Need a hosting server to use?

Started by jyim89, March 22, 2010, 02:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyim89

So I am one of those sad people who did not get a beta key or have friends that have one either so I wanted to contribute to the efforts of the DarkBlizz community so that someday I can hopefully play my friends on lan.  Since I'm not a hacking guru like some people here I've been thinking about other ways to contribute and the only way I can think of is to offer to host their projects on my private server. 

It isn't much but that is all I can offer =/.  One good thing about it is that since it is a privately owned server by me,  there are no annoying ads and no waiting to download.  I've been using it for myself and it worked well when only 1 or 2 people are using it but I do not know how well it will work if multiple people are using it.  There is also plenty of space to use on it (I attached a 500gb external hd that I barely use).

I am already hosting lazylaunch 2.0 on it here jyim89.homeftp.net/sc2.  If you would like to host your projects on here too please feel free to pm me and I can make a ftp account for you.

Also, I am only doing this in hopes that it can be of some help so even if you think its a stupid idea, please do not post hate comments =/