Having unusual loading time problems and bad FPS,

Started by calant, March 04, 2010, 01:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calant

Hi, i've been playing the crack since the sandbox was released, and haven't had this problem, almost constant 45+ fps on high and a couple ultras. So here's the problem.

Everytime i load the game with LazyLauncher my loading times are extremely long, and when i do get in game the fps is 1-3. I have discovered that if i download a new copy of lazylauncher that the loading times are quicker and if i get in game the FPS is perfectly fine, but it crashes soon after. A couple times i've gotten the official blizzard crash box asking if i want to send the error to them.

But most of the time it just closes and nothing else. I'm currently also having no other fps problems in other games, WoW included.

Specs here anyway.

9800 GT
Q9300
3gigs of ram

Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried to reinstall SC2 and it runs fine in the menu, no fps problems or loading problems. Only when i run lazylauncher.

gg.sc2

A friend of mine had a similar issue. He had the problem, couldn't fix it. Funny thing was he got fed up with it, turned off the comp, and the next morning ran SC2 again and it was fine.

calant

well i'll definitely try that lol. I booted into vista and it's running perfectly fine, so it appears to be something wrong with my windows 7. If anyone know what could cause this, would be awesome.

gg.sc2

Are you running 64 bit version OS? I have Win7 64-bit and I'm not having any problems, but SC2 "IS" a 32-bit process. Maybe you're having some software compatibility problems.

calant

Yep, my Windows 7 is 64 bit while my Vista is 32 bit. Though I'm not sure why it would suddenly stop being compatible with the 64, since i've been playing on it since sandbox was released.

chetjan

Hmm that is a very unusual problem. Sorry i don't have an answer. Wish I could help you.

gg.sc2

Ok, I've realized that your problem could be within your Battle.net folder in Documents and Settings > User > AppData > Local > Blizzard Entertainment. Before doing anything, make a copy of your Cache folder in the Battle.net folder so you don't lose your stuff.

I was overclocking my GPU and errored out in SC2 (tried to go beyond its processing capabilities) and ever since that, I had the same problems you did after launching SC2. Low fps. Crashing with the Blizz box asking me to send a report.

To diagnose, I reinstalled, which did not work. So I realized it couldn't be the SC2 directory causing problems, so I went straight to deleting the Battle.net folder in doc and settings, booted up SC2, which loaded into the login screen and crashed. I restarted SC2 again, and voila, everything turned to normal again. The Battle.net folder was replaced automatically.

After doing so, just put your Cache folder back into the new Battle.net folder, replace whatever it asks you to, and then you should be good to go again. At least, it worked for me.

calant

Quote from: gg.sc2 on March 04, 2010, 09:58:01 PM
Ok, I've realized that your problem could be within your Battle.net folder in Documents and Settings > User > AppData > Local > Blizzard Entertainment. Before doing anything, make a copy of your Cache folder in the Battle.net folder so you don't lose your stuff.

I was overclocking my GPU and errored out in SC2 (tried to go beyond its processing capabilities) and ever since that, I had the same problems you did after launching SC2. Low fps. Crashing with the Blizz box asking me to send a report.

To diagnose, I reinstalled, which did not work. So I realized it couldn't be the SC2 directory causing problems, so I went straight to deleting the Battle.net folder in doc and settings, booted up SC2, which loaded into the login screen and crashed. I restarted SC2 again, and voila, everything turned to normal again. The Battle.net folder was replaced automatically.

After doing so, just put your Cache folder back into the new Battle.net folder, replace whatever it asks you to, and then you should be good to go again. At least, it worked for me.

You are the man. This fixed it, thank you so much. You'll never know how much i appreciate your response. This response should be put into the FAQ.

Dude, thanks.

Also since you said you went over it's processing capabilities, i think i might have as well, i kept sc2 minimized over night on accident, that might have caused it.