[For AI inclusion] Post your Build orders and Unit Compositions

Started by Kernel64, March 06, 2010, 09:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kernel64

So, A few besides the Starcraft Team could make use of build orders and unit compos, response to such build orders, where to proceed when what and when.

The idea is to post your opening BOs, what units you get, when you expand, and what conditions prompt you to do such things. Timings on when you attack using what, etc, and what you would do when facing a certain BO. Say, for example, a 7-rax reaper harass build to fast-expo, banshee.

Post your own, and they might get included in the upcoming releases of AI scripts.

The more we have stored here, the more the devs have to work with and fast. :)

Ryuzul

This is the opening BO i always use, its similar to the 9pool speedling BO from the first starcraft

10-pool(scout with 10th drone)
10-extractor
10-ovi
<stop making drones form this point on>

The pool and ovi should finish at almost the same time. You should have 3 larvae which you'll turn into zerglings. When your gas reaches 92, pull your drones as soon as it gives it's gas, as such that you'll gas will be exactly 100. by this time you should have enough minerals for either a queen or the speedling upgrade. I prefer going for the queen first then the upgrade. I would then just spam zerglings and spawn larvae skill. Haven't tried expanding or teching to lair. AI always loses when I use this BO =P.

You can also going for lair directly instead of the speedling upgrade and do some sort of muta + zergling BO, but i haven't tried that out yet =P

hahahobun

protoss

when 8th probe finished, go for pylon.
then single gateway
then some gas
go for cybernetics core immediately after gateway finished.
robotics facilities and a fast immortal rush.

defend base by using lots to block choke point

Rain[sun]

No word of a lie, copy SC1 BO's. For vs'ing AI, thats exactly what I want to look for, cause there are a shit tonne of people porting SC1 builds direct into online SC2. Except Blizz forgot how to spell Dragoon and put Stalker, etc. There are small changes obviously but, I find those builds still hold up extremely well when tweaked a bit. Ill post my pure-sc2 build once i find time to play a full game
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Seafood

The beginning is probably same for any race - as I start building 9th worker, i send one to build supply depot/pylon or spawn an overlord, then I can continue building workers fluently without hitting the limit (or hitting it for a split second). I also scout with somwhere around 10 - 13 worker - you shall see if the opponent is planning a rush by the time your worker gets there.

Then with zerg, I usually go straight for roaches, spawning only few zerglings if I have some extra larvae that just lies there. The only time I think it's worth spawning lots of zerglings from the start is when you see oponent teching fast and skipping the weakest units (almost) completly. But I still prefer to rush with roaches and maybe just a bunch of zerglings - that can be an instant win against:1. terrans that didn't go marauders, 2. protoss that didn't go stalkers 3. zergs that massed zerglings or had smaller force than you :) . If 'toss masses stalkers you need to switch to zerglings quickly.
  The continuation of this strategy againt protoss (which I found on b.net forum and never had the chance to fully test because ai is mostly dead at this point) is to continue pushing with zerglings and roaches while teching to lair and building a spire. By that point, protoss may start building immortals which are the best counter against the roaches, and should kill them quite easily with a bunch of zealots defending them. That's where you switch to mutalisks - easily killing immortals, zealots and probably winning the game for you.
  I also forgot to mention - I always send my overlord towards the enemy base in the beggining - and if the enemy turns out to be zerg or toss (you'll know by it's worker scouting on you , or by your worker if it the opponent isn't scouting in the beggining), you can scout freely with that overlord for quite som time - in protoss base until he builts cybernetics, in zerg until tier 2 (of course , watch out for cannons and spore crawlers).

Too tired to write more. :)  I hope this would be at least a little helpfull. And sorry for all the grammar mistakes.

EDIT: now I read the topic again and see that this maybe isn't exactly what you wanted ..nevermind, spent too much time writing this to delete it, there are still bits of info you may find helpfull

Kernel64

Great stuff so far guys. Mostly vague, but will still work. I'll try the details on this one, and yes, incorporate all sc1 strats.

Some of them are shifted over though, and I'm frequently watching high level sc2 play to get some ideas on what the AI should do.

Post more, I'm reading them all, no matter how long they are.

It would also make things faster if you specify what you are expecting from a human opponent as you go through your builds and strats. What race this strat is most effective, etc.

Gamewiz

Terran M&M Strat:

This is of course after scouting and determining the M&M strat to be a good counter to what they are building. Also, timing is something hard to determine. As a general rule, I do not stop pumping out SCVs, as well as keeping my barracks producing units. So I'm building things as the funds become available, roughly in the order below. Battle is fluid and learning to adjust is the key. Never follow a strategy to the letter.

-9th SCV go to entrance and build first supply depot.
-9th SCV (when finished building) send to scout enemy base.
-Immediately send an SCV to build barracks at wall.
-Soon after (once getting 100 minerals) before barracks is completed build another depot to finish wall.
-Just before barracks is done, build refinery. (make sure to send two more scvs to gather gas once completed)
-Pump a few marines until you have the money to upgrade 1st barracks with a reactor (see below)
-Build second barracks.
-Upgrade to Orbital Command.
-Lift barracks at wall and relocate, building a reactor on one, tech lab on the second. (start pumping marines out of reactor, marauders out of
-Immediately build supply depot to re-do wall.
-Build 3rd barracks w/ tech lab.
-Build factory w/ reactor. Pump out hellions.
-Research stim.

By now you should have a healthy dose of marines and marauders, with about 4-6 hellions. This is when I expand to natural, and then usual push with this force, while continuing to pump out more marines, marauders, and hellions. Build a starport soon with a reactor and pump medivacs. Also build engineering bay  somewhere in there and start researching infantry tech as well as marine shields.

Lastly, many things can change in this strat. Like building a ghost academy early on if going against protoss (emp from ghost), or pumping out reapers in the beginning for early harass, etc. It all depends on the situation and what you are facing.

osouza21

When i play protoss i always start

-8 pylon
-9 minerals
-10 gate

after that i change it up depending on my opponent and mood. Lately i've really liked using warp gates with upgraded zealots. i tend to get 8 to 10 warp gates and i build alot of warp prisms so i can always bring units in anywere on the map plus the warp gates build units faster. to go with the warp prisms i like to build warp rays to because they can hit land and air. near end game i either go with carriers or a big army of assorted ground units and a mother ship.

Kernel64

Excellent. Here's a sample format that might work. Gamewiz has hinted of this format. We see that there is a priority and a secondary one. His strategy is in ready anticipation, and works like this in concept:

The 13 Hatch (vs 7-8 Zeal):

>Once the pool is done:
     [we only make Spines if the enemy will likely send Zealots...]
          if so, 2 sunks vs 1-3 zeals must be the desired state.
          * do not make spines until our expo is done, and
          * some time have elapsed for the creep to expand, and
          * make sure the spines are at the expo

[we prioritize lings instead of drones ONLY if the enemy has more than 3 zeals]
          *do so only if we have at least 18 drones complete or in production, and
          *if we have 1 Queen.

if so, for every +1 Zeal of the basic (1 min to 3 max zeal):

add 4 lings.
                    if 5 zeals, only want 6 lings.
                    if 6 - 7 zeals, want 10 min, 12 max lings
                   *do not stock, train only when called for, and
                   *keep to the limits to avoid overspending.

Basicallythe subs are conditional. The script must prioritize getting it's 13Hatch goal, unless military is required. 13 Hatch can then proceed toLair Tech + muta.

That Lair Tech + Muta is actually another nextstate, but there are other sates, like mass ling 3rd expo. But thosehaven't been tested or considered yet.

The thing is if there were no enemies, econ is always the main goal. But threats to that make us try to find the most optimal route. And to accomplish that, we need to know the ranges of what can be done against us and respond accordingly.

If you like, you may use this format, or keep to what your comfortable with. But it will help a lot if the conditions are clear and responses are measured like the example above.