StarCrack AI Official v6.0 preview discussion

Started by turdburgler, March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devinmorris

All of Canada is waiting for AI6.0, ETA?   I talked to Jeff from Canada this morning and he wants to pass on his thanks for AI5.5 and lower.

Keep up the good work.
AI6.0 > hockey?
ETA?

cyricc

ETA: Whenever.

Seriously, get a grip, chill, its okay, if it never comes out, its still okay, I'm just saying, please stop spamming asking for ETAs to something that takes time to make.

orbb24

Quote from: cyricc on March 04, 2010, 08:52:07 PM
ETA: Whenever.

Seriously, get a grip, chill, its okay, if it never comes out, its still okay, I'm just saying, please stop spamming asking for ETAs to something that takes time to make.
ETA for v6.0?

deeptii

i beat 5.5 with AI cheating on easily... pls help!

chikopaws

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 3 (version 0.5.0.14219B)Balance Changes

• TERRAN

• Engineering Bay

• Infantry Armor: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Infantry Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
    • Armory

• Vehicle Plating: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Vehicle Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Ship Plating: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
      • Ship Weapons: The time required for each upgrade has been reduced by 30 seconds, decreasing each upgrade time from 190/220/250 seconds to 160/190/220 seconds.
  • PROTOSS

•       
    • Zealot

•          
      • The maximum shield capacity of this unit has been decreased from 60 to 50.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the Infestor's Neural Parasite ability could cause Reapers to lose the ability to move.
  • Fixed an issue that could use an incorrect HDR format on some ATI cards.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen on some ATI cards.

should we update???

jenkinsdjtg

Can somone upload the patch? because i cant install it on mine.

also is ai v6 done?

chikopaws

Quote from: jenkinsdjtg on March 05, 2010, 12:52:41 AM
Can somone upload the patch? because i cant install it on mine.

also is ai v6 done?

why you cant install it??

and what file shoud I upload??  ::)

Nakeddan

Quote from: deeptii on March 04, 2010, 11:51:05 PM
i beat 5.5 with AI cheating on easily... pls help!

Lets see you CC rush that cheater verison...

e2e

Quote from: turdburgler on March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Version 6.0 is an almost complete re-write of the blizzard state system as well as the mid and late game for StarCrack AI. This means, we're able to easily write multiple build orders for the various races and control the progression with "triggers" rather than time. On top of this, AI resource code has got a huge overhaul. He now hits the saturation point on all of his towns for both mineral and gas. He can handle is own supplies and defences for all towns. This means we've dropped all the blizzard code for handling this stuff, which is awesome because it sucked. I think I've dropped 100 - 200 lines of blizzard code in this version, all replaced with our custom stuff.

cause when 1st time play v5.5, 1st time i lost on AI T.T, since there is lot script has been change, i will expect fight the AI is like fighting a human... but of course i'm challange the file which is no cheat =D

programm

Say what you want, AI 5.5 non cheating was very stupid. Even the author should admit it - it goes back and forth while you shoot him, he should either fukcing attack till his units die at you but cause you damage or go back and come when he gets 150 limit. He should attack from behind (ok he makes sneaky attacks nice), he should harass workers and build mutalisks and harass workers nto stay at mass Zerglings and Raoches and walk back and forth. If you disagree then you suck.

jenkinsdjtg

Quote from: programm on March 05, 2010, 04:21:08 AM
Say what you want, AI 5.5 non cheating was very stupid. Even the author should admit it - it goes back and forth while you shoot him, he should either fukcing attack till his units die at you but cause you damage or go back and come when he gets 150 limit. He should attack from behind (ok he makes sneaky attacks nice), he should harass workers and build mutalisks and harass workers nto stay at mass Zerglings and Raoches and walk back and forth. If you disagree then you suck.

I Disagree.

cyricc

Quote from: jenkinsdjtg on March 05, 2010, 04:44:11 AM

I Disagree.

LAWL @jenkinsdjtg, @programm you post this after the author did admit that the AI had problems, and you also post it as if you have some skill in coding AI. Lets see your work, I wanna see that AI you built with the "mutalisk worker harrassing".

krutoistudent

Quote from: cyricc on March 05, 2010, 05:25:21 AM

I Disagree.

LAWL @jenkinsdjtg, @programm you post this after the author did admit that the AI had problems, and you also post it as if you have some skill in coding AI. Lets see your work, I wanna see that AI you built with the "mutalisk worker harrassing".
what is that for a stupid comment? what has your own ai coding skill todo with your opinion of the strenth of the current ai?
5.5 cheated ai + chinas mode is pretty good and fun ai, but 5.5 ai alone is crap (but since alot new player here around, its still good for them)

just hope the big hype in the preview post of the new 6.0 ai will met my expectations and the cheated version will be as challenging as 5.5 cheated ai + chines guy mode (macrowise as close as possible)

Bobosmrade

Quote from: krutoistudent on March 05, 2010, 05:49:01 AM
Quote from: cyricc on March 05, 2010, 05:25:21 AM

I Disagree.

what is that for a stupid comment? what has your own ai coding skill todo with your opinion of the strenth of the current ai?
5.5 cheated ai + chinas mode is pretty good and fun ai, but 5.5 ai alone is crap (but since alot new player here around, its still good for them)

just hope the big hype in the preview post of the new 6.0 ai will met my expectations and the cheated version will be as challenging as 5.5 cheated ai + chines guy mode (macrowise as close as possible)

Well we all know 5.5 is not good AI, but what did u expect, in few days u cant make good AI. I can only say, good work so far guys, i know at the end AI will be awesome!