Advanced Melee AI 2(AMAI)

Started by Zalamander, March 04, 2010, 04:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zalamander

AMAI2 v0.01 Released.
http://www.filefront.com/15733535/AMAI2_0.01.zip/

First simply prototype version, only contains a simple build for each race right now.

from readme:
Designer: Zalamander
Coder: AiAndy

v 0.01 (none cheating)

Experimental first release:
- Simple early mid game builds for all races.
- Enhanced harassment groups.

Next versions plans:
- Better harassment.
- Multiple builds based to counter enemy tactic.
- Better resource/expansion handling.

AMAI2 will have the same goal as our original AMAI for WarCraft 3.
To make an as challenging and unpredictable opponent as possible while remaining as fun as possible to play with and against.

This first version use the state system but enhanced with custom state switches no timer. Future version is going to have many different states to counter different strategies and do state switching based on enemy intell.

Reference:
Original AMAI for War3: http://www.hornes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/AMAI/

Artanis186

Not gonna test it right now, I'll do so when it makes a little more progress. But I wish you luck, you got quite some competition ahead of you.

ooni

Quote from: Zalamander on March 04, 2010, 04:07:31 AM
AMAI2 v0.01 Released.
http://www.filefront.com/15733535/AMAI2_0.01.zip/

First simply prototype version, only contains a simple build for each race right now.

from readme:
Designer: Zalamander
Coder: AiAndy

v 0.01 (none cheating)

Experimental first release:
- Simple early mid game builds for all races.
- Enhanced harassment groups.

Next versions plans:
- Better harassment.
- Multiple builds based to counter enemy tactic.
- Better resource/expansion handling.

AMAI2 will have the same goal as our original AMAI for WarCraft 3.
To make an as challenging and unpredictable opponent as possible while remaining as fun as possible to play with and against.

This first version use the state system but enhanced with custom state switches no timer. Future version is going to have many different states to counter different strategies and do state switching based on enemy intell.

Reference:
Original AMAI for War3: http://www.hornes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/AMAI/

But... AMAI wasn't that good in wc3 T__T

step in the right direction though.

Zalamander

Quote from: ooni on March 04, 2010, 04:30:47 AM
But... AMAI wasn't that good in wc3 T__T

step in the right direction though.

Well it was better than any alternative and let me present you the reason it wasnt good... Tada! Blizzard hardcoded natives full of bugs.

It was basically impossible to create a challenging AI for War3 not only becuse of these bugs but also becuse of the gameplay with so much roleplaying elementas, handing heroes and do creeping.

How hard it's possible to make an AI in Starcraft 2 only time will tell but I can already say now, it has much better potential than the War3 code had plus the simpler gameplay(Build units, kill your enemy) makes it much easier. No creeps, no heroes.

chetjan

pretty good, expecially for a prototype

pixartist

this is definitely worth a game

Organized_Chaos

I've played against this AI for a few games now, and as far as I can tell, EVERY race is better than any other AI I've tried, including Turd's.  Somehow the AI's unit micro seems better than any other AI too...

Also, the harassment is great - Terran used reapers to sneak into the back of my base and AT THE SAME TIME had banshees harassing my expansion, continually.

So this AI is VERY promising - the very first revision is already better than almost all of the other AIs out there.

Kudos guys.   ;)

tanknology

Hey can you please uploaded to another site? Filefront just won't work for me.
Thanks!

Kernel64

This AI is great, as with wc3's AMAI.

Anyway, patch 3 has had changes within the base.sc2data file. I had AMAI2's base.sc2data while updating. Would you mind uploading a clean patch#3 base.sc2data?

I get a crash when trying to watch a vs. AMAI2 replay, and the updated data as listed in the latest patch notes is not there when playing vs. AMAI2.

Thanks in advance.

Kingdom

Love the early game, though they are quite basic rushes (Marine/roach/zealot), but the AI simply doesn't seem to know where to go after that.

It tried to harass me with stalkers etc, but simply didn't know what units to get (Kept going zealots vs Banshees). Should be great in the long run, keep at it!

Zalamander

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

We are working hard on a complete remake of the AI system to fit our AMAI design ideas but I think that framework will be finished today and I will start adding a few different tactics.
So hopefully a AMAI2 0.2x within 2-3 days.

bcboncs

The best AI that I faced already was Zerg from the Chinese x5 AI from LazyLauncher 2.0. Roaches, Lings, Hydra, Muta within the first 5 minutes. I saved the replay after I won and held 3-4 massive attacks containing these unit combinations, but after that 3rd or 4th attack, it didn't know what to do.

Is this AMAI2 going to be supportive of all races for AI? I've just been downloading so many AI, files, etc. since the beta and I eventually had to uninstall because I kept spawning two units of everything and even buildings... starting with 2 Nexus, Nexii?

Thank you!

pixartist

Quote from: bcboncs on March 06, 2010, 09:00:51 AM
The best AI that I faced already was Zerg from the Chinese x5 AI from LazyLauncher 2.0. Roaches, Lings, Hydra, Muta within the first 5 minutes. I saved the replay after I won and held 3-4 massive attacks containing these unit combinations, but after that 3rd or 4th attack, it didn't know what to do.

Is this AMAI2 going to be supportive of all races for AI? I've just been downloading so many AI, files, etc. since the beta and I eventually had to uninstall because I kept spawning two units of everything and even buildings... starting with 2 Nexus, Nexii?

Thank you!
mass cheated units != good AI

barabaka

Signed up to thank you guys for a great work! Played AMAI after starcrack 6.0 and I feel it's harder than starcrack's. I got 2 times beaten with ZvT, AI playing terran is really stunning, attacked me with bunch or marines so early I was totally embarassed, then went with reaper from the back of the base and banshee!!! ???  That killed me momentarilly I had actually no anti-air units but a queen. The micro seems nice as well, when stalkers flee from zealots they try to stop and attack for a while. That is great!
Managed to win the 3rd time only when set the "slow" mode ion options and built 2 spore colonies to defend the first rush.

Keep up good work!

brutester

This AI looks very promising :)

The only annoing problem is with unit managment.
1. For the moment you should disable the RunScared flag in MeleeAI.galaxy
2. Zerg units attack on groups depending on speed. This AI doesn't regroup before attacking.
3. Upgrades, upgrades, upgrades :) You should add some functions to do the armor and damage upgrades.

Still a very good initial release.