I am super and happy and the most fun kind of time?

Started by superhappyfuntime, March 28, 2010, 01:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhappyfuntime

Hi, I am a college freshmen and all I used to do was work out and play WoW. Being a student I never studied because school was always easy and college was no different so all of my time went towards those two things. I grew bored of video games for a period of about three months and then at random found starcraft. This is an odd thing this little game. It was at a video game tournament held at the college and I was shocked to see such a low turn out for any game there. I was at the tournament to reign supreme in my game which no one I have met could touch me, which was Super Smash bros.

At this tournament just three games were played and they were: brawl, cod mw2, and starcraft. Back to the little turn out and it being shocking, I found myself intrigued and stepped into the room of two people that had been fighting for hours. I was a CC vetern and found no other rts appealing but after seeing those two dudes go at it with such veracity I had to see what it was about. I asked my friends who were there with me and one explained the story of the game to me and I was like wow halo isn't original at all (zerg = flood pretty much) and the story captivated my imagination that was so stagnant from my  days of arena in wow ( BE male Mal ganis horde warlock- egrigious sold for 1.5 grand :D, 4 season glad ,1 r1 title, besides the point but hey that game was my life). To be captivated by another game was nice and I had to explore it. After watching all of the trailers I was set on playing the more recent of the series and sc2 became my game.

This was all in the past two weeks and I find myself enamored in the game because it is so fast paced and feels like generals but has that sci fi edge that appeals to me so! I love the Protoss and have been destroying the Ai with them, lately I have found terran to be the most effective at massing a large force ( spam build ccs and spam mules left off build and exchange while turtling resources, w 1 base moving at all times you can suck each mineral pool dry in under 30 seconds w 20 or so ccs!!!). This strategy is only applicable of course in large 3v3 , 4v4 games but fun nonetheless. The protoss to me just feel over powered and my experience in WoW taught me play the most bad ass class and you will be awesome. Their rush is unstoppable since their basic Zealot is worth 3-1 ratio to the other races making them sooooo good. I top it off with a couple of dark templars and the game ends in 2 minutes. I want criticism and I am sure I am doing something wrong since I am very new but it seems that the templar is just superior to every other races mid game units due to the possibility of a lack of detection and a 50 smack killing their top tier units very efficiently.

I hope once this game is available that this website will surprise me more as it did with the lazy launcher and so I would like to end with a thank you and good luck to the future!

PS- Currently majoring in Comp Science and Bio/chem  so maybe I will become a little more affluent with the whole coding aspect and be able to contribute!!! Studying java right now so can't do much :(