AI Script Editing Tool

Started by sYk0, March 02, 2010, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kernel64

Quote from: kblood on March 05, 2010, 05:25:04 PM
Try:
http://mwolk.com/blog/advanced-notepa/

Thanks, Kblood. This is awesome. Wish I had this 15 years ago.

Again, thanks a lot!

Heinermann

Quote from: Kernel64 on March 05, 2010, 01:57:14 PM
3. Change the background color of the editor. White hurts my eyes. 30% gray would be alright.
Don't ever change the colours of default form elements (edit box background for example). This is something that users can change themselves in Windows' Theme settings.

Kernel64

Quote from: Heinermann on March 05, 2010, 06:42:21 PM
Quote from: Kernel64 on March 05, 2010, 01:57:14 PM
3. Change the background color of the editor. White hurts my eyes. 30% gray would be alright.
Don't ever change the colours of default form elements (edit box background for example). This is something that users can change themselves in Windows' Theme settings.

That's the problem. I have my defaults set to 30% gray. This form may not be defined to use windows' default.

kblood

Quote from: Kernel64 on March 05, 2010, 06:32:04 PM

Thanks, Kblood. This is awesome. Wish I had this 15 years ago.

Again, thanks a lot!
No problem :) Google did most the work in finding it. I just remember finding some good enhanced notepads when doing a bit PHP coding and these were very useful. Even more so when it is C++ because it sure is one uptight code. It has no mercy for the simplest errors it seems. At least when it comes to syntax. Which is important in any kind of code, but afaik PHP usually does not completely crash because of it.
But it will be easier to edit several .galaxy files with the editor sYk0 is making and I imaging we could help finding some nifty macro code snippets to add to it.

DarkZeros

The tool seems interesting. But there is an easyer way to edit the galaxy files without opening the MPQ.

I place the files in /SC2_DIR/TriggerLibs/  when the game needs a file, first searcher its main dir. So, no need to put the files inside the MPQ.

hd

Quote from: DarkZeros on March 07, 2010, 07:51:09 AM
The tool seems interesting. But there is an easyer way to edit the galaxy files without opening the MPQ.

I place the files in /SC2_DIR/TriggerLibs/  when the game needs a file, first searcher its main dir. So, no need to put the files inside the MPQ.

Which is fine when you're editing and testing stuff. But for distribution, you want to package it neatly for those who will use it.

sYk0

I can't say too much now (not because I don't want too but because I'm typing this from my mobile, on holiday).

I will try implement as many (useful) features (that users request) as I can into this application.

I will implement the option to select and use a folder like it was an .mpq file (optionally convert the folder into .mpq).

There will also be options to change the syntax highlighting & background colours of the text editor.

I have already implemented some semi-functional code completion and error checking for .galaxy files.

There are many more features I have added, will let you know all about them when I get back from vacation at the end of next week.