StarCrack AI Official 6.0 Feedback Thread

Started by turdburgler, March 05, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVader18

Quote from: killabyte on March 06, 2010, 12:13:31 AM
Quote from: DVader18 on March 06, 2010, 12:09:29 AM
Again, no idea how to apply AI but would really like to. Help?

i'd start by reading the damn text file inside the file you downloaded that says readme.

just did a 3 on 1, still pretty easy.  once the AI's work together it might be a challenge.

Again I did. I'm not stupid. I wouldn't ask unless I honestly had no clue

killabyte

do you know how to open my computer, and then do you know how to double click your hard drive icon to see your files and folders?

DVader18

Quote from: killabyte on March 06, 2010, 12:18:42 AM
do you know how to open my computer, and then do you know how to double click your hard drive icon to see your files and folders?

yes...

killabyte

ok then browse to your sc2 dir.  look inside starcraft ii beta and if you have a triggerlibs folder delete it.  probably your problem

killabyte

and while you're in there go into "mods" and then "liberty.sc2mod" and delete base.sc2data and extract the file you downloaded again.  but if you have a trig folder in the sc2 beta dir that's why it wasn't loading for you.

sorry for crawling your ass.  people normally tend to ask stupid shit like that just because they are lazy.

lantay77

Great job, actually am getting beat this time.

DVader18

Okay I got it. Many thanks to killabyte for the help. Sir, you are a gentlemen and a scholar. Don't worry about the ass crawling part lol. I'd do the same so I expected it to happen. Again, thanks a bunch

killabyte

np buddy.  thats what happens when we ASSume stuff.  i ASSumed you were just stupid so again, my apologies guy.

have fun with it

omerbenamram

This AI is fucking amazing. I played PvP and he used LEGIT strategy. he pwned me with void rays when i kinda stuck to zealots and immortals. I truly feel this AI has skills. 5.5 was no match for me, but this one is gonna strain my skills. Fantastic job dude.

ashdlgsagld

played TvP against ai 6.0 standard edition
the comp seemed to be building a lot of zealots and had a nicely built base, but he never attacked... after destroying his nexus he started another base but never really built up a force.  he never teched past zealot/stalker.  i sat around for a while maxing reapers to see what he'd do and ended up just sweeping through his base in about 10 seconds  :-[

tldr; comp did nothing, played dumber than 5.5

killabyte

well remember what he said about it - it will use different strategies each time (early, mid, late game stuff, etc).  just because the last game you played was easy doesn't mean they all will.  give it a few more tries before you smash it. 

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

Quote from: DVader18 on March 06, 2010, 12:16:10 AM
Quote from: ImWaitingforStarcraft3 on March 06, 2010, 12:12:01 AM
Quote from: DVader18 on March 06, 2010, 12:09:29 AM
Again, no idea how to apply AI but would really like to. Help?

THeres a README file in the download and in the OP. Which is understandable to anyone who understands english. And above the age of 5

Yes which I followed. Didn't overwrite 5.5 for some reason. Look I'm completely computer illiterate. To be honest it's nothing short of a miracle I've gotten this far. But now I am stuck, so I humbly ask for your help. Extracting to my Beta file changes nothing.

If you never installed anything but Starcrack AI then all you have to do is download whichever file you want, the standard, cheating, or easy, and extract whatever is in that .rar file into your SC2 beta install folder. Overrite and extract to /Starcraft II Beta/Mods/Liberty.SC2/ with the file you downloaded.

If you downloaded other AI's, delete those files and do the same thing.

gatix

Jak

Got better micro.....i was zvt, army vs army, comp would send a maruder or marine in front to let my banelies kill it...umm whats the word?? sacrifice? but still not fast enough my army was much bigger

but its good work tho...thank you guys...gonna play a few more games

Blake

started off with the 6.0 cheating AI, and I have to say, it seemed a bit easier than 5.5 :/ I owned it really hard, so I checked the replay afterwards(I know it was the right AI as the cheating AI 6.0 text came up when the game started) and it seemed that the AI doesn't spend resources. By the end he had about 5k m and 1k g floating.

EDIT: By doesn't spend resources I meant doesn't spend all his resources. Obviously he attacked me and build drones, buildings etc, I can include replay if you want