I love starcrack ai 6.0 except... (cheating version)

Started by neon, March 07, 2010, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neon

After fighting off any units they send at the start usually (zerglings, zealots, marines) the AI tech's up and leaves their base highly undefended where the force that was able to beat their initial wave can just walk in and win. It seems like there's a unit cap at the start and then it starts to tech because it does not start building units until they die because by the time i get to their base they usually have 3 units (from their 3 gateway/3rax build). It is especially easy when playing against zerg. this is all on the cheating version. If i don't do that it is actually quite a fun game. In 5.5 this wasn't the case as the AI would retreat with units before they were all lost although it was a sketchy back and forth thing that it did. but it wouldn't for base annihilation after their initial wave.
TY for reading. keep up the good work giving people like me the opportunity to try out sc2 before it's out.

turdburgler

This is pretty fixed in 6.1, the problem is a the mid game AI has a shit load of stuff he has to do as all of our automatic management functions kick in. I've spread those out a little depending on where he's at in terms of economy.

Give 6.1 a try :)

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/starcrack-ai-official-thread/

tykill

Quote from: turdburgler on March 07, 2010, 04:14:48 PM
This is pretty fixed in 6.1, the problem is a the mid game AI has a shit load of stuff he has to do as all of our automatic management functions kick in. I've spread those out a little depending on where he's at in terms of economy.

Give 6.1 a try :)

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/starcrack-ai-official-thread/

hard! when i want to spend some minerals on expanding another base i lack the units to counter the attack. i keep getting better though and fight them off quite long but they really tech up fast and the big units will make the difference.

way to go on the AI development btw!