Lapin's Galaxy syntax validator Tool

Started by LAPIN, March 06, 2010, 06:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdf14

Good job man.

I've made a simple GUI for your tool. Consider it a beta. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tl1yidd1zyy

LAPIN

Cool. gj on the editor. I added it to the first post.

asdf14

It's not really an editor at the moment. It simply lets you select a file to validate and lists file contents with added line numbering and validation results. I've changed it a bit, so you may want to update your link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ym5tyli2ij3

Changelog:
- Auto-validates a file on load.
- Textboxes are now read-only to avoid confusion.
- If it doesn't find Lapin.exe in current directory it prompts a user to find it's path.
- Status bar now works correctly.

My current goal is to link it to Notepad++ so you can validate any file you're working on by pressing e.g. F5, to get more VS-like feeling.

LAPIN

Gj. In your next version it would be nice to indicate the tool version number so people know if they have to update.

LAPIN

New version 0.7.0.

Adds warnings for undeclared varaibles (which can be annoying a bit?).

Adds error when calling a function with the wrong number of arguments.

Astazha

A welcome pair of improvements!  That wrong # of arguments thing has caught me several times when switching between stock and stockunitnext functions.

Astazha

Feature suggestion:
allows you to run the prog with a command line switch and the name of a function, and it would return which file and line that function definition is on?

Not really high priority as we can still search manually and after a while you get to know your way around the files pretty well, but it would be nice at times and will help later when these projects start to get bigger.

vjeux

Really great!

Just found out some bugs:
int func(void);
struct Link { int value; Link* next; };

LAPIN

Thanks for the feedback. Is void f(void) allowed? Or only void f()?

LAPIN

New version out 0.8.0. It allows you to read base scripts files to reduce the number of warnings.

If yo take time to setup your project, you should not get any false positives. So warnings about undeclared funtion/variables will actaully be helpful.

Hth,
Lapin

vjeux

This would be really nice if it could open up the mpq files and get all natives from there instead of having them extracted.

Kernel64

This is great man. Haven't mentioned that yet, but this is much appreciated.

Astazha

Seems to have trouble with this array declaration.  The code is working.

static int[c_maxPlayers][c_OM_NextMemoryIndex] omOvermindMemory;

both of the size parameters are previously defined constants.

kazibi

Nice tool!  :thumbsup:

@LAPIN
ATM I'm developing a editor for Galaxy, I'd got the syntax highlighting and code suggestions working at 100%, now it only needs to follow the language rules. Do you know where I can find info about its syntaxis?. Also, I would like to ask your permission to use your program (and its future revisions) within my editor.

kazibi.-