Can't login with username on SC2 Beta start screen

Started by Lexus86, March 06, 2010, 02:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexus86

Hi there,

I just got my Beta access tonight (seems Blizzard doesn't put keys out there, but just connects the accounts?), saw it first in the battle.net and then got an e-mail later.

I'm on eu.battle.net (Germany) and I just simply cannot login!

*edit3* removed the files out of obvious reason.
(Clarify: I mean in SC2 when executing the *.exe, not on the URL/webpage, that works!)
I do use an Ethernet DSL connection, firewall is ESET Smart Security v.4.2 and my router is AVM Fritz!Box 7270.
*edit1* I did open the ports 1119-1120 (TCP) and  6112-6119 (TCP + UDP) and did allow all SC2.exe stuff in my firewall.
*edit2* Attached a screenshot, thanks to FRAPS. :)

I did use your AI stuff before, so I uninstalled it, used CCleaner (but didn't restart) and then installed the "official" *.exe and patched it. Already then it didn't work, I restarted.

I googled around and searched through the official Blizzard/B.Net forums, didn't find ANYTHING, they always have connection problems or with password, but not with the B.Net name!
Could it be related to the "cracked" install before?

I already mailed Blizzard via their web form, obviously not mentioning the above!

I attached the DXDiag, the MSInfo, the tracerout and the Battle.Net Diagnose Tool Log (found this tool somewhere around the official forums). I only removed my name from the B.Net Diagnose log, except for that everything is original.

Btw., another question would be, could I continue to somehow use/test your AIs while gaming online on B.Net? I'm mainly into B.Net, but I might want to check out your work! :)

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Lexus86
PS: On top of all that I have the "wrong" graphics card/NVIDIA, so I got crashes until installing an old driver version of NVIDIA.
SC2 B.Net nick: LeXuS.lex

cloak123

+++ Begin connection test with Battle.net server 80.239.186.40
Creating socket...
Binding socket to any available address...
Placing socket into asynchronous mode...
Initiating connection...
Attempting to establish a connection with the server... Error! 0

is obviously the problem,
try Temporary turning off the firewall and see if it works, you may not have access to everything needed or Not All the ports needed are listed yet, i will try to research this up for ya.

Lexus86

Hi cloack123,

thanks for the hint & thanks for researching!!
Yet after totally uninstalling (I already tried deactivating it twice!) and restarting it doesn't change. :( 
I also deactivated the Microsoft Windows firewall of course.

Still I do have a strange issue with my LAN adapter which connects to the www, please see the attached screenshot!
This problem exists since ca. five days, maybe someone can help here too or detects a connection.

Nova

You have to connect with your Battle.net login, not your starcraft nickname, silly!

name@example.com

Lexus86

Oh damn. *lol*  ::)
Did even think about it, but didn't try it.
They should be more clear and ask for my e-mail, as it is primarily that and not only my nerd-battle.net login!  :D

So, thanks very much!!!  :)