StarCrack AI Official Feedback Thread (V5.5)

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turdburgler

spritzi

starcrafter64

I just finished a 4 player Lost Temple. 2 terran 1 toss and me zerg.

1 Terran built 5 starports and vikings.
1 Terran just expanded like crazy putting supply depots and turrets everywhere.
1 of the Terrans killed the Toss pretty quick.

They did come at me with a decent force. I had my ramp blocked with ranged units and they just ran away.

Game only lasted long enough for 3 of my drones to deplete 2500gas. Not sure how long that takes.

Lenor

Thank you so much,will try them later.
Keep up the good work! ;)

chikopaws

Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 01, 2010, 10:04:34 PM
I just finished a 4 player Lost Temple. 2 terran 1 toss and me zerg.

1 Terran built 5 starports and vikings.
1 Terran just expanded like crazy putting supply depots and turrets everywhere.
1 of the Terrans killed the Toss pretty quick.

They did come at me with a decent force. I had my ramp blocked with ranged units and they just ran away.

Game only lasted long enough for 3 of my drones to deplete 2500gas. Not sure how long that takes.

which is better and harder compared to v5.1??

PreTenD

Out of curiosity why is this release smaller than 5.1? even smaller than 4.0 infact. I am not certain it matters but I would figure more coding = larger file.
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Mangala

Well first I went 4FFA and I think they were attacking each other too much becuz by the time I attacked the one left standing I rolled him easily. I was worried this version wasn't that much better, maybe worse.

Then I tried 1v1 (ZvZ) for the first time. This thing is ridiculous! It wouldn't let me leave my base at all! I have never seen a 24/7 rush like this. I tried to build sunken colonies toward my natural expo to fend off the constant rushes and I made it, but eventually I think he crazily expanded (I couldn't see, I was stuck) and there were just too many units one wave and I lost.

He never once went air, not sure if that was intended.

But this thing is definitely IMPROVED! THANKS MAN!

WeezyFD

Just finish TvT, i use reapers to harass ai and he got completely owned by me, i destroyed his cc in the early game, and i finish the game like 10 marines and maraders. can't really tell it's more difficult. got do more test.

turdburgler

Quote from: PreTenD on March 01, 2010, 10:24:37 PM
Out of curiosity why is this release smaller than 5.1? even smaller than 4.0 infact. I am not certain it matters but I would figure more coding = larger file.

I started from a fresh Base.sc2data file.

I think every time you package with mpqeditor it gets bigger :-/

PreTenD

Ah, Makes sense I guess. Starting fresh though, sounds like a lot of work lol.
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

pondloso

can you guy put another link for no cheating AI.Because i got broken file download .I try alot but same .Thank you :)

Tehfury696

Just played a PvT 1v1. and the protoss seem about the same. They first charge with their big mass of zealots/immortals/stalkers then the games over. they are pretty much easy pickings after that. But one thing i noticed in the v4 was when i first made BCs in a TVT. they countered with vikings and kept them just outa range of my BCs and they didnt get shot once. Pretty sweet ai on that part. better than anything else blizzard has come up with themselves previous. good work :D

I'm going to update this list whenever i notice something noteworthy:

• Just noticed in the TvP i had, they expanded to the high yield for the first time.
  • Protoss AI dont use warpgates. which is why they are so easy after the first rush. This (for my situations) is definitely the reason the protoss is so easy to crush. they just get purely out produced.
  • Protoss AI doesnt reuse old tier units. Once it gets high tier archons and carriers thats all it builds.
  • Just tried this with all the races vs all the other races. you can just spam your t1 first unit the entire game and win. 2 hatchery/2queen ling rush. 4 warpgate zealot. and 4 reactor barracks marine. all easy mass no-brain wins. :| dono if that helps at all but it would be nice if it were smart enough to not allow you to win that easy.

Sniperleader

Just played 3 games of PVT (me being protoss) just wiped the floor. My first time touching Protoss for awhile. Seem to concerned with pulling their forces back than actually building up a good enough force to beat me. A complete push over imo. Great work though!

shtdisturbance

I was playing ZvP quite a bit now and i have noticed that the protoss gets way to many pylons before they are needed witch slows them down a lot. They also need to use more then just zealot, stalker, immortal. One more thing is that they don't have a counter to muta really.

Thanks so much for your work, i have been waiting for this game for so many years =).

Xero852

Could you post a complete change log? Or include it in a future release?