StarIAI (Interactive AI) v0.3 [Only Protoss]

Started by DarkZeros, March 03, 2010, 07:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ooni

Quote from: sLayed on March 05, 2010, 10:14:41 AM
For those who say building a fully mixed army from the get-go is a failure tactic, please just watch some jaedong fantasy games. The amazing thing about zerg is every unit the race can make stems from the hatchery, allowing for a very diverse and ever adapting build especially considering the cost of the units.  This is of course beautifully countered by the fantasy build, where the individuals skill is truly brought out and great games of starcraft can be played.  Both races are tested to the limit, and the players ability to utilize each unit in counter to their opponent is tested miraculously.  The fantasy build goes up literally 80% of the techtree in 5 minutes or so.  Early vulture harass into wraith or dropships, followed by possible valkyries or goliaths or even another swap into medic marine tank army.  The "vulture => valkyrie => mm army complimented by tanks" can be seen in the 2009 OSL Finals, Jaedong vs Fantasy: '09 Batoo OSL Finals - Jaedong vs. Fantasy 1set 1/2 (Eng. Com.)  Hope you enjoy this great game of starcraft.  This whole series is really nice I find as it's a great and unique display of Zerg against Terran.  Perhaps you might also want to watch some Jaedong vs Bisu games as they both typically use a similar mixed unit style.  For example corsair reaver to dt drop, zealot drop, to high temps and archons.

Okay, something more important now.  I have created a folder in my Starcraft II Beta folder called TriggerLib and I have placed the .galaxy files into that folder.  Is that all I need to do to play with this new Protoss AI?  What should I select as the difficulty with the Launcher?  Thanks!

I wish you could learn to read. None of us said variety is a fail, we said the build AI does is fundamentally wrong and the rational is that you will not have enough money to sustain it. Let's look at FvJ; Fantasy was able to make variety of units because Fantasy knew he was in front (J had expanded + no troops). I didn't say diverse units are weak (harder to counter in SC2; read plz), it's just that you will be economically behind and your reward is having far less units but "variety". You probably noticed that Jaedong freaked out when he saw all kinds of units because he had not seen pro players do mass variety with one expansion, he wasn't prepared for it. You should ask yourself why so many pro players do not make so many variety with one expansion. Then ask yourself how many situations do you see coming out on top, having only one expansion heavily mixed units?

OK... I really like what you have done with the code. I printed yours off and will be using it as a reference for my own upcoming AIs.

However, your build order is poor. I just observed your AI in a 4-player computer-only game. 2 of your Protoss IAIs versus 2 of my custom Zerg AI. Your AI did well in the early game but quickly fell behind in resources. At one point my AI had 40 drones versus your 23 probes. A few early mutalisks and roach rush took out your expansion and then the Zerg expanded again to the high-yield minerals... gg.

My AI uses nothing but AISetStock and AIDefaultExpand commands but simply fast-expanding and then pumping shittons of mutalisks was enough to overwhelm your AI quite easily.

Your code is good, but you just need to go for even MORE units earlier. Expand faster also. I'm going to release a conglomeration of our AIs (my zerg/terran and your protoss) so people can play around with it. It's nasty :)

cloak123

Yeah i'd like to see that 1337

Also, Ive noticed Very poor resource management from this Ai as well. It builds very good army variety. Just Too slow and does expand enough and is not aggresive enough.

im sure alot of this will be improved as its developed. For everyone else who just Attacked this AI , how bout you make one ok?

Quote from: cloak123 on March 05, 2010, 06:43:34 PM
Yeah i'd like to see that 1337

Released. It includes this protoss AI plus my zerg and terran AIs. It's quite challenging :)

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/1337-ai-v0-1-(new-release)/

I'm going to recode my AIs to use a similar system like this, and then bump up the resource gathering on the protoss. For now, the protoss AI remains unchanged, and I left in the Protoss IAI "Prepare to die!" message at the beginning, to give credit where credit is due.

kblood

Use this AI with a cheating AI that gets higher income. Then this AI truly excels. I have seen it loose in a game without increased income, which proves the claims that it is doing too much too soon. The entire build does rely on not being rushed though, and fending off with what it has. If it stays alive and somewhat untouched till midgame, it usually destroys the other AI. They usually run away too often, mid battle.
I will try your AI 1337 :) Sounds interesting.