AI 5.5 report..

Started by blood_hound, March 03, 2010, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blood_hound

well i was playing 5.5 two times now.. and here's what i found out..

-if you went on playing 4x4 FFA one of the AIs will stand out and eliminate the Two (you'll be one of them if you survive his rush attacks)
-two of the FUTURE losing teams (the likely duplicated faction) doesn't much EXPAND or Make an army... so the AI that does not have a duplicate will probably win over them easier..
-the only outstanding AI sends out scouts and waves of attacks.. dunno why :(
-i think 5.5 made the color of my base GREEN and made them ALL RED :(

anyways this is what i found out.. i hope the future releases of the AIs gets better and balanced :D

thanks darkblizz! more power!!  8) 8)

the Humans are not EXTINCT!!!

chetjan

ya I hope v6 is better though I admit with i'm impressed with the progress they have made so far.

kdronez

I think that the biggest problem with AI 5.5 is that it waste too much resources to expand instead of building an army.
One minor protoss thing that I just saw xD.When protoss probe starts to build assimilator its stays there it didnt go to harve until its done :>.

chetjan

True the easy way to fix this is to download the cheating version and with 20* the resources its kinda hard to waste it.

blood_hound

@kdronez
well i never saw them wasting time expanding, i never saw the other 2 expand -_- whenever i try to scan them off, i just see their base, and i scan again to look for their army and.. NOTHING  ???

@chet
i can't even beat the medium on 5.5 diff :(

Tech[Mech]

Rofl. You just made my day.

The green and red issue is caused by one of the tabs you clicked by your minimap, sets the color of allies/enemy to arbitrary colors or the same for ease of use

Dragonly

Yeah I agree, medium 5.5 that i'm playing tend not to buld an army and one usually terran for me will kill off the other two then focus on me, but by that time I ahve a full army of whatever

love the work that was done

kdronez

i download cheating AI 5.5 and I can say that with protoss its veeeeeeery easy to beat it :>.I dont mean to defend all game and make big army I mean fight like 1v1 with advance :>.
Basicly its like survival waves until you reach dark templars :>.Ai dont have detectors so you know xD.
So tactic vs cheating AI 5.5 with protoss: zealots+sentry defend(you have no choce they just keep coming xD)and fast tech to dark templars after that its easy you can just press attack button and wait xD.
If someone dont belive me I can send him the 2 games that I play vs cheating AI 5.5 zerg xD.

DarkArchon

LOL, you beat me for seconds! Dark templars beats protoss like hell. 4 templars+1 probe and game is your. i don't know about other races, but protoss are way too easy.

kdronez

Totaly agree protoss is too easy it needs some nerfs phahahaha xD.

blood_hound

protoss are too easy? can't believe you guys are saying that but..

judging from my friend's battle last night..
he used protoss, he had 3 enemies, 1 protoss, 1 zerg (i guess or was it terran?) and 1 terran..

he survived the 1st minor wave that the Uprising Terran sent him.. after that he tried to harass his neighbor with his 2 colossus and 2 carriers (which ended up not destroying the base) his observer detected the marines are trying to remove the obstacle in the middle of the rich mineral field, within 30 mins in game he was able to build 4 carriers, 3 colossus and tested out ground units (stalkers, zealots, immortals) then..

terran units (thor, siege tanks, vikings and hellions + marauders) came busting his place out..

the problem with him is that he toyed with the game, but even thou it was like that, thor took out 2 of his carriers and 1 colossus :(

itsarabbit

Quote from: blood_hound on March 04, 2010, 09:38:28 AM
the problem with him is that he toyed with the game, but even thou it was like that, thor took out 2 of his carriers and 1 colossus :(
Thats because Thor is vulnerable to small units, its like a very big immortal.
and about the protoss needs a nerf, I don't know what you are talking about. The terran got the ghosts, and THEY needs to be nerfed. I mean, come on, tactical nuke? bullshit.
Want Beta key! :D