Advanced Melee AI 2(AMAI)

Started by Zalamander, March 04, 2010, 04:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zumar

I have a question about cheating/non-cheating AI.
You wrote "none cheating", but in MeleeAI.galaxy I see following:

if (true) {       
        if (PlayerDifficulty(player) >= c_skirCheater) {
            AIHarvestBonus(player, 2.0);
            AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffNormalVision, false);
            AISetDifficulty(player, c_diffLimitAPM, false);
        }

I'm not AI coder, but I suspect that AIHarvestBonus(player, 2.0) is needed to increase resource harvest rate. So, please, tell, what is this code doing in the none cheating AI?
In non-cheating Starcrack AI I did not find such command.

Doix

That code is in the default AI... Read the ifs, if (PlayerDifficulty(player) >= c_skirCheater), PlayerDifficulty depends on the APM, in this AI the APM is 400, which would make the difficulty less than c_skirCheater and that code would never run.

zumar

kme

This AI is actually quite good. It keeps constant pressure, and you have to def constantly form its harass. While it's not perfect, too me, games are more fun against it then with other available AI atm.

The biggest problem with it right now I would say is that it doesn't use the advantage of harass to take more expos. If it took third expansion it would have enough money to not lose in the later game. Anyway this AI is the step in right direction IMO.

Organized_Chaos

Looking forward to the next release! 

Again, great job for 1st revision..  ;)

ganjaman71

I only played a few games with it but i like it , its alot harder and the cpu even wins sometimes , keep up the good work!

barabaka

Thanks again for great script! Its harass is the best comparing to other AI. I'd like to give some suggestions to improve AI:

- repair cc
- improve stalker flee from zergling  (sometimes when surrounded by zerglings stalker don't even fire back at them, just stays)
- handle destructible rocks on blistering sands (when main entrance is blocked with cannons)
- handle voidray rush; PvZ is easy to win on blistering sands: block main entrance and 3voidrays on hatch
- sometimes AI kills all units on exp and then goes back without destroying hatch
- create exp while harassing
- improve reaper harass, it's cool now but can be better i.e. fire nexus/probes instead of pylon

mek

This is a seriously good AI, it pulls off some great harassment and actually forces you to play smart or get owned.

escudero

I played 2 games which both ended pretty much the same. The early game is really good. He keeps sendings waves of units and 1 game even broke my defence and came in. after that he gets some roaches and like 5 hydras and 5 mutas, and i just massed some hydra and took em all out. If you could drastically remake the mid/late game this will be an amazing AI. Great job either way.

kme

emylgoth

With harvest ratio 5, this AI is extremely entertaining (to me). You need to be careful all the time. The harassment for this AI is gorgeous (especially on T and Z). I wish you'll continue this project...

Zalamander

You dont have to worry about AMAIs development its just that we dont have as goal to be a beta AI here but rather the best AI for the game when its released but will release some newere versions here after just solving a few small problems now. Today most likely.

ranger101

Quote from: Zalamander on March 16, 2010, 01:30:29 AM
You dont have to worry about AMAIs development its just that we dont have as goal to be a beta AI here but rather the best AI for the game when its released but will release some newere versions here after just solving a few small problems now. Today most likely.

woo~the new version released today?!
looking forward~