StarCrack AI Official Feedback Thread (V5.5)

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chikopaws

LOL

I just about to try to beat ai 5.5 cheating version and turd has posted there will be v6 soon

chikopaws

Finally!! I can beat v5.5 AI cheating version using zerg, terran, protoss.....

with zerg,, I think the best way to counter any  AI's first wave is with banelings..

and for the first time ever I met AI destroy a destructible rock to get high yield mineralss
(I played in blistering sands...)

exillion

At first i was getting owned by all forces as i was terran everytime - my class. But now i pretty much win all games, 1v1, 4v4 haven't tried the new maps yet.

Each game i do protoss and zerg sends waves and waves of forces to me but by the time they come i've got two tank in siege mode, 10 marines and 1 maruader and a SCV when needed, and this just demolishes the enemy constantly, but later on in the game they have like all bases pretty much i mostly always have two, as i was saying later in the game they have big enough forces to destroy my defense, but they don't, and i'm not worried about my defense because my two tank in siege mode, 10 marines and 1 maruader and a SCV just destroying all of em wave after wave. Leaving me to expand alot and win by Banshees and Vikings fully upgraded.

However though i've just had a TvT, that was toughest and hardest battle i've had so far, because i've two bases they had rest this was on Scrapstation, and they kept on pressuring me but i was building up my army of Banshees and Viking's. The enemy terran was building thor's had like 6 starports and kept constantly attacking me with viking and thors and tanks, absolutely owning my defences somehow i kept defending and still was building up my army, then the enemey did a sneaky attack, coming around from the back attacking by air, this time i got frustrated, got my army and won.

Overall Terran are hardest for me to defeat, then protoss then zerg.

The AI's needs to learn how to counter our forces making the game more challenging and more stragetical for us.

manfredmustermann

could you please make the AI better in the Late Game? I mean seriously, once you have the upperhand the AI always tries to attack you, "sees" that you have the superiour army, retreats and loose always 10-20% of their army. So once you have a food count of about 120 or bigger, the AI will never have a chance, even if i dont attack and go to the toilet, the AI will never have a big army.

It would be nice to have a AI that will, if let it, max out (like getting 200/200 Food or close to).

Plus, PLEASE, let the AI make Upgrades. Because once again, the longer the Match goes, the weaker the AI will get, because one of the small army size in Late Game AND two because it will always have 0-0 Upgrades, which sucks against my 3-3 120+ Food Army.

chetjan

i agree with manfredmustermann but reading the V6 it seem you guys have had that planned :)

XLink

Only problems with AI I have encountered thus far are as follows:

While playing Terran, if you seal off your entrance and put defenses behind the supply depots, the enemy zerg will keep sending units to your doorstep to get owned. Eventually allowing you to leave your base and wreck face.

Also, when AI is building expansion on an ecen match, they will keep building it instead of cancelling when my units raid it. This is mad money loss for PC. These are my 2 cents for now.

deejaydeekay

Hi! you did a good work on ai. For example, i was impressed by protoss sometimes rushing to make a stargate and doing an air unit to try to screw me.
The problems i've found are :
- Making a maze at my entrance and putting a long range unit on top floor and the ai keep coming and running back, if you can fix this, it would be good ;)
- As others mentionned, ai don't really defend his expansions, but the effort he's doing to get as much expansion as possible is good, it's quite better than SC1 ai that probably never get more than 2 expansions.

Hope it helps you :)