StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yokoblue

I follow since v.3 and I really thanks you for all your work. You got the best Ai prety much all the time.. and now its unbeatable (by other ai i means.. cause yeah its beatable :P)

One thing i really saw with the 6.0-6.1 versions were that they rush 50% if not more of the time... i played over 100 games in total with over 40 against v.6.0-6.1 and i would suggest more Speed tech build... I saw a lot of fast expend... but never really risky one...

Thx for all your hard works ;) Know that if i get a key... i'll share it from time to time for research :)

Ulysse31

Hi Turd, first of all i want to tell u that the job u've done is rly amazing!
Btw i'm a french guy, and as u know we totally sux in english, so sry for my bad language.

So, i've been thinking a lot about how to upgrad AI, here are my thoughts : I have the impression that you are trying to make the AI actually WIN against the player.

I think that we should consider a different goal for ai : instead of building forces in order to push thje player, AI must become an insane-harassing-b**tch. I mean, you must use the 600+ apm of AI to make her attack the players everywhere, and make 2-3 different harassment strategy that change every game.

So it will be definitively be entertaining and stressing ..and fun !

I don't know if i am enough clear...damn french that prevents u from learning other language TT

Btw thx for all :)

Gekko_101

God I cant beat this AI

I play Terran and AI always get a insane amount of AA
When I wipe out the AI's units I make a push...AI has 5 diff army's in its base

:(

blyind420

does anyone lse have the problem of it not saying starcrack 6.1 prepare for terrible damage at the beginning?it seems like 6.1 gbut just dosent say it anymore?
www.KnockoutIncense.com
Top Quality, Great Prices!

Gamewiz

Quote from: Gekko_101 on March 08, 2010, 11:11:32 AM
God I cant beat this AI

Then you are far too gun shy. You need to push alot harder and put on alot more harassment. After the AI does their first push, IMMEDIATELY push back. Hit them whenever they hit you, and ALWAYS harass their mineral lines with a harassment unit (ie reapers, banshees, mutas, etc).

If you just sit there in your base and wait for the AI, you will get steamrolled. Just like a real player, never allow the AI to just sit there and tech.

Gekko_101

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 08, 2010, 11:19:23 AM
God I cant beat this AI

Then you are far too gun shy. You need to push alot harder and put on alot more harassment. After the AI does their first push, IMMEDIATELY push back. Hit them whenever they hit you, and ALWAYS harass their mineral lines with a harassment unit (ie reapers, banshees, mutas, etc).

If you just sit there in your base and wait for the AI, you will get steamrolled. Just like a real player, never allow the AI to just sit there and tech.

I know I am kinda new to starcraft. I need to work on harassing more.

turdburgler

Notice:"StarCrack AI 6.1" message isn't being displayed for some people. Thisis a known issue to do with launchers. To check if StarCrack AI isinstalled, run the game with lazyloader on an AI enabled map (and themessage will come up). To confirm if it's installed, try and survivecheating mode FFA. :)

DarkZeros

Turd. I think your AI lacks of vespene control, so it always uses 6 probes even if the minerals are 0, and vespene 2k. You could pick the one in my AI is working really good atm.

Quotestatic int IAI_ProbesVespeneMax = 3;
static int IAI_ProbesVespeneMin = 1;

j = 0;
    while ( j <= 32 )
    {
        if (AIGetTownState(player, j ) == c_townStateEstablished)
        {
            //DebugAI("Town"+IntToString(j)+"  "+IntToString(AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly )));
            if (PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropVespene) < FixedToInt(PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropMinerals)/2))
            {
                AISetGasPeonCountOverride(player, j, IAI_ProbesVespeneMax*AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly ));
            }
            else if (PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropVespene) < FixedToInt(PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropMinerals)/1.5))
            {
                AISetGasPeonCountOverride(player, j, 2*AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly ));
            }
            else    {AISetGasPeonCountOverride(player, j, IAI_ProbesVespeneMin*AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly ));}
        }
        j = j + 1;
    }

Gamewiz

Quote from: Gekko_101 on March 08, 2010, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 08, 2010, 11:19:23 AM
God I cant beat this AI

I know I am kinda new to starcraft. I need to work on harassing more.

No worries! We were all new at some point, and all of us are still fairly new with SC2. The trick is to not get tunnel vision. Don't focus so much on just building your base. Learning to multi-task is the key. And the key to that is knowing the hotkeys, and setting your production buildings to control groups for easy macro.

turdburgler

Quote from: DarkZeros on March 08, 2010, 11:28:15 AM
Turd. I think your AI lacks of vespene control, so it always uses 6 probes even if the minerals are 0, and vespene 2k. You could pick the one in my AI is working really good atm.

Quotestatic int IAI_ProbesVespeneMax = 3;
static int IAI_ProbesVespeneMin = 1;

j = 0;
    while ( j <= 32 )
    {
        if (AIGetTownState(player, j ) == c_townStateEstablished)
        {
            //DebugAI("Town"+IntToString(j)+"  "+IntToString(AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly )));
            if (PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropVespene) < FixedToInt(PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropMinerals)/2))
            {
                AISetGasPeonCountOverride(player, j, IAI_ProbesVespeneMax*AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly ));
            }
            else if (PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropVespene) < FixedToInt(PlayerGetPropertyInt(player, c_playerPropMinerals)/1.5))
            {
                AISetGasPeonCountOverride(player, j, 2*AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly ));
            }
            else    {AISetGasPeonCountOverride(player, j, IAI_ProbesVespeneMin*AIGetBuildingCountInTown(player, j, c_PB_Assimilator, c_techCountCompleteOnly ));}
        }
        j = j + 1;
    }

In fact, I did this a long time ago. After advice from platinum players I devised my current economy code.

Thanks anyway  ;D

Bedervet

@Ulysse31   you suxx at english that's true ^^.
But I agree with when you say that the AI must harass the player.
That's why Turd and co are now trying to get the AI reactiv against the player.

BTW Your english is fine and it's a pleasure to see at least another french ppl here.

turdburgler

Quote from: Bedervet on March 08, 2010, 11:57:39 AM
@Ulysse31   you suxx at english that's true ^^.
But I agree with when you say that the AI must harass the player.
That's why Turd and co are now trying to get the AI reactiv against the player.

BTW Your english is fine and it's a pleasure to see at least another french ppl here.

There's lots of french people on irc. In fact, I believe a few of the StarCrack launcher team are french.

Bloodcrave

Quote from: turdburgler on March 08, 2010, 11:21:23 AM
Notice:"StarCrack AI 6.1" message isn't being displayed for some people. Thisis a known issue to do with launchers. To check if StarCrack AI isinstalled, run the game with lazyloader on an AI enabled map (and themessage will come up). To confirm if it's installed, try and survivecheating mode FFA. :)

i ran the game using lazylaunch 2.0 and still got no notice :(

DarkZeros

Turd, did you at least take note of my Chrono boost code?

http://pastebin.com/XzMtgdEs

That DOES a difference. And you should not call chrono before the 1st pylon in completed. Doen't matter the opening, thats not good... :S

turdburgler

Quote from: DarkZeros on March 08, 2010, 12:32:20 PM
Turd, did you at least take note of my Chrono boost code?

http://pastebin.com/XzMtgdEs

That DOES a difference. And you should not call chrono before the 1st pylon in completed. Doen't matter the opening, thats not good... :S

Nope, it's not. You have to understand that I'm not able to fit everything I want in every release, with all the ai combinations testing takes a long time. I'm going to write my own, I'm not convinced 100% with yours to be honest. What if I've got two production buildings in the same town? It's just going to find the one closest to the nexus no?

EDIT: Uploading 6.1.1 with the message fixed.