Starlauncher v0.3 source code

Started by Esper, March 08, 2010, 12:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esper

It is ugly code and ugly way. :(
It needs the StormLib(http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html)  to compile.
I wish it could be of some use.

mic

gzxaaa

This is great and you're so modest. Hope the source code will help the community here get even better launcher. There's still no one other than you that achieved the team setting. Although the allied AIs are not behaving correctly, I'm sure there's a way to fix that.

lurenjia

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 08, 2010, 01:57:41 AM
This is great and you're so modest. Hope the source code will help the community here get even better launcher. There's still no one other than you that achieved the team setting. Although the allied AIs are not behaving correctly, I'm sure there's a way to fix that.
Hey, dude. Could you please not overstate the contribution of this Starlauncher?

Gamewiz

Quote from: lurenjia on March 08, 2010, 10:13:58 AM
Hey, dude. Could you please not overstate the contribution of this Starlauncher?

I agree... gzxaaa yes, it's a great little launcher with new features we were all waiting for, but it's not like this guy cured cancer.

Rosenberg

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 08, 2010, 10:23:14 AM

I agree... gzxaaa yes, it's a great little launcher with new features we were all waiting for, but it's not like this guy cured cancer.

Smells like mindless discussion is on the way, a moderator would do good to lock this topic.

This is a huge contribution, yes. Should not be taken for granted, since even the major launchers haven't achieved team selection yet. Plus, you need to remember that this launcher does not use lazylauncher (which is quite innovative, since all the other launchers uses lazylauncher).

It's just terribly offensive to snob the guy's work like the "overstate"-guy is doing, you should be thankful that a good soul is willing to share his work with the community.

Kernel64

Is it possible to edit the starting game speed? I hate to press ++ everytime.

Thanks.

gzxaaa

How I overstate the contribution of this Starlauncher? I might be a little too excited but I was talking all about FACTs. I have no other motivation than to encourage the author in getting better work in the future. But it seems some people simply envy the talented instead of doing anything useful. >:(

Gamewiz

Quote from: gzxaaa on March 08, 2010, 12:25:59 PM

How I overstate the contribution of this Starlauncher? I might be a little too excited but I was talking all about FACTs. I have no other motivation than to encourage the author in getting better work in the future. But it seems some people simply envy the talented instead of doing anything useful. >:(

No envy at all. And I have thanked every person where I have used their program/product. But calling someone a god, and practically bowing at their feet, just seems a little extreme to me. But whatever, it doesn't affect me at all, so I'll move along.

Blackcode

NICE DONE...
even it's an ugly way i must admit was the First way into that... gj..
We could need your help into StarCrack community.

server: irc.rizon.net
chanels: #sc2c, #sc2.ai, #sc2.map, #sc2.dev.single

ask me Blackcode- or basttmp or usmc23 for invite in...