Status of LAN Crack

Started by KennYblu3, March 02, 2010, 03:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennYblu3

Hey,

i following this Forum since Starcraft 2 beta release. The Devs do a great Job, wanne thank you for your great work on the Crack and the AIs.
Maybe you can say this community how it looks like with a multiplayer crack? Are u still working on it? What is the status on it ? When we can expect a alpha or beta version of a multiplayer crack?

regards

Skylo

As far as I concern you should ask this in the teknogods/lazytown Boards! They're doing something on it. It seems that they have 1 beta key to get some real pakets, so they can reverse engineer and write a function battle.net homeserver.

I think its gonna take a while, don't be sad if you dont find one the next weeks! I'm sad already .. ;)

KennYblu3

Why it is so hard to programm a Lan Client? We allready know the "funkctions/methods" of this game. I mean somethin like move(x,y) or buildLair() . So i think it must be possible to replace the AI with a PC Client. I thought about somethink like this, Client 1 send his Comments to Client 2 into the AI File. And Client2 send his comments to the AI File of Client 1.

Gamewiz

It's all but confirmed that LAN probably won't happen. But a emulated bnet server will, it's just a matter of time.

starcrafter64

Quote from: KennYblu3 on March 02, 2010, 03:45:08 PM
Why it is so hard to programm a Lan Client? We allready know the "funkctions/methods" of this game. I mean somethin like move(x,y) or buildLair() . So i think it must be possible to replace the AI with a PC Client. I thought about somethink like this, Client 1 send his Comments to Client 2 into the AI File. And Client2 send his comments to the AI File of Client 1.

I don't think anyone could possibly have a WORSE understanding of LAN concept. Nobody should be expecting LAN to surface anytime soon, if ever. The amazing coders that have done Singleplayer and ai cracks are better spending their time working on emulation of bnet, because it can serve virtually everyone.

Skylo

Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 02, 2010, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: KennYblu3 on March 02, 2010, 03:45:08 PM
Thx for saying it, I just wanted to post sth like that too. I wonder if anyone of this guys ever programmed something and even knows about TCP/IP mechanics!

Its never EASY... just include the lazylaunch team in your prayer every night...
I don't think anyone could possibly have a WORSE understanding of LAN concept. Nobody should be expecting LAN to surface anytime soon, if ever. The amazing coders that have done Singleplayer and ai cracks are better spending their time working on emulation of bnet, because it can serve virtually everyone.

PhiliBiRD

pretty sure LAN will not be possible.  the dev's know better than we do.  thats why they are focusing on a b.net server emulation.. because thats how SC2 was coded around.

David

I think someone said the code for LAN is in there... but it is better off to have the b.net emu up

KennYblu3

it was only just an idea, i have no experience with tcp/ip programming :)

Gamewiz

Quote from: David on March 02, 2010, 04:51:43 PM
I think someone said the code for LAN is in there... but it is better off to have the b.net emu up

Actually the exact opposite has been said. There is NO lan capabilities in the beta files, because there is not going to be LAN in the final product.

TheBuzzer

well the best way to do a lan crack is to figure out how bnet does the client grouping and handshake. after that game start they could loose connection to battle net but the rest shouldnt have to be emulated anymore.

Artanis186

I personally believe Lan will be possible. I'm sure Blizzard has had some lan capabilities to test stuff, right? Maybe not, just a theory. But I think it's possible.

Gr!mm

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 02, 2010, 04:59:57 PM

Actually the exact opposite has been said. There is NO lan capabilities in the beta files, because there is not going to be LAN in the final product.

LAN will be in the final product... you just have to go through battle net. It stops people buying one game and playing on a local network. Very greedy of course.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Gr!mm on March 03, 2010, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 02, 2010, 04:59:57 PM

LAN will be in the final product... you just have to go through battle net. It stops people buying one game and playing on a local network. Very greedy of course.

How is that greedy? Because they want people to buy the game? How dare they! They are a company! They shouldn't expect to make money off their products!

/end sarcasm

jetricson

hmm, since Starcrack already has a launcher and all, isn't it possible for the launcher to like... put in the IP Address of a person who also has the launcher up and running as well; like those network fighting games for the PC (like melty blood, touhou 12.3, etc) where the host waits for a person/s to join in? :x just a random thought

how to determine the number of players waiting; well why not just start 1 v 1, then maybe the launcher will check the map name/data if there should be any more players joining in that hosted game.

great job on the AI so far :D