Use your illusion custom map

Started by paranoid, March 05, 2010, 03:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paranoid

Has anyone managed to beat this custom map?:
http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/maps/view/131505/use-your-illusion

It starts as a normal FFA game (because there doesn't seem to be any other way of starting it), and after a while a huge multiracial force of Ultralisks, Thors, Motherships (yes, more than one), phoenixes, etc starts eliminating all PC players and yourself.

In the center of the map, there's a huge mass of medivacs healing the army from time to time.

Only way I currently see of beating it, is destroying the player 2 buildings as quickly as possible, because the forces seem to belong to player 2.
Haven't tried it again yet tough.

There isn't enough time to build sufficient forces to destroy the army, unless I'm too slow.
Rush nukes maybe, but even that might take too much time.
And it destroyed one of my observers, so it might even have observers in there. :/

edit:
Mmh, or the use your illusion replay technique...  ::)

dimaka

1.run quickly to get all the map occupied and gather minerals...
2.lots of ghosts&nukes
????
PROFIT ;D

paranoid

I did it another way:
Took zerg. Located the base of player 2.
Built lots of zerglings (rallied them outside my base in a hidden spot) and another base. Posted units at the watch towers.
Once I saw him arriving with his huge army, I raced to his base with all zerglings and destroyed it (He only had 2 pylons and a nexus).
:)

This worked well with only one AI (i.e. only player 2).

With 3 AIs, I had more difficulties because they kept harrassing me. That's probably why I also couldn't take all bases like you did.
But I'll try.
Nuking a whole active army should be more fun then destroying just a few buildings. :)

The observers are only at the center of the map and seem to stay there, so cloaked ghosts should work indeed.
Army consists of:
-Phoenixes
-Mutalisks
-Medivacs
-Motherships
-Battlecruisers
-Ultralisks
-Thors
-Banelings

dimaka

btw 24+ carriers w/full upgrades & mothership also kick some asses))
and you can't be killed by ultralisks))
being invisible under the mothership also rullz ;D