StarCrack AI Official v6.0 preview discussion

Started by turdburgler, March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wc3ard

By the way, i think i saw a sc2 "mod" somewhere on the web, that lets you be a observer after defeat. Anyone know's where to download that?

It would help, if i want to see how the ai's play, so i can rate the mod more accurate.

Swarmling

wooooot 2 thumps up for the big boys!!!!!!!.....

6.0 will be so much more fun and now i can really test my skill by the sounds of it i just hope the AI micro wont run by your army if its trap and your army size is bigger and also terrain dont repair be nice if they did cause i baeling rushed the command center it had like 150-200hp left and i was making more units at my base then the AI said gg and hes command center blow up....lol but V5,5 is still really fun to play with thnxs for your hard work///   cant wait to try 6.0 Thnxs

paco

I tried 5.0/5.1 hardest cpu mods but it's not a big deal to beat any comp.
If you are with terran and simply lock your base down with supplys the AI often retreats even before it could destroy 1 layer of the wall.
If you are with toss and make DTs the ai usually blows the scans from 1 CC and then it gets fucked because does not make detectors.
All the old tank drops still working, its really rare that the AI would send anything against the tanks.
If the comp has fuckloads of units and attacks you but you attack his base in the meantime it will pull back all the troops. If you drop tanks, other units then pick them up again the AI won't even try to get your dropships just goes back to normal.

matrixn

tuche`: "Unless you mean defend your base and just send out 3 void rays."

I wanted to see what is capable of w-ray and.. for my surprise.. i killed everything with only fuckin 3 wrays :D :D 

ultmateq

Thanks for your work on this guys. I have been using Starcrack since v3. I will give you some feedback when I play against V6.

Again, thank you so much for this guys.

r3ddrag0nx

awesome news!

now having said that, i hope that you've gotten the time to address the micro of the units (ie. the scout/army moving back and forth when they see the t1 units/stronger army).

i hope that the new early/mid/late BO's will be able to mesh well together. again, i believe the early bo's are highly important so it is best to just implement std efficient opens (so we can't overrun with our 1st wave vs AI. coupled with an efficient open and decent micro, they may be able to withstand the 1st rush which would be a DEFINITE milestone) and add some variable techs (ie. immortals, banshees, etc). the bo's should be cohesive enough and implement good unit mixes rather than random. i'd love to have a.i. that could counter our unit mix (probably hard to implement).

another thing to implement is the use of warp gates, phase prisms, proxies, nydus worms, burrowed roaches/infestors, medivac+thor drops, etc. as a.i. improves (some may already be implemented? ive yet to see anything technically astute abt the a.i. as i've never been past 12-15 mins, however, blink micro is awesome!).

i believe the current a.i. don't employ overseers or at least dont micro them well? observers are pretty key too and as a.i. gets better, perhaps that can be one element to aid a.i. in countering our unit mixes (ie. we have too many roaches so comp makes immortals, etc).

the cheating a.i. should be adjustable, b/cuz strats that distrupt mineral lines are vastly undermined.

w/ total saturation, will a.i. be able to keep up macro-wise? i suppose the easiest way to good a.i. are improvements to macro. that way at least they have the unit count and can rely on the chokes to hold ground. if they learned to wall w/ T that would be gosu if that were somehow available (map dependant).

btw, if a.i. can repair structures as stated above, that would be key. also the use of the chrono boost, mule, inject larvae, as well as the non-traditional macro skills that each race possess (ie. the structure heal and creep tumor from zerg, etc). again, may have been implemented, but just want to help a.i. macro-wise.

GrizzlyAdam

First of all, thanks for all the work you guys have done. We all really appreciate it. I'm really looking forward to version 6.0, especially if the AI starts defending its expansions lol.
Also, will there be a way (eventually) to save replays of the matches against the AI? I really suck against the AI, because the early game push is very hard (for me) to defend, and I'd like to see what the AI is doing to get so many units so early in the game. Seriously, if I'm playing ZvP and I 6pool, by the time my first lings get to his main the computer has like 3 zealots waiting for me. If I don't go 9pool every game I get overrun so quickly ;_;

BoBoStariaN

Jeus christ, i don't wanna discuss, so, stfu, i just wanna say thank you to yall ;)

RoarMan

v6.0 sounds very uber! Ily Turdburgler, I can't wait.
The Love Machine.

Swarmling

Quote from: GrizzlyAdam on March 03, 2010, 10:45:29 PM
First of all, thanks for all the work you guys have done. We all really appreciate it. I'm really looking forward to version 6.0, especially if the AI starts defending its expansions lol.
Also, will there be a way (eventually) to save replays of the matches against the AI? I really suck against the AI, because the early game push is very hard (for me) to defend, and I'd like to see what the AI is doing to get so many units so early in the game. Seriously, if I'm playing ZvP and I 6pool, by the time my first lings get to his main the computer has like 3 zealots waiting for me. If I don't go 9pool every game I get overrun so quickly ;_;
i dont know about u but i can watch replays of my fights just open starcraft 2 beta and click recent replays and thous are all your 1v1 matchs....

GrizzlyAdam

Really? Dang. Mine aren't there. I guess I need to do a clean install of the game. I'm still using all the original replay cracks and whatnot from before sandbox mode was released. Thanks for telling me though :)

Nerdy777

now SIR TURD is threatening...wooo cant wait for the new AI..to get my hands on..

thanks sir for the work you are sharing with us

Swarmling

glade to help i wish i knew how i did it or i could tell u step by step but it just works for me i didnt notthing to make it work that way just saves my replays after i kill my AI click return to starcraft menu maybe that will save your replay  if not i tryed...

Nesreca

Thank you for your hard work, Turd. I am really looking forward to this challenge! Keep it up! Words can't fully express my appreciation!

Edit: So excited I almost forgot how to type!

twiggy