Improved StarCrack AI 5.5 Cheating Version Updated!

Started by gzxaaa, March 03, 2010, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzxaaa

This improved script is made by a Chinese player buyiyi at http://3dmgame.chnren.com/bbs/showtopic-1149048.html (same forum for the enhanced Protoss & Zerg AI author).

The comments show that the improvements are quite decent. The AI now uses resource more wisely and completely, and knows how to defend better.

Update: Midgame AI strategy completely rewritten and AI detection capability greatly enhanced. Many other tweaks too. This is the last improved version of  StarCrack AI before the epic 6.0 comes.

P.S. Install StarCrack AI 5.5 Cheating version first and then extract the attached file to the Starcraft II beta folder. It'll show StarCrack AI V5.5++ THE LAST.

chetjan

mOsteel

did some tested this already?

feedback please

cvax

If it helps, this is what he said he did.

"blah blah spent whole day figuring this shit out...
watched some replays, figured out AI doesn't use resources
cause its the cheating version, AI gathers at 2x resources speed, so that's why its not using it all

only made a few changes to early, mid game tactics, and resource utilization. i couldn't figure out the mining splitting (not sure what he means? maybe maynarding peons or something to expos) issue though cause im not that skilled. all in all though, resource utilization has been improved. cause of that the AI is noticeably more difficult. working on the non-cheating version... everybody test it out, let me know how it goes.

i just use trial and error to make the changes so there may be some bugs here and there. cause its based off of someone elses AI, its not going to be ground breaking stuff from only one revision. but for us casual gamers, doesnt hurt to check it out.

just install it via TriggerLibs extraction to SC2 directory

at game start it'll say what the AI's race is. it'll also say 5.5++ at game start instead of just "StarCrack 5.5". if you don't have these two lines of text then you probably installed it wrong.

edit: improved AI's defensive capabilities, changed other misc details

looking forward to your testing"

gg.sc2

So basically this improved version makes AI 5.5 Cheating version even harder? I'm going to try it out right after this to see what it actually does, but can I see a show of hands for people who "can" actually beat 5.5 cheating every time guaranteed? If there isn't anyone, isn't it hard enough?

turdburgler

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 03, 2010, 01:14:03 PM

1. The AI won't harvest gas at expo, making AI lack of gas for high-tech units, such as Broodlord for zerg.

2. There could be a way to randomize the early game strategy for AI, like the protoss should not always go Zealot rush, but have some alternative approaches.

Both have been sorted in v 6.0. If he took a better look at 5.5 he would have noticed that toss and terran have two possible "early games". Anyway, back to coding.

silentbob

ElvishSolution

Still very beatable, at least for me, of course to expect an AI to ever give an experienced SC (and RTS in general) player like me any real trouble is basically unheard.  For casual players I'm even v5.5 without cheating is a challenge.  Probly should look into difficulty levels at this point.
Practice might make perfect, but some are good without it.

gg.sc2

Ok I just played this with the cheat version of 5.5 and it's not beatable at all. The comp just has way too much on their initial attack for any possible defense.
EDIT: How are you beating the comp?

EDIT: Okay, that's weird. Changing the base.sc2dat back to the original, and then playing against this 5.5++ made the comp seem quite easy. But I swear it was a lot more difficult playing with the cheat version 5.5 base.sc2dat. Does the TriggerLibs overwrite the base.sc2dat? It seems combining cheat version 5.5 with the 5.5++ makes comp so much harder.

r3ddrag0nx

Quote from: ElvishSolution on March 03, 2010, 09:52:41 PM
Still very beatable, at least for me, of course to expect an AI to ever give an experienced SC (and RTS in general) player like me any real trouble is basically unheard.  For casual players I'm even v5.5 without cheating is a challenge.  Probly should look into difficulty levels at this point.

yeah figured it was beatable 1v1. i guess we are similar. not that i'm an rts player, but im a quick learner. i like how things are coming along. hope ai can give me a run for my money soon w/ the release of v6. turd should definitely take a look at this version to imrpove his, but i think he's already implemented some of the imrpvoements.

ElvishSolution

Well the other thing is you have to know they are going to have a near unbeatable attack at about 8 minutes in, so you need to build strictly defense until that happens. 

For Terran 3-4 tanks is going to take out pretty much anything they throw at you until they get air. 

Zerg will probably have the hardest time beating this, and I've not tried with Zerg so I can't say for sure. 

For Protoss what I did to stop the attack was build a gateway and a pylon at the only choke point in my base, put cannons on the cliff faces, and by the time they attacked had 6-8 stalkers, drop expanded, got void rays and phoenix(es?) not sure the plural on that, walked into his base. 

I'm sure it would seem nearly impossible for many people and for a lot it is, but its mostly experience.  SC 1 I would do 8 player Melee 7 comps vs me, to practice my defense and fast macro, so I'm used to it.

The AI is still very much a work in progress eventually the goal I assume is to have 5 or so difficulty levels so that brand new RTS players, and original SC players who have been waiting 12 years alike can enjoy playing vs AI.
Practice might make perfect, but some are good without it.

Nakeddan

Quote from: ElvishSolution on March 04, 2010, 12:08:20 AM
Well the other thing is you have to know they are going to have a near unbeatable attack at about 8 minutes in, so you need to build strictly defense until that happens. 

For Terran 3-4 tanks is going to take out pretty much anything they throw at you until they get air. 

Zerg will probably have the hardest time beating this, and I've not tried with Zerg so I can't say for sure. 

For Protoss what I did to stop the attack was build a gateway and a pylon at the only choke point in my base, put cannons on the cliff faces, and by the time they attacked had 6-8 stalkers, drop expanded, got void rays and phoenix(es?) not sure the plural on that, walked into his base. 

I'm sure it would seem nearly impossible for many people and for a lot it is, but its mostly experience.  SC 1 I would do 8 player Melee 7 comps vs me, to practice my defense and fast macro, so I'm used to it.

The AI is still very much a work in progress eventually the goal I assume is to have 5 or so difficulty levels so that brand new RTS players, and original SC players who have been waiting 12 years alike can enjoy playing vs AI.
For Zerg you get like 6 banelings and blow up all their Zealots and have roaches and hydra to back it up and gg the AI doesnt kite the banelings

silentbob

The first attack is easy to defend, but keeping your expansion is almost impossible..unless you have a nice wall or many tanks.

chikopaws

Quote from: Nakeddan on March 04, 2010, 12:52:28 AM
For Zerg you get like 6 banelings and blow up all their Zealots and have roaches and hydra to back it up and gg the AI doesnt kite the banelings

Yeahh,, Banelings is really good to beat the first wave.. although I tried that with the original v5.5 cheating version

after that maybe you can mass muta or hydra

chikopaws

Quote from: ElvishSolution on March 04, 2010, 12:08:20 AM

woow,, you're really a pro player..
anyway, why void ray?? I think they will be destroyed before they reach 3 beams (I havent tried it myself)