Starcraft 2: DOTA

Started by douche1337, March 01, 2010, 11:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douche1337

Do you guys think it'll happen?
This may be too early...but...

As of now:

1) "Heroes" that already exist may include queen, thor, mothership(?) but of course any unit can be designated as a unique "hero."

2) No units seem to have the ability to store "Items" in a "stash."

3) Galaxy Map editor: Hopefully when this comes out, one will be able to create a DOTA-like map and corresponding triggers to generate creep waves can be easily done as well. 

Main problem: NO ITEMS?  :'(

David

Quote from: douche1337 on March 01, 2010, 11:01:22 PM

As of now:

1) "Heroes" that already exist may include queen, thor, mothership(?) but of course any unit can be designated as a unique "hero."

3) Galaxy Map editor: Hopefully when this comes out, one will be able to create a DOTA-like map and corresponding triggers to generate creep waves can be easily done as well. 

as of now, no, it isn't possible.. but like you said once the galaxy map editor comes out, it definitely will happen  :) patience young one.

PreTenD

I am not sure, although, Items can always be substituted as something.
Ex: Health - Build Marine: Heal X% Health
Although it's kind of a pain in the butt to do that, It could happen, Item stashes may even be probable.
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

cyricc

Quote from: David on March 01, 2010, 11:12:18 PM

As of now:

as of now, no, it isn't possible.. but like you said once the galaxy map editor comes out, it definitely will happen  :) patience young one.

Thing about WC3 is that units were specifically designated as hero units in the normal game, you could make them as allies. This means that the editor allowed you to access the hero units specifically and edit their stats, stat gains, and with more robust editors, icons, sounds, and models.

With SC2, there are no real heros, even in SC the heros were just other units, with no real "hero" properties. The changes of seeing DOTA as it was in WC3 is rare, however, if you look at Blizz's Starcraft 2 Battle.Net update, you will see in a screenshot of the lobby that 1 of the games on there is DOTA... so maybe...

ooni

Quote from: cyricc on March 01, 2010, 11:25:12 PM
Quote from: David on March 01, 2010, 11:12:18 PM

As of now:

Thing about WC3 is that units were specifically designated as hero units in the normal game, you could make them as allies. This means that the editor allowed you to access the hero units specifically and edit their stats, stat gains, and with more robust editors, icons, sounds, and models.

With SC2, there are no real heros, even in SC the heros were just other units, with no real "hero" properties. The changes of seeing DOTA as it was in WC3 is rare, however, if you look at Blizz's Starcraft 2 Battle.Net update, you will see in a screenshot of the lobby that 1 of the games on there is DOTA... so maybe...

One of the Blizzard representatives in Blizzcon stated there are heroes in the game that level up in campaign. There will definitely be heroes in the game. Plus they said the custom edit of heroes are more flexible in SC2. ALSO there were leveling units for Protoss in the early builds (though they only leveled up once).

DrunkenPirate

Blizzard is well aware of how big the DotA community is in wc3 and I am pretty much 99% sure that the new map editor will handle the whole level up and item base mechanics very well.  If blizzard left it out of SC2 that would be a huge mistake.

IceFrog might not make a DotA in SC2 but i bet there are going to be 1000 DotA like maps in SC2 5 days after its launch..I really do hope that IceFrog heads over to SC2 because i don't know if anybody else can do the job as well as he does.
Pirate 4 Life

madgc8

I think anything is possible in SC2 after watching this video

BlizzCon 2009 - StarCraft II Custom Map Preview

pretty damn interesting

Artanis186

Blizzard mentioned some time ago that we would be able to create an inventory system. With that known, an AoS (DotA came from it, look it up) will be makable. Besides, even if it weren't makable with items, just look at all the original StarCraft AoS maps out there. Like Temple Siege, Storm the Fort, and Hero Sanctuary (My favorite).

prodiG

If you actually look closely in that video, in the Blizzard UMS maps there is a Defense of the Ancients game

AKA it's shipping with dota :>

Claw

Fact: Stand-Alone "Heroes of Newerth" will own every Sc2-DotA port.

PhiliBiRD

Quote from: Claw on March 02, 2010, 02:48:00 PM
Fact: Stand-Alone "Heroes of Newerth" will own every Sc2-DotA port.

are you joking?

HoN is a joke.

Kingdom

HoN is quite far from a joke; if anything its only the community that ruins it. The devs have done a great job at porting heroes and items, as well as making their own; and the game remains in similar if not better balance than DotA has ever had.

If anything, the rumored Dota2 made by icefrog+valve will take the top.

kdronez

I hope this wont happen,I hate dota T_T.I love war3 tho xD.