Improved StarCrack AI 5.5 Cheating Version Updated!

Started by gzxaaa, March 03, 2010, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r3ddrag0nx

Quote from: ElvishSolution on March 04, 2010, 12:08:20 AM
Well the other thing is you have to know they are going to have a near unbeatable attack at about 8 minutes in, so you need to build strictly defense until that happens. 

For Terran 3-4 tanks is going to take out pretty much anything they throw at you until they get air. 

Zerg will probably have the hardest time beating this, and I've not tried with Zerg so I can't say for sure. 

For Protoss what I did to stop the attack was build a gateway and a pylon at the only choke point in my base, put cannons on the cliff faces, and by the time they attacked had 6-8 stalkers, drop expanded, got void rays and phoenix(es?) not sure the plural on that, walked into his base. 

I'm sure it would seem nearly impossible for many people and for a lot it is, but its mostly experience.  SC 1 I would do 8 player Melee 7 comps vs me, to practice my defense and fast macro, so I'm used to it.

The AI is still very much a work in progress eventually the goal I assume is to have 5 or so difficulty levels so that brand new RTS players, and original SC players who have been waiting 12 years alike can enjoy playing vs AI.

i think it would be more challenging to build normal builds (instead of cannoning up) and wall off if possible. at least for me, i try to emulate how i would play an actual player. tha's always a good test. i havent tried this cheating version yet, but will soon.

btw, if u want to be pro sc2, start practicing 15 hours a day or forget it, lol. what a life huh? trust me, being a competent player is different than pro and takes a lot of dedication and time away from real life. i would know personally.

iPcc

Quote from: gg.sc2 on March 03, 2010, 10:41:15 PM
Ok I just played this with the cheat version of 5.5 and it's not beatable at all. The comp just has way too much on their initial attack for any possible defense.
EDIT: How are you beating the comp?

EDIT: Okay, that's weird. Changing the base.sc2dat back to the original, and then playing against this 5.5++ made the comp seem quite easy. But I swear it was a lot more difficult playing with the cheat version 5.5 base.sc2dat. Does the TriggerLibs overwrite the base.sc2dat? It seems combining cheat version 5.5 with the 5.5++ makes comp so much harder.

Ok, finally defeated cheating AI 5.5 with Zerg by spamming Mutalisks early game. Kept my Queen alive during early zeolot rush by running around base. Played in Metropolis 4 players FFA. 2PvZ vs me. By the time I saw enemy's Colossus attacking another base, I immediately flew towards Protoss base and destroyed his probes and base. Protoss seems to be very weak against Mutalisk rush.

Gonna try other factions.

iPcc

Quote from: iPcc on March 04, 2010, 05:13:21 AM
Quote from: gg.sc2 on March 03, 2010, 10:41:15 PM
Ok I just played this with the cheat version of 5.5 and it's not beatable at all. The comp just has way too much on their initial attack for any possible defense.
EDIT: How are you beating the comp?

EDIT: Okay, that's weird. Changing the base.sc2dat back to the original, and then playing against this 5.5++ made the comp seem quite easy. But I swear it was a lot more difficult playing with the cheat version 5.5 base.sc2dat. Does the TriggerLibs overwrite the base.sc2dat? It seems combining cheat version 5.5 with the 5.5++ makes comp so much harder.

Ok, finally defeated cheating AI 5.5 with Zerg by spamming Mutalisks early game. Kept my Queen alive during early zeolot rush by running around base. Played in Metropolis 4 players FFA. 2PvZ vs me. By the time I saw enemy's Colossus attacking another base, I immediately flew towards Protoss base and destroyed his probes and base. Protoss seems to be very weak against Mutalisk rush.

Gonna try other factions.

Btw, when attacking the base, attack the pylons first to deactivate any defense structures. gtg now bbye.

hahahobun

terran first wave = 10 marines + 5-6 marauders.. at that time i had only 3 zealots, 2 stalkers and 2 cannons..
but warped in 2 more lots and pushed them away...
second wave they got a dozen more vikings... but i predicted that and went for immortals..
and good game..
when i looked into the base, mass structures, no units...
anyways.. still good job to those who shared with us

Swarmling

i just beat this AI 3 times in a row once twice with protoss and once with terrain

if u make cannons and bunkers and units for back up its easy to get air units in time to crush there base easily i have yet to beat them with zerg maybe in stead of ling rushing them and roach rush them i should play def and get sunkens and then mutas we will see how it goes..

5.5 cheater not hard for skilled plays use thunder storm is also a good key to victory as protoss nukes pwn the AI also

gg.sc2

But you guys don't get my point. r3ddrag0nx does though. I'm talking about pure 1v1 vs cheating AI without doing some gay defending, cannoning up, bunking up, etc. Anyone with some skill at spamming "B" and "C" can do that. I'm talking about playing with build orders, etc. Play with pure build order style like you would against a real human player and then tell me you can do it easily.

@hahahobun that's the same thing I did to win. I feel pathetic for putting up those 2 cannons though.

@iPcc appreciate the tips but I'm talking about 1v1. FFA is a whole lot of difference.

gile23

Ok, guys why making canons, i play with protoss i wipe out enemy in open battle he don t even have a chance i have about 5-7 zealots and about 5 stalkers, i kill almoust all his army, but when i start going into his base he wipes me out, he starts making a lot of army, and it s unbeatable in start period of game, it s simple you kill all his army at your base, you come at his base he has bigger army that you. Map is Desert Oasis which is great map and small map. I played Lost temple (4 players) FFA, i just let them destroy each one, and defend myself and make great army, nice idea but pretty hard to make :) . I had 5 zeppelins + ground army + mothership, protoss had 10 zeppelins + massive ground army, i killed maybe 1 weak ground unit, mothership has dissapeared in about max 5 seconds.

Only way to blast this enemy in 1 v 1 is to make a lot air units (i used to make zeppelins + mothership, i was protoss) and go into his base and just wipe it out, just structures and i won that game, he can just produce zerglings (Ai was zerg) that in meantime you make mass of strong units like zeppelins, archons, collosus + warp prism to warp a lot of zealots and stalkers while the game is going on.

I also played 1 game with terrans against zerg, i managed to make 12 reapers, i jumped into his base and destroyed all his structures, but i lost that game because i had in my base 10 units, he had about 50 xd.

Don t stick into your base with units, go expand base, make a lot weak army. And take out enemy, i wiped with 10 zealots and a couple of stalkers and 1 immortal mass of Hellions + marauders + tanks, he killed about 5 zealots which i recovered in fight with instant warping :) . But when i comed to his base battlecruisers wiped me out XD, he has incredible amount of money :) .

One question how many SCV-s, Probes, Drones are you sending on minerals and gas ?

Swarmling

yea all i do play is 1v1 i dont like ffa i rather do all the work  + ffa is so lame if u attack a base and there already being attack i see that the attacker trys to run away when  i come up the ramp but im blocking it and they all die not even attacking...lol how fun thats why 1v1 is alot better

ive spam zealots and stalkers with a 3gateway rush vs zerg and i won with some micro i was almost lost when like all theses roaches came from no were but stalkers can pwn them easily cause there range is weak easy to out micro them and lings cause they dont up speed it was a easy win no cannons that time and i pushed him that time..lol maybe if they ai got baeling i could of got messed up or ling speed

gile23

One more thing, i think that AI 5.5 cheating is stronger than a lot of Starcraft 2 beta Battlenet players (guys which gotted beta key, or bought it). I think that new version of AI cheating will be better even than David Kim, i would like to see him managing against this Ai :) . Human players in my opinion are much easier than AI cheating.

@swarmling try not to bug AI, try to beat him in that way and without attacking him with invisible units, it s stupid beating him in that way :). Excepting Terrans which take invisible units in a flash of second :).

Swarmling

not very true this AI still lacks micro and is very dumb..lol if your army size is bigger he was run back and forth and u can snipe hes units off slowly then once u killed alot follow him into hes base but pull back when u see more units and then he will keep runing back and forth and u can snipe hes units with range units its like a glich or sommthing it happens alot now

gg.sc2

Lol okay. No offense but a little more time spent on grammar could help your posts be read a little easier. Anyways, aside from that, what are zeppelins? lol. I agree, AI 5.5 cheating is tough. In 1v1 how do you manage to get AIR as toss before comp rapes you? Unless you put up defense structures and defend the initial attack I think the game would be over by then.

Is dayvie still the best on bnet? Last I checked he wasn't. I too would like to see the platinum folks play against cheating AI.

@Swarmling
GJ. yeah I could see the 3 gate rush working for zerg.

Swarmling

yea but i would like to do a 3gate rush on a real player to see how he would react to that and make a counter cause 3gate rush delays your teching cause u dont wanna get gas yet so u can pump in alot of zealots and mess the ai up then follow it up with stalkers to micro the roaches easy with there low range cant even touch me

kdronez

I just finish my 1st game vs this AI damn its crazy :>.I won with terran vs zerg :>.With terran is easyer to win becouse terrans defence is the best :>.
So basicly I made marines+marauders+medivacs and advance little by little with bunkers :>.Have 2 expands as well :>.

Swarmling

nvm i couldnt get the replays working

gile23

Quote from: gg.sc2 on March 04, 2010, 02:46:52 PM
Lol okay. No offense but a little more time spent on grammar could help your posts be read a little easier. Anyways, aside from that, what are zeppelins? lol. I agree, AI 5.5 cheating is tough. In 1v1 how do you manage to get AIR as toss before comp rapes you? Unless you put up defense structures and defend the initial attack I think the game would be over by then.

Is dayvie still the best on bnet? Last I checked he wasn't. I too would like to see the platinum folks play against cheating AI.

@Swarmling
GJ. yeah I could see the 3 gate rush working for zerg.

Xd, carriers man :), how i managed, i was trying to defend with good army, i fast teached gotted 2 structures (don t know exact name) for carriers, i expand myself in fifth minute, in begging i have a lot of army. Are you sure that 3 gateway rush work for Ai, in one game i gotted some about 7 warp gates WTF, i always research charge and blink, it s imba :). I think that those bnet guys won t have a great chance against those AI, in a couple of first games Ai will pawn them easily :), later i don t know :). I can see that you all win Ai on beggining or blast him out with a couple of nukes :), try some other way, which you can try against human player :). How many SCV-s/Probe-s/Drone-s are you sending on gas ?