Keystroke Bug in WoW Programmed by Microsoft

Started by 2g4u, March 08, 2010, 02:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2g4u

Keystroke Bug in Warcraft Programmed by Microsoft                       

Microsoft has purposefully planted a bug in the popular MMORPG "World of Warcraft". This seems to affect all Windows-based computers, though the entire span of this bug has yet to be determined. Adept player Kwakmeister reported the bug in WoW forums late last night.
QuoteOk im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!
This does not seem to be an issue with the Warcraft code itself; rather, it seems that the popular OS company Microsoft may be to blame.
The Alt + F4 hotkey can be critical in gaming situations, so it seems that someone is to blame. It is not yet clear if this was an issue surrounding the controversial Windows Vista operating system, or if it was an intentional oversight by Blizzard. Responding to the hostile accusation was Blizzard's own blue poster Maaven:

Facepalm

Btw Kwakmeister got SC2 Beta Key, because of his extreme skill in founding bugs :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

The_Paranoid

If i remember correctly, that bug also existed in Windows 95. It's a shame that Microsoft didn't manage to fix this bug in the last 15 years.

itsarabbit

Want Beta key! :D

Rain[sun]

I never can tell if people on this forum are deliberately retarded, or just make lame jokes

I do love the way the blizz employee responded though, funny shit
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

DKSlayer

I have been a computer guy my whole life. It's a feature. Alt + F4 will close the application that has the active focus, be it a game or a firefox browser.
Funny people  :D

Rain[sun]

This thread has inspired me to fuck with the General forum on SC2, wish me luck.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

2g4u

Quote from: DKSlayer on March 09, 2010, 10:55:19 AM
I have been a computer guy my whole life. It's a feature. Alt + F4 will close the application that has the active focus, be it a game or a firefox browser.
Funny people  :D

/clap

I couldn't figure out this no matter my education in Computer Science and my current job as (4gl)SQL programmer. :D :D :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

vitalsine

lol. Alt F4 is key. Dumb asses like that guy need to go back to the basics.