI, which is a bit better, is based on starcrack7. If you want a real challenge try Ghost 0.9 with Aiur patch vs Protoss and see how stupidthis bot is. Finally don't forget, all the other good AIs are based on this code.

DarkZeros

Quote from: klaretos on March 24, 2010, 03:45:13 PM
Stop being a bitch Zumar, do you know any better non cheating AI? This thing is topnotch and Turd is a worldwide pioneer. Even Ghost AI, which is a bit better, is based on starcrack7. If you want a real challenge try Ghost 0.9 with Aiur patch vs Protoss and see how stupidthis bot is. Finally don't forget, all the other good AIs are based on this code.
Not all of them. But we use to share code. All AIs have smt of another AIs.
As an example, I copy/paste 2 funcs of Starcrack, but just because its boring to write again smt that is already done.

gnomeknows

QuoteThis thing is topnotch and Turd is a worldwide pioneer

It is in fact NOT topnotch and I don't know who Turd is besides someone working on this.  There's no need to suckle in threads like these, the OP isn't going to send you a gift basket for it. 

I'm sure we can all agree though that we want to support Turd and keep this constructive.

Censored

I noticed that the AI doesn't commit to a battle, as Terran I can just stick a few Marauders/Marines at the edge and they will just pick off the AI's units, the AI runs up, gets hit by my units, turns around and runs away, then they turn back and do it all over again. Someone probably mentioned this before but I figured I would hop on and say this anyways.

gile23

I hope so that they ll improve this AI, in my opinion Green Tea 0.3 Ai 1.5 x resources rules :)

See ya !

ilmman

i rekkon the AI would be much more effective if you took  retreat off (or an option to disable it). Tanks just makes the units go back and forth even when it had a stronger force than i do

L33tGam3r

First you got 6.1, you liked it, then you started complaining about it, and u asked for 7..ok!
now you got 7,but the same thing here, you like it , and now you start complaining... again!!..if it wasn't for those guys we were still going to watch videos on youtube ... so appreciate what you get because you haven't done anything about it..

It's one thing to find some bugs and report them.A whole different thing is to complain about it...and most of you just complain all the f*cking time   >:(

Gc7

I don't know but i have the feeling that this AI is weaker as the 6.1. Maybe i'm simple too used to the structure of this AI, or it could be that the programmer thought about some improvements which are not working as intended.

daRPiniOn

Quote from: Censored on March 25, 2010, 01:08:36 AM
I noticed that the AI doesn't commit to a battle, as Terran I can just stick a few Marauders/Marines at the edge and they will just pick off the AI's units, the AI runs up, gets hit by my units, turns around and runs away, then they turn back and do it all over again. Someone probably mentioned this before but I figured I would hop on and say this anyways.
I've asked some of the programmers on IRC about this behavior of the AI.  They've all told me that it's hard coded into the AI and removing said behavior would be really difficult.  It is annoying. 

Everyone who is adept or even semi-adept at RTS can agree that this AI isn't the most difficult thing in the world, but lets look at facts.  For starters, we can practice playing this game and get used to the mechanics/builds before the release.  Its AI, it isn't going to be in any way comparable to playing a human.  It is going to do things that don't make sense and it isn't going to execute any tricky tactics.  The people that are working on this AI project all deserve big ups for all the work that they're doing for FREE.  However, people don't need to be sucking their cocks in these threads.  Kudos to everyone who is keeping it real and having a good time playing one of if not the best RTS game ever.

maartendq

Quote from: daRPiniOn on March 25, 2010, 07:54:57 AM
Quote from: Censored on March 25, 2010, 01:08:36 AM
I've asked some of the programmers on IRC about this behavior of the AI.  They've all told me that it's hard coded into the AI and removing said behavior would be really difficult.  It is annoying. 

Believe me, you can be able to beat the AI but that won't mean you're good on B.net. I recently joined the beta, confident about my abilities. I won only 4 out of 10 testing matches. I never lost to the AI.

The AI is predicatble, humans are not.

Everyone who is adept or even semi-adept at RTS can agree that this AI isn't the most difficult thing in the world, but lets look at facts.  For starters, we can practice playing this game and get used to the mechanics/builds before the release.  Its AI, it isn't going to be in any way comparable to playing a human.  It is going to do things that don't make sense and it isn't going to execute any tricky tactics.  The people that are working on this AI project all deserve big ups for all the work that they're doing for FREE.  However, people don't need to be sucking their cocks in these threads.  Kudos to everyone who is keeping it real and having a good time playing one of if not the best RTS game ever.

easonlee

Hi! I have a problem with the AI v7.0. After setting up the location for each players in the luncher, it would shows up an script error said "invalid mainstate" to one of the AIs when the game started. That pointed AI with the error then would only do mining.  So, it's greatful if any one can solve the problem for me.

But everything would be fine if the loction being kept in random.

The package is still good though! Thanks for the great job.

zendex

Any chance you could upload old versions of the AI somewhere?

kurupted

One thing that's somewhat wrong is that he refuses to attack when he spots my units. I had one marine on top of the cliff and his zerg/protoss/terran army would just bounce from A to B, getting shattered by my ranged units.

Otherwise it works fine, he kinda plays it very different from past versions.