StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enox

Vernam7

Quote from: Enox on March 04, 2010, 10:20:20 AM
No Beta Vernam?? :-)

sure, i am just not ready yet, i completely redone my U.I (i am taking it to the next level of a regular windows application) and i am adding new functionalities and simplefing others.
the coded started 300lines and now its almost 1000, i am also keeping it very light!

i am almost ready thought keep your eyes open in pm i want to talk to you.

Vernam7

Version 2.5.7 Preview

i am making it now to get the image from within the map so dont worry i will not make find images :P
this will delay a little this update but i think it needs to be done,

and for 10000th time YES sc2Allin1 was made specially to support custome starcraft installation directories, yes you can have your game install in G:\my game\sc2beta, as long as the tool has its own direcotry! :)

tanknology

Quick question:

Do I have to install SC2 beta in the default path? (C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta) or can I just install it where I want. I know that I have to instal your Launcher at the default location.

kurtskyg

i hope there will be race select soon

Artanis186

It's looking a lot better now. But I think I'll stay with 'Starcraft II - Beta Launcher'. They don't need the default location, which mine is not at. And I don't think we need to install jpg files manually.

epsiSlow

Vernam7 why dont you get the image files from inside the map?  all the maps have the images in them :)
hint: use a mpq documentation ;) like this

p.s. the images are in the tga format. gl

Vernam7

Quote from: epsiSlow on March 04, 2010, 12:50:12 PM
Vernam7 why dont you get the image files from inside the map?  all the maps have the images in them :)
hint: use a mpq documentation ;) like this

p.s. the images are in the tga format. gl

thats what i really want to do, but i must find the right extractor, the size of the setup mayget a little bigger, and it need a little more work, but thank you a lot for the documentation, i hope it will helpmy buy some time ;)

Vernam7

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 04, 2010, 12:35:55 PM
It's looking a lot better now. But I think I'll stay with 'Starcraft II - Beta Launcher'. They don't need the default location, which mine is not at. And I don't think we need to install jpg files manually.

YES sc2Allin1 was made specially to support custome starcraft installation directories from version 1.0!!!, yes you can have your game install in G:\my game\sc2beta, as long as the tool has its own direcotry!
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]and there will be no need for extra images ;-)

Artanis186

Quote from: Vernam7 on March 04, 2010, 01:41:52 PM

YES sc2Allin1 was made specially to support custome starcraft installation directories from version 1.0!!!, yes you can have your game install in G:\my game\sc2beta, as long as the tool has its own direcotry!
and there will be no need for extra images ;-)

Hmmm, well that makes things difficult... Well, when you both release your launchers, I'll have to compare the 2 and see which I prefer. This is gonna be a hard choice. ^.^

Vernam7

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 04, 2010, 03:15:35 PM
Quote from: Vernam7 on March 04, 2010, 01:41:52 PM

and there will be no need for extra images ;-)

Hmmm, well that makes things difficult... Well, when you both release your launchers, I'll have to compare the 2 and see which I prefer. This is gonna be a hard choice. ^.^

lol well there is no competition actually, i make professional software for years, not for games thought, and my primary goal is to make the best engine-fast-reliable bug free and then the most practical interface,

the other launcer you mentioned althought is a good try for a new programmer, it lucks in performance for me, i dont like personaly the idea of a launcer that was made to play OFFLINE skirmish battles to alwasy need conenction for some useless statistcs and have a bance of options that are allready in game!
trying do too many thing leed in a very unstable and bugy application most of the times.

dont get me wrong its all about users idea of "good" software, but if i could compair it with cars i would say a good nice sport body, doesnt make a slow engine go faster! ;-)

once again thank you for your kind comments.
i really hope you enjoy the next version this weekend ;-)

Bt

Add in Map descriptions and put the logo back please for 2.5.7+

Otherwise, looking good!

Vernam7

Quote from: Bt on March 04, 2010, 03:52:03 PM
Add in Map descriptions and put the logo back please for 2.5.7+

Otherwise, looking good!

well the logo is been there when there is no map preview, i will see if i can make it permanet with making the interface TOO large..

also map description needs some logical space in this UI next to map preview usually,
because i dont want to rearrange the down square controls, and make room for description there, it will not feet, and i need that space for future practical options i will propobly make the map description appear only as a smart ToolTip just next to maps name.......

we will see.

Bowex

I have this problem from running Starcraft 2 Beta All in one v2.5.6 and lazylauncher2

================================================================================
StarCraft II Beta (B14133B)
Time:       2010-03-04 18:31:22.091
Exe:        C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14133\SC2.exe
Parameters:
Exe Built:  57310-223-223 124:223:120.1247
User:       Family
Computer:   ----------
Version:    0.4.0.14133
Branch:     branches/PublicBeta
Revision:   ------
Locale:     enUS
================================================================================
Starcraft II has encountered an error while initializing your videocard. Please try starting Starcraft II again. If the problem

btw I downloaded the Starcraft Beta from this website and the v2.5.6.

Vernam7

Quote from: Bowex on March 04, 2010, 06:38:22 PM
I have this problem from running Starcraft 2 Beta All in one v2.5.6 and lazylauncher2

StarCraft II Beta (B14133B)
Time:       2010-03-04 18:31:22.091
Exe:        C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\Versions\Base14133\SC2.exe
Parameters:
Exe Built:  57310-223-223 124:223:120.1247
User:       Family
Computer:   ----------
Version:    0.4.0.14133
Branch:     branches/PublicBeta
Revision:   ------
Locale:     enUS
Starcraft II has encountered an error while initializing your videocard. Please try starting Starcraft II again. If the problem

btw I downloaded the Starcraft Beta from this website and the v2.5.6.

did you read your error carefully?
the last line says:
Starcraft II has encountered an error while initializing your videocard. Please try starting Starcraft II
[/color][/size][/size]nothing to do with our tool ;-)[/size][/size]you propobly cant play sc2 with your VGA or your DirectX and VGA drivers is outdated!!![/size]we cant support you for that here, you can try Blizzards Official Forums, with or without the launcer this error is sc2 problem. [/size][/size]sorry