"Fastest Possible" map :

Started by s0y2, March 02, 2010, 09:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s0y2

I decided I couldn't wait for the Map Editor for a "Fastest Possible" map.

So far.

All minerals are now stacks of High Yield Minerals.

Vespene Geysers are stacked. Can't use more than once yet. Will fix soon.

Placing a mineral field closer to the start point than allowed, moves the start point. Coded into the game, not the map.

Original map was Lost Temple. I changed a few things, changed the tileset, and got rid of the extra crap littered about.

I used one of sYk0's maps to base my package off of, so it includessome of his files, including the beautiful start message letting youknow who is playing, and the load screen.

I changed the load screen to use the StarCrack image.

I attempted to make it a 2v2 map, but that is also coded outside the maps.

Will make this a 6 player FFA in the future.

I could use help making an AI that can use infinite minerals, if anyone is willing.

Lost Temple Mk 2

Let me know if there is anything you want to see changed, improved, or removed.

6 gas per starting point.
Near infinite minerals.
Minimap is fixed.

Removed the rocks and all the extra mineral/gas bases.
Shrunk the two "Observer" towers.
Added an "Observer" tower to each starting base. It is extremely tiny, and under your building.

Still need someone to help with a better AI for this type of map. I might get around to it by the weekend if no one else does.

New Map!  Lost Temple Mk3

Anything else you guys want to see?

Next one will remove most of the stacked minerals. I'll keep enough for about 40 drones for about an hour. This should make the map faster.
I think I'll keep the 6 gas, but will try out the 8.

Will remove the extra towers, seems they are moving the start point on some games.

I'll also work on a 1v1 of this same map.

Both will be available in 12ish hours as long as nothing gets in the way.

Less stacked minerals (about 1/4 as many)
Stayed with the 6 geyser spots, 8 left no room to make stuff
Can't move the geysers nor minerals closer to the base.
Changed each geyser and mineral spot to 100mil each. You will never run out of minerals.
Moved the Observer towers to under one of the mineral spots, this prevents base from getting pushed away and doesn't move anything else.

2 players
removed start location of 2 of the players, just a rough way to make it 2player, might change it if it gets annoying.

4 players

Let me know if there is anything else!!

mithhunter55

Ill test it out a bit. Needs double gas... so many minerals haha. Mini map wasnt showing units/buildings.

cyricc

I've tested it out and so far I only see a few things that need improving.

Can we get some more vespene gas geysers at the bases? At this rate I have 10k mins and only 1-2 k gas.
The minimap doesn't seem to show the units if you are currently watching them. So you can never see your own forces.
I like how big the rocks and towers are but can you make them a little smaller, right now i accidentally click on them cuz of their sheer size.

Great work man keep it up. This also belongs in the Galaxy Maps area.

s0y2

Thanks for the input guys.  ;D

Moving all new stuff to first post.

(also, I figured this'd go here, since I'm not using the Galaxy editor.  8) )

Artanis186

You should update your main post with the correct link and stuff.

EDIT: Review

Well, let's see. I can play this game at nice speeds on Ultra.
Started up your map, 4 fps. Put it on low settings, 4 fps.

There is an invisible Xel'Naga Watch Tower where my CC should be and the CC is moved back a bit. I tried to move it closer, but the Tower blocked it.

The map is unplayable with all the minerals you have stacked. At least for me.

cyricc

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 03, 2010, 08:49:52 AM
You should update your main post with the correct link and stuff.

EDIT: Review

Well, let's see. I can play this game at nice speeds on Ultra.
Started up your map, 4 fps. Put it on low settings, 4 fps.

There is an invisible Xel'Naga Watch Tower where my CC should be and the CC is moved back a bit. I tried to move it closer, but the Tower blocked it.

The map is unplayable with all the minerals you have stacked. At least for me.

I noticed a sharp decrease in fps also but not so bad that it was 4... Maybe put less mins cuz I didnt deplete 1 of them for 15 mins and it will help with performance on this map. Also, 6 gas is nice but can you move them closer and put 8? its still 7 mins vs 4 gas per worker which is slow.

bustya

I just played a TvTvZ.

The two CPUs played with each other and totally forgot about me. Would have been an exciting match if i was involved. In the end, i just entered their bases with 12 reapers and met zero resistance.

Please make this map 1v1 or 2v1, not 1v1v1

Darius

Hmmm i think im doing something wrong here, cuz the msg Unable to lunch map jump after loading, any idea to fix that?

baddy

something is messed up cause it lags as hell

mithhunter55

I was having the same kind of  frame drops if I build to many pylons the psi effect stacks... Really bad so i have been bulding them far apart. Its the shader graphics. Hopefully bulizzard could do something  to improve the psi power effect. The lag on this map is probly cuassed by the effect of the transparent crystals.

chetjan

@baddy i had the same problem though it could just be cause my comp sucks

s0y2

Thanks for more input, updating the first post now.

chetjan

cool, I managed to tinker a few setting and close programs so lagging is no longer a problem :)

s0y2

1v1 and (4)FFA are both ready, uploading them now, will fix update original post with updates.

Artanis186

I don't think the Xel'Naga tower is even necessary. You should be seeing a lot more than its radius by the time you get your base set up a little. I see no real advantage to having it.