StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creamsoda

Quote from: Jarpoir on March 08, 2010, 06:10:50 PM
I have a few comments / critiques about the latest AI script thats come out (v6.1.1)

I've noticed that the AI is quite poor at harvesting minerals--having only about 4 scvs / 3 probes or so by the time i'm hitting 12 - 16.
Also, there is poor / no recovery from the AI if you send in a few marines /zealots or even scvs / probes to harass mineral collectors early game.
So far with versions 4.0-6.1.1, I've found the AI is capable of little, if any, defensive strategies todefend against any type of rush, and the initial rush the AI seemedquite fond to execute rarely happens anymore, if at all.
Also, if a terran building, such as a barracks is in red health and burning itself in, the AI will make no attempt to repair it, but rather goes on to build a tech lab on it, and will even start creating units / upgrading while its barracks clearly has only about 10 seconds of life left in it.

Hope my input will help!
Thanks for all your hard work, it doesn't go under-appreciated!!

+1

Maxp123

Just watched the 6.1ai play against itself. Few things i noticed that i havnt seen mentioned

* Zerg Mass their queens at one hive eg if they have 3 hives they will have 3 queens at one of the hives and none at the others.
* Protoss Nexus Chain chrono boosts itself even if not building, havnt seen it boost another building. It boosts itself as soon as it has the energy
* AI doesnt defend its expansions well keeps its force in a large group at its main base
* Zerg isnt spending gas well

cloak123

Quote from: Jarpoir on March 08, 2010, 06:10:50 PM
I have a few comments / critiques about the latest AI script thats come out (v6.1.1)

I've noticed that the AI is quite poor at harvesting minerals--having only about 4 scvs / 3 probes or so by the time i'm hitting 12 - 16.
Also, there is poor / no recovery from the AI if you send in a few marines /zealots or even scvs / probes to harass mineral collectors early game.
So far with versions 4.0-6.1.1, I've found the AI is capable of little, if any, defensive strategies todefend against any type of rush, and the initial rush the AI seemedquite fond to execute rarely happens anymore, if at all.
Also, if a terran building, such as a barracks is in red health and burning itself in, the AI will make no attempt to repair it, but rather goes on to build a tech lab on it, and will even start creating units / upgrading while its barracks clearly has only about 10 seconds of life left in it.

Hope my input will help!
Thanks for all your hard work, it doesn't go under-appreciated!!

weird about the miners, They normally Go all out on miners in my games.

also some things i'd like to see in a future version i see possible:
Chronoboost on production buildings
Warpgates
A little bit more tweaking of Countering (hence 3 lings to zlot)
and of course ive yet to see one ultralisk be built by zerg into late game, Well zerg typically does not last untill late game...

Artanis186

Alright, well I'm about done giving feedback and suggestions. Nothing I say seems to be even payed attention to and others repeat exactly the same stuff that I say and somehow get a lot more attention from it. So good luck with your AI, hope it makes nice progress, I'll just go back to lurking when it deals with this.

DarkZeros

I know turd doesn't like my code, but really this is working great for chronoboost:
http://pastebin.com/9gsFwQ4U

cloak123

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 08, 2010, 07:13:40 PM
Alright, well I'm about done giving feedback and suggestions. Nothing I say seems to be even payed attention to and others repeat exactly the same stuff that I say and somehow get a lot more attention from it. So good luck with your AI, hope it makes nice progress, I'll just go back to lurking when it deals with this.

Maybe your suggestions Need to be a little more realistic for the next update. I Tend to play every Ai I find and Troll The ai development forums ALot so i suggest what i seem can be added at this time.

Razredge

Quote from: Maxp123 on March 08, 2010, 06:40:04 PM
Just watched the 6.1ai play against itself. Few things i noticed that i havnt seen mentioned

* Zerg Mass their queens at one hive eg if they have 3 hives they will have 3 queens at one of the hives and none at the others.
* Protoss Nexus Chain chrono boosts itself even if not building, havnt seen it boost another building. It boosts itself as soon as it has the energy
* AI doesnt defend its expansions well keeps its force in a large group at its main base
* Zerg isnt spending gas well
Noticed the same thing as well.
Also, must add, Terran tend to send their low tier ranged units really close to buildings to shot them, and the Siege Tanks in siege mod tend to kill allied units as well as the enemies. He should keep the Marines, Marauders, Thors a bit away from the melee range, and specially when using the siege tanks.
The Terran should also upgrade his expansions to PF or the detector upgrade (forgot the name).

gravis25

Okay, I need some help i cannot get this to work for some reason. i downloaded the cheating AI and put the "mods" folder into my "starcraft 2 beta" folder and let it overwrite, but when i start a map with the starcrack launcher i dont get a message and the AI are stupid. Someone please help asap.  

DemonStalker

If you are having issues then use LazyLauncher. 
It's not the end of the world if you can't pick your race.  ::)

cptDion

is there going to be an easy version? because i suck and cant win  :'(

gravis25

Quote from: DemonStalker on March 08, 2010, 08:17:30 PM
If you are having issues then use LazyLauncher.  
It's not the end of the world if you can't pick your race.  ::)
I used the LazyLauncher also and i still dont get a message and they AI sucks  :-[

e2e

after few days of loosing  :'(  finally i won a game on 4v4 8)

zerg (me) v  2 protos 1 tarren (AI)

zergling and hydralisk still the best on defence and attack at the game, 1st expansion can be done on 5-6min with condition only produce zergling... and i sent the 1st wave zergling (15 unit) to attack a protos base (top of me) ... vs-ing lot zealos... loss on the match

2nd turn 40+ zergling defence with borrowed, tarred and 1 protos attacking base but did not realise zergling, so assult them success  ;)

rebuild all zergling and 3rd expansion almost 14 min, start buidling hydralisk... alomst 10+ unit hydralisk built.. sent to attacking protos (top of me) and defeat them, but huge loss on zergling ( left 7-10 unit) 3 unit zergling is stand at the protos base to avoid expansion...

reach to 24 min, tarren produces 2 siege tank attack with marine.... only counter with borrowed and let them go in my base :-[  than unborrowed again to track them inside...

i have 3 team zergling x 24 unit + 2 team hydralisk x 24 unit about 139 unit (mention on top right of the screen) a full attack on tarren base is launch... their marine and siege tank is the gay part to deal with it... before attack, 5 expansion is full with insert ( 8 unit) so that i can immediately build back the zergling... tarren is has put their viking into assult mode (die innocent for viking) :-X

after that the time almost near 45 min +, protos attacking me using 6 unit carrier with large wave land army (zealos, immortal ++) :'(

my main base is defeat... other 3 expansion is still there, took 2 min rebuild the building... and 2 infector is produce, infector is a holy crap unit!!! make unit immobile i use it to lock carrier while attacking protos base but fail...

and i decide to put all my unit into hydralisk, but lack of gas, until i manage to produce 3 team hydralisk x 24 unit, 12 carrier come to my base, manage to break 7-8 unit carriers, other carriers red hp, but still useless, i lack of gas and i wan worry about the land unit attack me, so i decide produce zergling again  ::) ... once finish produce, my unit is 180+,
when harresting their other structure (not main base) to disturn their resource, lastly final attack is launch...  breaking their structure is my main concern compare to kill the immortal and other unit... zergling will deal with the land unit attacker, hydralisk focus on structure, and my unitfrom 180 drop to 130 +  :'(  but success destroy the main base, plus finding their subsidary base, the game end almost 95 min+

comment : thx for the people advice for saying that building air unit is less efficient, for zerg yes, it is, but for other i had no comment... beside v6.1 is hard for me, tarren and protos i had nvr win b4, zerg also 1st time after playing AI 6.1, finally thx for the starcrack team making the AI as fighting a real people

GrizzlyAdam

Great work on the A.I. so far, and many thanks!

Constructive criticism:
1.  As others before have said, I noticed that Zerg will keep all the queens in the main.
2.  Also, the A.I. tends to mass its army at the top of the ramp of its main, even after expansions are out. Perhaps you could find a way to get the A.I. to move its army out to the choke of its natural to defend better?
3.  Another thing I noticed was that the A.I. doesn't handle TvT very well. It tends to mass maras and rines, then go for vikings. I've never seen A.I. Terran tech for tanks, hellions, or banshees (in my experience). 
4. In ZvZ match-ups the A.I. is particularly weak to early pushes. I'm not talking LOL 6POOL RUSH KEKEKEKE, I mean anything that rushes faster than a 12pool tends to beat it. After the A.I. builds its first decent group of lings, it won't usually replace them if I kill them off. The A.I. makes like 4 more, then starts teching hardcore, without putting any defenses in.
5. I have yet to have my mineral lines harassed (not that I'm complaining lol).

I was surprised, however, to see Zerg A.I. build a lot of high-tech units late-game. I got jumped by lots of Ultras+Corruptors, and nearly lost. Kudos on that.

tl;dr A.I. has trouble countering and defending properly, and it techs at inappropriate times, but it's a solid A.I., and I look forward to future updates.

Katie Drake

Awesome job on 6.1.1 guys. I got completely rolled by the Zerg in my last game - they sent a massive group of Ultralisks, Hydralisks and Mutalisks at my base. I fought off the first attack, but the second wave contained a ton of Zerglings too and I was overwhelmed. It's perfect. :)