Strategy to beat 6.1 cheating Ai

Started by QQJoker, March 13, 2010, 02:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QQJoker

I can beat 6.1 non cheating version very easily,but when I play 6.1 cheating version the ai always has void rays to kill me while I have a whole bunch of zealots. I cant build as fast as the ai. I am only good with protoss.

SantaClaws

Try a FE, then mass warp gates. If he makes void rays you make stalkers, if he makes collossi you make DT! YES DT! 2 DT destroy a collossi in 2secs it's INSANE! and a small group of them can take a nexus down in no time. I'm not a protoss player, but this has worked for me.

QQJoker

Quote from: SantaClaws on March 15, 2010, 08:21:53 AM
Try a FE, then mass warp gates. If he makes void rays you make stalkers, if he makes collossi you make DT! YES DT! 2 DT destroy a collossi in 2secs it's INSANE! and a small group of them can take a nexus down in no time. I'm not a protoss player, but this has worked for me.

whats a FE and DT

Nova

QQJoker

how much stalkers needed to beat one void ray.

Nova

At least two, three should be good. Focus fire them down.

QQJoker

Quote from: SantaClaws on March 15, 2010, 08:21:53 AM

It worked pefectly. I massed dark templars and a few stalkers near the protoss cannons. I destroyed the 6.1 cheating ai. I have only tried this facing zerg 6.1 cheating ai.

Nova

Er, zerg is extremely easy. Try playing against terran, or god forbid, protoss.

crazian

Quote from: Nova on March 17, 2010, 06:27:57 PM
Er, zerg is extremely easy. Try playing against terran, or god forbid, protoss.

I agree the first 2 parts, zerg is easy, terran is really hard. but I don't think toss is harder unless you wait all the way to late games when they'll just spam carriers that'll fill the map.
best strategy for toss is either banshee or M/M rush, usually I wait for the initial rush to fail (I wall the entrance) and then charge into their base.
Banshee just focus on stalkers or anything that attacks air. There aren't that many: Stalker, Sentry (not really a threat), then it's all the way to Phoenix, Void Rays and Carriers.
And because toss is slower, it's almost certain with a good macro/micro you can get banshee on top of their base and destroy pylons to prevent their air units from coming.
just my 2 cents though, not guaranteed to work.
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

kolera

Also if you managed to fend off their early rush attack, leave them alone for a bit like don't attack them the first 15 minutes so they could pretty much build up. Counter attacking right after their first rush pretty much negates the purpose of battling with the cheating ai since their build wasn't designed to make use of their insane economic advantage early on. And even then in the mid game , if you have already set up 3-5 expansions, the ai is pretty much easy to beat I think because they don't make enough production buildings to compensate for their huge economy. They have like a stock of 10k minerals unused even though all of their production buildings are running up 100% most of the time because they only make few of them.

snapsalot

well im not sure if youll accept my answers sense they really arnt very complicated. But i have two ways to beat the cheating 6.1 ai every single time.

First is a good old fashioned cannon rush.
2nd is a fast tech carrier strat. they both work very easily if done right and the cannon rush you can get kills in way under 10 mins.

Sry if my tactics are too cheesy :/