Starcrack AI V5 is out! Discuss:

Started by Jovani, February 28, 2010, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cykelfarfar

Here is the v5 AI : http://www.mediafire.com/?tmgh2zyjion

Its a pretty big improvement from v3 but still pretty easy imo, very agressive at start but later on it just sucks, still fun to play though

kdronez

Yep they are easy,but you can alwayse experiment with different tactics :>.

Jovani

I noticed last time that just before they released V5, their site went down. Cross your fingers for V6!!

Gapato

- v3 for easy
- I couldn't try v4
- v5 kills me even though I try to fight hard

I'm not good at SC though. I'm more familiar with WC3, and I have a hard time keeping the production up. (Often above 1k minerals after 5/10 min)

Keep up the good work ! I wanna get better before I have to play online :D

Venom

Quote from: trusdurden on February 28, 2010, 10:51:46 PM
hey just played it seriously. this time it was a PvP. the AI rushed me twice, with a good number of units. but as you guys, the AI couldnt counter my air units. that is maybe the only problem i've seen so far. anyway, it is a lot better than the v4. thanks for your work guys

Really, the Protoss AI rushed you? Coz I've played a good number of PVPs in v5.0 and he waits forever to build an army of zealots/stalkers/immortals and then attacks.

The AI also doesn't expand, at least in my experience. Oh and one more thing: I went scouting with one zealot, he had about 5-6 zealots ready so I faked an attack after which I ordered the zealot to move to the opposite side of the map and the AI's entire army followed him leaving the base wide open for any sort of attack. You can just walk in and burn it to the ground with a handful of units.

Hope this helps ! Good luck with the development !

kdronez

From my experience with Ai v 5.0 (like 20 games)the terran make faster expand then protoss and zerg :>.Dont know why tho Zerg always have to get faster expand for more units.

ProoM

so yeah, it has vision (zerg), antiair (zerg) and expanding behind/walking through destroyable rocks. Awsome job for the developers of this, didn't expected so much of the AI :}.

mod2411

I am currently watching a 1v1 ai match between a zerg and protoss, the protoss at the beginning left about 6 probes on gas for about 1 min, then re assigned them. the zerg let his quick expand die by about 9-10 zealots while the zerg had atleast 25 zerglings and 5+ roaches, he should of tried to save it...

Hazmit

Hey all,
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the work in producing the launcher, maps, and AI.

Is there any information out there on how the AI is coded? I'm a career developer with a fair amount of C++, obj-c and web technology experience. I was wondering how the AI files are creating and if there is any information out there that could help me get up to speed so I could make my own or contribute to the ongoing effort.

Thanks again everyone.

-H

Rain[sun]

I just officially lost my first SC2 game haha.

4player on Shakuras Plateau, Me(T)vsZvsPvsP

Z kept doing ling/roach waves and I held it off while taking the lowered expansion, then after awhile when I popped helions tanks and vikings he stopped attacking, so I expo'd again.

Then out of nowhere the zerg AI says, "gg". I go WTF and scan him, Blue protoss raped him with stalkers and zealots. I start to make a counter for stalker/zealot and Teal Protoss, who did nothing all game, says "gg". I scan him and Blue has archons, dt's stalkers and zealots. Within 2 minutes he masses me as im killing his expos, I hold him off but way too weak to go for his main so i start teching to BC's while countering him.

This is the part that amazed me. The next wave came archon, dt, carrier mass, he kills about half my base but I hold him off with a lot of units left so I charge on his base, and I find 10+ carriers waiting for me and he mows me down, then finishes me off before I can rebuild.

I think one of your protoss builds is just a LITTLE better than the other, I'm impressed :)
I didnt think id have to try very hard vs AI
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

madmarttigan

I have played many games and I would have to say the weakest aspect of the AI is their keeping up with my production. They have a good first rush but after that I feel like I get to choose if I want the game to end or not. I don't exactly know how to fix that though lol. Protoss has by far the strongest front in longer games with their carrier/archon spamming. Terran needs to stop spamming vikings. Battlecruiser spam would probably be more challenging and I think zerg takes too long to tech up to more advanced units like mutas and I've never seen a brood lord/corruptor combo pop up on me. I am impressed that you have the infestors mind controlling my Battlecruisers though! I know the AI has a very attack and retreat attitude but I feel like they lose a lot of resources and troops because of how they attack. The only race this works for is protoss because that is actually the PERFECT way to play carriers. Their interceptors smoke me while they run away.

The AI does a good job if you give them a lot of time to build up (terran is probably the weakest in the long games though, they need to seriously buff vikings lol), but they are pretty easy in the beginning, probably mostly because they waste themselves on their suicidal run and retreat tactics.

QQJoker

is the ai V5 harder than the V5.5 because I can seriously own 5.5 with no problems

Gamewiz

Quote from: QQJoker on March 10, 2010, 01:46:27 PM
is the ai V5 harder than the V5.5 because I can seriously own 5.5 with no problems

Why are you still playing with v5 or v5.5? Download v6.1.1, as it's the most advanced one yet. No point in playing with the older versions.

QQJoker

ya im playing with the 6.1 but havent tried cheating version yet.

Gamewiz

Quote from: QQJoker on March 10, 2010, 02:02:58 PM
ya im playing with the 6.1 but havent tried cheating version yet.

Ah, ya I haven't tried the cheating version yet. Playing no-cheat 1v1 vs anything I can mop the floor with them with minimal effort. I'm not a fan of the cheating versions, as it just becomes one large macro-fest, with minimal micro necessary. I like the quick hits and micro-intensive battles of 1v1... god I wish I had a beta key.