'training Ai?' different ai doing different builds.

Started by Chain[s]aw, March 09, 2010, 06:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chain[s]aw

I thought of an idea i would like to be put before you to get your thoughts on it. Would it be possible to make a.i's to do certain builds and functions so we as a starcraft player now how to defend against it? (this is assuming we know before hand what the build is and how to defend it so we can train against certain builds)

so like if we want to learn how to defend against a roach rush, we will go to a starcraft launcher and launch the ai that has the scripting for that, and or choose an ai that has a ling rush or a zealot rush and then later in mid to end game knowing how to defend against cetain mid - late game builds in order to train up our ability to react and defend certain builds?

Does anyone see this as a good idea?... so it would be like a training a.i version(s) (whether its one file that can do all this or multiple files which we can open thrugh a launcher that will let us play certain ai's that do certain builds)

Thanks for hearing me out :)
Peace

Chain[s]aw

im in a happy mood right now XD .. i love you all

Chain[s]aw

if not my suggestion than other suggestions/debates would be good at looking at ways of how we can use Ai scripting to our advantage :)

Doix

Hi, doing something like this is possible. It is possible to trigger certain events on chat messages http://wiki.sc2mapster.com/sc2-api/functions/trigger-add-event-chat-message/ . So basically at the start of the round you'd type 6pool or something, which would set some global variable and then the ai would execute that build. I might write a framework for this on the weekend if no one else does it first (seems quite easy to do).

Tresh

Nice idea. Rather than telling the ai what to do through chat (although its not a bad idea) id make a little gui before the match, that will do that same thing for you. Then, if you want to change in the middle, chat message. Just my 2 cents.