Battle.net 2.0 Emulation Coming Soon to a Computer Near You!

Started by CraniX, March 11, 2010, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sTo0z

@Rain

Get a clue dude. When are you people going to learn?

It has nothing to do with demanding proof, it has nothing to do with attempting to make people do a project for other people.

It has to do with people exploiting peoples' interest in a topic for a sick joke. It has to do with being lied to. It has to do with people getting attention for themselves when they haven't earned it.

These guys are the ones who are making these wild claims. Who gives a sh*t if they said it on their so-called "private" site. It doesn't matter. They made the claims, the claims are out, and now they are going to get attacked for it.

It doesn't matter who you are or what you're doing, people who lie and bullsh*t other people about something are going to get attention for it.

That's what you have to get into your heads about this. People don't like being lied to. And people don't like liars. You lie about something as big as a BNET 2.0 emulator, people are going to come after you. It's not a big concept, I hope you can handle it.

The internet is an amazing place, with amazing tools, these guys could have been a lot more low key if they'd wanted. Now their story is out, and so far they have dodged one thing after another. So far they seem like liars, and no, they don't owe me anything, it's true. But they don't have to ANSWER me either if they don't want. Obviously they enjoy spending the time to keep attacking everyone that attacks them, if they really had a project going they wouldn't give a sh*t.

Obviously they care, they had to waste all this time posting about it.

It has nothing to do with proof, it has to do with lying, and being liars. You do that, people are coming down on you, that's what this is.

Getting lied to is like being under attack. The SC2 crowd around these parts feels under attack for these guys, and now some of us are speaking up. They _sound_ like adults so I think it's obvious that that is the only thing that could have happened here. StarCraft is one of the largest franchises in computer gaming history. Now we have a private beta here for one of the most anticipated sequels of all time.

THIS gets a lot of people excited. Now you have this random crew out from left field claiming they have what everyone is so desperate to get. If that turns out to be a lie, then we've all been PLAYED. No one likes to be PLAYED.

THAT'S what this is about. I'm feeling PLAYED by these guys, and they refuse to back their shit up. No, they don't HAVE to, whatever, but I'm going to speak up against them. I'm not DEMANDING they do, I'm just speaking my part to the people here, simple as that.

You guys keep saying "if it's fake, no big deal!" WRONG. It is a big deal. I don't like people toying and being jackasses to people. We didn't do anything to them, why tease a large group of people like that and expect everyone to just TRUST them.

</rant>

Rain[sun]

If there was ever a time to facepalm, now would be it. You are taking this entirely too personally, they haven't lied about shit until the day comes when they release whatever it is they are doing. If they release a SC2 Bnet Emu that just says "LOL YOU GOT OWNED" then yeah, call them a liar and cry all you want.

But as it stands, you just sound like a demanding retard since they have no obligation to you and really could be tellin the truth from what they've said. If you are naive enough to think you getting offended by them "playing" you will really affect anyone, then I think you have it coming. As to this...

Quotewho are making these wild claims. Who gives a sh*t if they said it on  their so-called "private" site. It doesn't matter. They made the  claims, the claims are out, and now they are going to get attacked for  it.

Are you serious? You're going to attack them... for something they didn't intend on going public...? That just puts you in with the group of people on the internet nobody wants to listen to. You don't contribute anything by naysaying these guys, they sure as hell don't care what you're saying, so what are you gaining other than making me and guaranteed others laugh?

Finally,

QuoteYou guys keep saying "if it's fake, no big deal!" WRONG. It is a big  deal. I don't like people toying and being jackasses to people. We  didn't do anything to them,

A) That's your personal opinion, the vast majority of people who actually go outside once in awhile to see friends and the sunlight, don't give two shits if somebody toys with them over the internet. In fact, people expect it. People this gullible DESERVE to be fucked with. End of story  :D
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Lucas

hey guys
i know the reason why you cant succeed at the beta launcher
because:

You must construct additional pylons.

seed013

Quote from: Lucas on March 13, 2010, 09:34:40 PM
hey guys
i know the reason why you cant succeed at the beta launcher
because:

You must construct additional pylons.

/Agree

sTo0z

@Rain

Again, I didn't demand anything, obviously you're still in the 3rd grade or you might have been able to read that.

They said they did something, I said they didn't, they can back it up or they can ignore me. As it stands, they've spent all this energy telling me I'm wrong without anything behind it.

Nope, they have no obligation, so what? I'm still going to call them on it. They want to pretend they have something this big and expect people to bend over and give them props for it? No thanks.

They didn't intend it on going public, they could have been better about it. Doesn't seem like they tried very hard. Obviously they care if they had to come here and answer me several times about how great they are. If they really had a project they wouldn't give a shit.

Oh yah, the "go outside you have no life" response. It was tired when the internet first started, and it's just pathetic now. Really, is that all you have? Because it took me, oh, about 3 minutes to write my post. I'm sorry if posting on forums is a life consuming activity for you. But the rest of us around here aren't so pathetic.

You have an amazing talent to be able to decipher my entire life by reading a post I made in 3 minutes time in the day. You must be very successful in life with an amazing talent like that.

And since we're using tired and old internet cliches to make ourselves sound "tuff" I guess I'll decide that you sound about 12 from the way you post, live in your mother's basement, and have never been with a woman.

Nice try kid, but move along, probably past your bedtime.

Rain[sun]

Its odd how don't really understand a word I said, but hey, A for effort.
I don't care how long it took you to type, the point was how offended you get and the level of seriousness you use. For a guy who is whining about how I seem to know his life over the internet, you seem to pretend to know mine. Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing isn't it?

You can tell a lot about a loser by the way they take situations both in real life and over the internet. Someone who gets picked on, for example, will act precisely how you do. Not saying you get picked on, just sayin I wouldnt be surprised. I love insults, so you trying to insult me is just good times. Id bet you got offended by how seriously you're taking this, which just further proves to me you really don't joke around much in real life either.

At the end of the day, my main point stands. Nobody, including me, cares what you say; its pathetic and just gives us a laugh ;)

Edit: Context is 99% of a message; you seem to not have really understood anything I said in its context, and just used the words to form a comeback. Atta girl
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

starcrafter64

Raid and Stooz should seriously take their complain/b*tch fest somewhere else. I'm tired of seeing a new post in this thread only to see you 2 in some kind of nerd raging epeen session.

Please keep this thread constructive and open for news or just lock it already.

To anyone and everyone who IS working towards the greater good, keep up the good work and don't ever forget your work is appreciated by the majority.

Freundschaft

seems as if another team has developed a server as well

http://rapidshare.com/files/363222987/sc2emu_100_real.rar
I take two steps forward, two steps back. We come together 'cuz opposites attract.

Kevkev88

Quote from: Freundschaft on March 13, 2010, 10:13:28 PM

http://rapidshare.com/files/363056576/sc2emu_100_real.avi.html

Is this real or not...? I don't wanna waste my time downloading if its not.

xida1125

Quote from: Kevkev88 on March 13, 2010, 10:45:26 PM

i downloaded and scanned with avast,norton,spybot S&D all 3 came out clean, watched it too.

Some guy with heavy german/russian accent speaking english showing his code and stuff and then running it, pops a UI out let's him selects class/people but it just says a client has connected once he pressed start server

more update tomorrow he says

Kevkev88

Quote from: xida1125 on March 13, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
Quote from: Kevkev88 on March 13, 2010, 10:45:26 PM

i downloaded and scanned with avast,norton,spybot S&D all 3 came out clean, watched it too.

Some guy with heavy german/russian accent speaking english showing his code and stuff and then running it, pops a UI out let's him selects class/people but it just says a client has connected once he pressed start server

more update tomorrow he says

So basically the same as the original vid?

cliffton

sTo0z, jesus.  Obviously it's execrable if they are lying and going for attention, but get some perspective.  It affects you exactly as much as you let it.  "I'm feeling PLAYED by these guys" why?  How?  It sounds like you never believed them.  Sounds like they never fooled you.  If it turns out they are faking, you were right.  How does that make you feel played?  When the time comes you should either feel happy you are wrong (and get to play multiplayer), or vindicated.  If you don't want to get played, remain skeptical.  Don't get emotionally invested.  Just wait and see.  Do that and these histrionics, these feelings of hostility should go away.

Kevkev88

cant delete post?

Anyway, downloading that video.. Hope its not just the same as the original...

xida1125

Quote from: Kevkev88 on March 13, 2010, 11:01:18 PM
cant delete post?

Anyway, downloading that video.. Hope its not just the same as the original...

well i dont know, this is the first one i've seen