StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliffton

ZvZ almost got pwned when I didn't army up fast enough.  Had to defend with drones then scramble to catch back up in econ.  Then mutas came :(  Got some spore walkers out while the hydras morphed and the roaches charged his nat.  Counterattack to his third worked OK (he had 4 queens there haha).  Bout then he took an island, and ferried troops back and forth with ovies.  Was a little confused, sometimes he took troops back.  Keeping all bases defended I guess.  Steamrolled his main and doom dropped the island, GG.  
Was ahead of me in econ for a long time after that initial ling attack took out some drones.  Good army mix.  More statics than I would have made (except in a panic to hold of mutas).  Don't listen too much to people saying to make more static.  Army > static since, well, it can move.  Some is nice.  More depending on race and matchup of course and where you are in relation to the unit cap.  Seemed pretty good for now though.

Anyway, I'd spread the queens out some.  Other than that no real critiques from that game!

Bloodcrave

so... does this 6.1 version has any notification when the game starts or what?

Katie Drake

Quote from: Bloodcrave on March 07, 2010, 11:39:41 PM
so... does this 6.1 version has any notification when the game starts or what?

It should. I'd never gotten a notification on anything before 6.1, so odds are it should let you know too.

Bloodcrave

really? both 5.5 and 6.0 had notifications that you're playing against these respective AIs at the start of the game so naturally i thought 6.1 has it too

HunteR

Yea, good. This bots is cool, but don't play in cooperative mode...
I started 2vs2 and my bot go to me... and he just stay.. :D

Pls in v6.2 fix cooperative mode :)

chikopaws

how can I know I've selected v6.1 with 0.21 if I didnt get any notification when start a game??

Bloodcrave

@chikopaws

my point exactly, i don't know if this is because i'm having an error or there really isn't any notice for 6.1

farishawk88

so this version is way better than 6. making AA is huge.
i just played a 1v1 i was terran it was zerg. i walled off my main base and put a bunch of banshees/BC/viking/thor in my natural expo but forgot to put AA and it sent overlords every once in a while to scout me and successfully killed all my units with corrupters/mutalisks and mass banelings/roaches and focus fire killed my thors. i managed to lift off all my buildings (around 7) and fly over to the other side of the map and rebuilt from scratch this time going MMM+tanks which i raeped it with and it didnt even try to scout me while i was building. most of the army followed around this lone medivac i had left behind even tho it had no air attacking units. main issues i see are:

IMPORTANT-make it so groundattack only/airattack only units leave units they cant attack alone instead of follow them around pointlessly.
IMPORTANT-scout new bases better, and be able to follow terran buildings when they lift off
IMPORTANT-use chronoboost (as protoss) better and more often.
-when it has a vast surplus of resources, make secondary structures incase main structures are destroyed.
-add hit and run tactics+miner harassment tactics
-add clever use of nukes and distractions

all in all its a very good AI. could pass for a silver level player

AcidraiN

am I doing something wrong during the download process or what.. I have played about 15-20 games and haven't even come close to losing yet... i have played 5 AI on 6.1 ai cracked metropolis or whatever its called and the enemies didnt hardly have any attack units.. I downloaded the program and extracted it to the starcraft II beta folder..  I am not trying to sound like a smartass or anything but I do not see how people are losing to the computer.. thus why I am wondering if somethings wrong.. I even put it on the fastest game speed thinking that would help speed them up but it didnt..

Bloodcrave

to those that actually are able to play 6.1, can you guys just please answer whether or not this version has notifications that you're playing against 6.1 at the start of the game?

just answer this simple question and we'll never bother you again, it's that simple

omerbenamram

After some more games I've been playing I noticed that as the zerg the AI especially needs work.. It expands really late and all it could produce was a couple of lings, banelings and roaches while i had like three colossi and stalkers obliterating them. It seems to be building lots of queens and not really using them properly. I find the terran AI the hardest coudn't beat it even once while playing TvT on 6.1. Even when walling in really hard it expends brutally and sends very nice forces.

This is even more fun to play then online (i'm in silver ladder) where everyone is just using cheap tactics, mostly rushes and such. This AI packs a hell of a punch , it just needs some work on the zerg because they are truly nothing compared to what it can do with the protoss and terran. Keep up the good work ur the man!  :) :) :)

undeadnightorc

Quote from: Bloodcrave on March 08, 2010, 12:46:14 AM
to those that actually are able to play 6.1, can you guys just please answer whether or not this version has notifications that you're playing against 6.1 at the start of the game?

just answer this simple question and we'll never bother you again, it's that simple

I get the notification "Starcrack 6.1 - Standard Edition" in white letters on the left side, mid lower part of the screen.

Bloodcrave

thank you undeadknightorc

now i gotta fix my problem  :-[

isoku

Hey guys, I get an error at this one location here on Metalopolis. It only happens at this location on this map. The AI at this location proceeds to not build anything.

bullet_magnet

I don't get any notification also, maybe it has something to do with patch 4 I installed?