Fiery and Some Effects gone!?

Started by blood_hound, March 05, 2010, 12:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blood_hound

this was after the latest patch this month (patch 3) and something went wrong.. on every single fire of my terran units, or uplifting (anything related to fire effect) burning units or reaper's booster and scvs.. it's nothing :( also at the same time some blood and goo effects were missing on zerg but it's hardly noticeable, protoss build effect also change (it doesn't have digital building block it's like really WARPING the building in :(

i have some screenies but it's only for terran :(

here they are:

check the Reaper and the Siege Tanks that are shooting, the Fire Effect and the Blast Effect aren't there :(

these are taken last wednesday, before the patch today :(
see the fires on the SCV booster..

look at the hellion's fire, the burning drones and the shooting thors, they lack the fire effect.. anyone else experiencing this? :(

the Humans are not EXTINCT!!!

Gamewiz

Very strange.... I played last night after the patch (I played Terran), and I didn't have this happen to me. Have you tried a reinstall? Maybe something got corrupted...

blood_hound

what's your game settings? :( can't try that just yet.. :(

Gamewiz

Quote from: blood_hound on March 05, 2010, 12:25:37 PM
what's your game settings? :( can't try that just yet.. :(

Everything maxed out.

blood_hound

oh crap.. that patched made the game lose the effects :( they made it go with ultra settings.. on high there are lots removed -_- the hell.. also the game still crashes like a jerk :(

Gamewiz

Quote from: blood_hound on March 05, 2010, 12:51:57 PM
oh crap.. that patched made the game lose the effects :( they made it go with ultra settings.. on high there are lots removed -_- the hell.. also the game still crashes like a jerk :(

That sucks man. Sorry that happened. You comp can't handle ultra?

blood_hound

well it can go with all ultra settings but that's the point where the game will suddenly crash randomly.. i guess they went fixing that where the FX are now set to ultra :( i just tried that last night -_-