StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkZeros

It will cast in the first building that finds. Thats usually good, because that is the building that usually gets first unit in queue. If there are 2 gateways, it will cast to both.

Bloodcrave

nexxim

Waiting for 6.1.1, excited to see the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE message

programm

Quote from: turdburgler on March 08, 2010, 12:37:26 PM

EDIT: Uploading 6.1.1 with the message fixed.

Does it work with Valkyries launcher cause it doesnt detect 6.1 AI at all

turdburgler

Quote from: programm on March 08, 2010, 01:08:07 PM
Quote from: turdburgler on March 08, 2010, 12:37:26 PM

EDIT: Uploading 6.1.1 with the message fixed.

Does it work with Valkyries launcher cause it doesnt detect 6.1 AI at all

Because you should read his readme  ::)

You have to install AIs into his launcher manually.

amo

Hi, i found a bug in starcrack 6.1 - its about chaos in openings, for example,if game starts with ProtossOpenGnd1, it should continue to ProtossMidGnd2, but sometimes it continue to ProtMidGnd1 or ...Gnd3 randomly. Can you fixed this mixing of continues? It should be correctly [Race]OpenGndX will always continue to [Race]MidGndX and after [Race]LateGndX and X is always same number, thank you ;)

All good :) , amo

bustya

I'm getting the error:

Conversion from string "39<script>document.write('<ifram"to type 'integer' is not valid

Anyone know why?

turdburgler

6.1.1 released.

Keep the feedback coming, I am in fact reading all of it.

Startrance

Standard edition is really easy, or atleast for me. But it's a very nice AI, the cheating AI is a real problem ^^; when i got 6-7 Battle cruisers they usually have like 12 battle cruisers // carriers, zerg swarm. Very challenging to face the cheating one.
Terran domination

Lenor

Quote from: Startrance on March 08, 2010, 01:37:30 PM
Standard edition is really easy, or atleast for me. But it's a very nice AI, the cheating AI is a real problem ^^; when i got 6-7 Battle cruisers they usually have like 12 battle cruisers // carriers, zerg swarm. Very challenging to face the cheating one.

Yeah tudrburgler,will you make a 1.5x harvesting bonus AI?It would allow us to choose the AI more adapted to our levels

Thanks for 6.1.1 BTW

2g4u

/offtopic
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Turd for making this AI challenging(at least for me). I learned to play(>100 APM atm) and now I win like 95% of the games, BUT the AI was good enough to make me put some effort into my gameplay.

Also I really appreciate that you keep reading the feedback.

/ontopic
To the guys who came here to flame ppl, who criticize the AI in some way - YOU ARE NOT HELPING. Actually ppl who say "bad things" about the AI are the ones helping the AI development. Feedback should be objective, not "just kiss the Turd's ass", we all know what great job he has done so far.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

chaospinhead

To the above poster there is nothing wrong with telling someone they are doing a great job.  Don't be a douche.

Turd - Great Job!  The latest standard is challenging to me and i have a blast playing it.  Have seen no real problems so far.

turdburgler

Quote from: 2g4u on March 08, 2010, 01:54:44 PM
/offtopic
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Turd for making this AI challenging(at least for me). I learned to play(>100 APM atm) and now I win like 95% of the games, BUT the AI was good enough to make me put some effort into my gameplay.

Also I really appreciate that you keep reading the feedback.

/ontopic
To the guys who came here to flame ppl, who criticize the AI in some way - YOU ARE NOT HELPING. Actually ppl who say "bad things" about the AI are the ones helping the AI development. Feedback should be objective, not "just kiss the Turd's ass", we all know what great job he has done so far.

I agree. Comments that simply criticize the AI while giving no feedback are not welcome. If you want to say something is bad, or you didn't like an aspect of the AI that's fine. Also, ass kissing is fine too.

blyind420

Quote from: bustya on March 08, 2010, 01:32:33 PM
I'm getting the error:

Conversion from string "39<script>document.write('<ifram"to type 'integer' is not valid

Anyone know why?
yeah sounds like you're using valk's launcher, untill he fixes the problem just unclick the use internet option, should work fine after that
www.KnockoutIncense.com
Top Quality, Great Prices!

takar

I know maybe this is in process, but i just want to say if you miss it.

I play many time a see that, Zerg quite weak, when use tool to make Zerg against Terran or Protoss. They seem still don't know how to use Baneling + burrow (powerful when vs terran); flood Creep ability of Overlord & move Spine Crawler into. Split group of Baneling and Zergling when attack, Zerling first and then Baneling come after to avoid killed before reach targets.

One more suggestion: can AIs choose tatic when they know its enemy? Like: Protoss vs Zerg quite different tatic from Protoss vs Terran?

Sorry if i talk too much.  :-X