Custom Hotkeys?

Started by ss, March 03, 2010, 11:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ss

Does anyone know how to change the default hotkeys?

If you just saw them in the MPQs it would be enough, I'll modify them myself (and maybe document it).

Kingdom

I wouldn't even bother, it probably won't be legal in the future

Gamewiz

Quote from: Kingdom on March 03, 2010, 11:55:40 AM
I wouldn't even bother, it probably won't be legal in the future

It won't be. Changing hotkeys for SC1 was not allowed in any ranked game, so I'm sure the same rules apply here.

ss

In SC1 it wasn't detectable at all, I always played with the Grid hotkeys both in Battle.net and ICCUP.

And more recently, WC3 and WoW support it natively. It's pretty obvious Blizzard will allow it (if they don't because "it's a game-breaking setting" what about "always show the health bars"? Now THAT's game-breaking).

Also, they confirmed it's a feautre they're working on.

I just want to practice SC2 with grid hotkeys, which are far superior to what SC2 has right now (hell, some hotkeys are in the right side of the keyboard and others don't make sense at all (Pylon(E))?)

G-StaR

Quote from: ss on March 03, 2010, 04:05:36 PM
In SC1 it wasn't detectable at all, I always played with the Grid hotkeys both in Battle.net and ICCUP.

And more recently, WC3 and WoW support it natively. It's pretty obvious Blizzard will allow it (if they don't because "it's a game-breaking setting" what about "always show the health bars"? Now THAT's game-breaking).

Also, they confirmed it's a feautre they're working on.

I just want to practice SC2 with grid hotkeys, which are far superior to what SC2 has right now (hell, some hotkeys are in the right side of the keyboard and others don't make sense at all (Pylon(E))?)

well the hotkeys of sc2 are not grid at all.Like immortals are i and zealots are z.
But in other regions like german they have completely other hotkeys.
i read that in the german version they have the grid system.
like for attack itz t instead of a.i guess blizzard just want to test how the people
in the different regions react to the new hotkey system either its the fully new grid system
or a mix of grid and hotkeys on the right side.

sublime

custom hotkeys will definitely be available in the retail and i will use the grid as well....its the only way it makes sense. i was a grid user in wc3 and it is superior. i do not think it is illegal and never has been. i never was able to get my sc1 hotkeys to change though, the utility would say it worked but it wouldn't  :'(

hotkeys in SC2 are retarded. they tried to keep everything on the left I think (hence Pylon/Probe being "E") but fail on other occasions. I haven't bothered memorizing the current hotkey layout yet but if Immortal is I then they really didn't do a good job moving everything to the left.

I still frequently try to R-click to attack :(

chetjan

I personally would like to reset all the e shortcuts. They seem to have an obsession with e hotkey and I can't see the reason. Personally I like probe and pylon as p. (it is right under 0 and i like have my nexus as zero)

ss

Okay, found how to modify them.

I'll set all of them to the grid.

If I remember, I'll post the result here.

Tech[Mech]

???
Im 99% sure Blizz talked about custom hotkeys and stated in a plethora of ways the benefits.
For example, if i want my gateway hotkey lineups to be AWEF because its comfortable to me, why the hell shouldnt i be allowed to?

dr_driller

QuoteOkay, found how to modify them.

I'll set all of them to the grid.

If I remember, I'll post the result here.

any news on it ?

édit : sorry just found your following post :
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/grid-hotkeys/msg5436/#msg5436