StarCrack AI Official v6.0 preview discussion

Started by turdburgler, March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamewiz

Quote from: DarkArchon on March 05, 2010, 04:53:21 PM
It would be fun if guys from blizzard would use your AI, or scripts from your AI :) you should post scripts somewhere where they will be safe. (you know, Gnu license etc :P

I very highly doubt it. While turd and others have made great progress in such little time, I can absolutely guarentee Blizzard's AI is vastly superior than these. They have years to work on the AI, as opposed to one week.

iounas

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 05, 2010, 04:57:00 PM
Quote from: DarkArchon on March 05, 2010, 04:53:21 PM
It would be fun if guys from blizzard would use your AI, or scripts from your AI :) you should post scripts somewhere where they will be safe. (you know, Gnu license etc :P

I very highly doubt it. While turd and others have made great progress in such little time, I can absolutely guarentee Blizzard's AI is vastly superior than these. They have years to work on the AI, as opposed to one week.
Yeah I heard that you get a feel that you play a human

sublime

the fact that the AI scripting language is so open gives me a lot of hope for future development. i think eventually users will be able to make nearly unbeatable AI's that don't cheat at all. Sometimes the world's best chess players have been challenged by playing against a computer AI. I wonder if there will be scripts so advanced that pros will have serious difficulty beating them.

iounas

Quote from: sublime on March 05, 2010, 05:02:42 PM
the fact that the AI scripting language is so open gives me a lot of hope for future development. i think eventually users will be able to make nearly unbeatable AI's that don't cheat at all. Sometimes the world's best chess players have been challenged by playing against a computer AI. I wonder if there will be scripts so advanced that pros will have serious difficulty beating them.
could be since it can micro every unit at the same time and macro..
Imagine battle with stalkers where every stalker blinks independently and at the same time attacking 3 of your expansions at the same time

Gamewiz

Quote from: iounas on March 05, 2010, 05:11:48 PM
could be since it can micro every unit at the same time and macro..
Imagine battle with stalkers where every stalker blinks independently and at the same time attacking 3 of your expansions at the same time

We're doomed... The computers are taking over!!!  ??? ??? ??? ???

creamsoda

I'm all for unbeatable AI. I always play games on the hardest difficulty modes, ie Street Fighter IV. The challenge makes it more fun.

devinmorris

Quote from: orbb24 on March 05, 2010, 03:58:40 PM
I believe the majority of us (including myself) only say ETA just to anger you type of people. It is funny to watch you get so angry because some random person asked ETA. We may be "trolling" for that but you are only feeding us :)

BTW... ETA?

I'm a Troll Hunter.  6.0 tonight plz.  I don't want to play WoW anymore.  ET of A?

Gamewiz

Quote from: devinmorris on March 05, 2010, 06:01:22 PM
I believe the majority of us (including myself) only say ETA just to anger you type of people. It is funny to watch you get so angry because some random person asked ETA. We may be "trolling" for that but you are only feeding us :)

BTW... ETA?

I'm a Troll Hunter.  6.0 tonight plz.  I don't want to play WoW anymore.  ET of A?

A troll can't be a troll hunter... you cannibal.

But I agree, I hope it comes within the next couple of hours, because I really want to play against a harder AI tonight... I'm getting bored against the ones we have now, as they are not any challenge to me.

What would be really sweet is if they can get an emu bnet server up tonight. I usually have game nights with friends on Fridays. We are itching at getting a chance to destroy each other in SC2. :)

programm

Quote from: jenkinsdjtg on March 05, 2010, 06:50:14 AM
"If you disagree then you suck." so i disagreed.

Congrats! You suck.

No,Im not AI maker but like 1 guy said, what doesn any1s skill has to do with giving a constructive criticism how AI should be? Or are you some flammers here. Well, most seem to be retards if they do not have an idea of a harass. Maybe it isnt that easy to make but maybe the authorn can at least prevent them frm retreating just like hemaybe scripted them to do??

starscraft-2-fan

OK well i really like the A.I. its a good little challenge i cant wait to try the new version so that i may improve my abilities since all i do to win as Terran is harass the A.I.'s bases with reapers and soon enough he runs out of minerals and cant rebuild his expansions and i take out the main base with like 20 reapers but OK  ??? i would like to c what the A.I. does but i cant access the replay files it says it cant open the map file does anyone know how to fix that

starscraft-2-fan

Quote from: turdburgler on March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM
Discuss.
how do I get the replays against AI to work it gives me the error message cant open map file

kalon

I too can not watch replays it says can not find map???? :-[

Giz

Quote from: starscraft-2-fan on March 05, 2010, 07:42:17 PM
Quote from: turdburgler on March 03, 2010, 09:59:01 PM
Discuss.
how do I get the replays against AI to work it gives me the error message cant open map file

i had that problem, the solution is - the AI maps that u put into cache into folder like 00\11 and then renamed the maps to something like 0011desertoasis.

all u have to do is launch the games from that folder with those maps - it should work then

kblood

Quote from: devinmorris on March 05, 2010, 06:01:22 PM

BTW... ETA?

I'm a Troll Hunter.  6.0 tonight plz.  I don't want to play WoW anymore.  ET of A?
I can understand them getting angry when asking for an ETA straight after it was said it is done when it is done. I imagine it can be a bit frustrating making the AI from scratch or just about. Just one mistake, and the map will have no AI players at all in it.
So please... stfu. At most you are getting the people putting so much work into this annoyed and they will just take a break for a few days. I imagine they have been working quite a bit on making the last few Starcrack AI versions this last week.
Also its really annoying seeing how this preview thread gets another page and its nothing but spam. Although I do understand why you are excited about this AI :) Sure sounds awesome. Hope it will be somewhat easy to change the built orders in it, but it seemed okay to work with in the last Starcrack releases, so I guess it will be in 6.0 as well.

turdburgler

Turdburgler locking the main thread? I wonder what this means?!  :o