Main Menu

How to Train Your Dragon is....

Started by War_Machine, March 28, 2010, 02:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

War_Machine

Honestly the best Dreamworks movie ever made and It makes a strong argument in my book as one of the best animated movie PERIOD. It was absolutely amazing from the visuals, 3-D, soundtrack, character voices everything. For those who haven't seen it I recommend it highly.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xeriis13

Thanks for the tip, I had only seen the movie poster before, and I checked the trailer now. The movie looks good, but the plot just reminds me of Avatar so much, maybe that's just the trailer though.  ;)

Gj

Haha...Avatar's a cheap rip of Pocahontas. Te only thing James Cameron can call his own is the word "unobtanium".

For those who haven't seen the Avatar/Pocahontas storyline similarity:
http://www.thefunnyblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/avatar_pocahontas.jpg

Rain[sun]

Hahaha i got a good laugh from that, seen it before and its still funny
Although as Dane Cook can attest, it doesn't matter who's material it is if you can do it bigger and better, you'll succeed.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

jyim89

Quote from: Gj on March 31, 2010, 04:24:11 AM
Haha...Avatar's a cheap rip of Pocahontas. Te only thing James Cameron can call his own is the word "unobtanium".

I wouldn't call Avatar a "cheap" rip off.  I didn't go see Avatar for the storyline.  I could find that kind of storyline in any Disney movie.  I went to go see it for the CG.  The CG of was effing amazing and that couldn't have been "cheap". xD

Rain[sun]

We had a guy watching avatar with us and every single one of my friends hated him for it; spent the entire movie saying how much it was like Fern Gully and Pocahontas.
If you honestly thing story elements from Fern Gully/Pocahontas make Avatar a worse movie, you dont have balls between your legs, straight up

darkshark

Quote from: Gj on March 31, 2010, 04:24:11 AM

unobtainum.. not james camerons word either.
Unobtainium (scene from The Core)

Rain[sun]

Unobtainum; not the Core's word either.
Its just a word used for a material that is pretty much impossible to physically have; something that is harder, lighter, stronger etc.
If he stole unobtainium, then Pocahontas stole the idea of Cartoon.

Schrii

My Girl Friend wanted to see "How to train your Dragon", so did I. But the only theater near us had only one 3-D projector, and "Alice in Wonderland" was using it (which we also saw). So, we're either going to see if it's in Halifax OR we're just going to rent it........kinda dissapointing