"Fastest Possible" map :

Started by s0y2, March 02, 2010, 09:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uber1984

Quote from: uber1984 on March 09, 2010, 02:30:11 AM
Quote from: mrbobyu on March 07, 2010, 04:02:29 PM
Gj soy, anyone is getting a crash during the middle of the game with this version?

[size=-webkit-xxx-large]YES![/size]

I am crashing about mid game with both of these 'fastest' maps, but never happens with any of the other ones I've used...

What gives?

Great maps... if it didn't crash mid game.

Im using the latest released versions... 2 player and 4 player.

PLS FIX ASAP

-thanks

Well Soy2, thanks for all your hard work :)  I got a bit impatient waiting for yah to fix the crash issue I was having with your map... so I went and fixed it myself ^^

Basically had to gut out some of the AI (i dont need it i use the beta launcher) and I had to remove your hidden observatory towers... and poof no more mid match sc2 crash.

linkage:
http://6300project.com/4UberLostTemple.rar

Cheers,
uber1984

s0y2

Quote from: uber1984 on March 12, 2010, 04:16:36 AM
Gj soy, anyone is getting a crash during the middle of the game with this version?

I am crashing about mid game with both of these 'fastest' maps, but never happens with any of the other ones I've used...

What gives?

PLS FIX ASAP

-thanks

Well Soy, thanks for all your hard work :)  I got a bit impatient waiting for yah to fix the crash issue I was having with your map... so I went and fixed it myself ^^

Basically had to gut out some of the AI (i dont need it i use the beta launcher) and I had to remove your hidden observatory towers... and poof no more mid match sc2 crash.

linkage:
http://project6300.com/4UberLostTemple.rar

Cheers,
uber1984

That's great! I didn't notice any crashing on any of my 5 computers I test on, so I wasn't able to reproduce it or fix it, and was about to come back saying that it's stuck like that. Thanks!

uber1984

Think it was either the built in AI or the additional lines that had:  unitType="Observatory" 

in it... either way, if you use the beta launcher by valk, and use the starcrack 6.1.1 ai cheating or standard, I have had 8 run through's now without a crash mid game.

Where as, with your version, I would crash mid game every time no fail.

glad i could help ^^

I will prolly make some more changes... atm im trying to figure out how to make my own landscape, so I can make my own map from scratch... but im probably better off waiting on the galaxy editor lol... trying to make a visual map, without a visual editor = confusion.

cheers!
uber1984

Quote from: s0y2 on March 12, 2010, 04:40:52 AM

What gives?

PLS FIX ASAP

-thanks

Well Soy, thanks for all your hard work :)  I got a bit impatient waiting for yah to fix the crash issue I was having with your map... so I went and fixed it myself ^^

linkage:
http://project6300.com/4UberLostTemple.rar

Cheers,
uber1984

That's great! I didn't notice any crashing on any of my 5 computers I test on, so I wasn't able to reproduce it or fix it, and was about to come back saying that it's stuck like that. Thanks!

mrbobyu

Thanks uber1984 and Soy2

You guys are the best, :), I will test it out later on and will give you guys some feedback.

ps. ty for the pm uber appreciated a lot :)

Bob

s0y2

Quote from: uber1984 on March 12, 2010, 05:00:19 AM

Think it was either the built in AI or the additional lines that had:  unitType="Observatory" 

in it... either way, if you use the beta launcher by valk, and use the starcrack 6.1.1 ai cheating or standard, I have had 8 run through's now without a crash mid game.

Where as, with your version, I would crash mid game every time no fail.

glad i could help ^^

I will prolly make some more changes... atm im trying to figure out how to make my own landscape, so I can make my own map from scratch... but im probably better off waiting on the galaxy editor lol... trying to make a visual map, without a visual editor = confusion.

cheers!
uber1984

It's all in the t3Terrain.xml

I played with it a bit, but don't have the patience to make a new map without the visual :D

(cliffCellList num="6400" numOccupied="1821")
(cc i="86" f="1" cid="0" cvar="0"/)

If you change the i="##" and cvar="#" to different things, it moves different things.

herman285

What gives?

PLS FIX ASAP

-thanks

Well Soy2, thanks for all your hard work :)  I got a bit impatient waiting for yah to fix the crash issue I was having with your map... so I went and fixed it myself ^^

linkage:

Cheers,
uber1984

Thanks for posting the solution!! but..

Can someone repost the link? Or teach me how to not crash in mid game?

Thanks!

mrbobyu

Crash free one with 4 players ! Didn't have a chance to test maybe tomorrow ! Have fun