Aiur AI 2.0 alpha 12 (Protoss AI) (patch 10 compatible)

Started by SuXue, April 13, 2010, 12:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuXue

Quote from: AlsoKnownAs on April 14, 2010, 04:47:27 PM
replaced all the initial function names with cryptic names XD, hence to protect their codes :P

no. just for giving u more fun guessing the logic  :)

SuXue

Quote from: Chriamon on April 14, 2010, 02:41:48 PM
I haven't seen Auir expand, does it currently lack expansion logic?

Alpha 3 will always expand as soon as it sends out its first wave. I have never seen it not doing this...

SuXue

Quote from: logo on April 14, 2010, 02:28:09 PM
I set 2 computer players Protoss (Aiur) vs Terran (Starcrack) and Starcrack wins . Aiur build a combination of zealots, sentry and stalker. He even upgraded armor... still starcrack was more agressive and wins in 15min. Try it yourself if you don't believe me.

Did the sentry open shields? Otherwise the combination lost 50% of its effectiveness.

logo

QuoteDid the sentry open shields? Otherwise the combination lost 50% of its   effectiveness.

Yes that's the problem sentry didn't use shields just shooting at marines. If he used shields i think AIUR would survive that attack, and later probably win.  Micro management should be improved in next version.

StubbornRock

Quote from: logo on April 15, 2010, 04:08:29 AM
QuoteDid the sentry open shields? Otherwise the combination lost 50% of its   effectiveness.

Yes that's the problem sentry didn't use shields just shooting at marines. If he used shields i think AIUR would survive that attack, and later probably win.  Micro management should be improved in next version.
It is not Aiur AI's problem, Starcrack didn't have sentry shield write into it
Because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence.

logo

QuoteIt is not Aiur AI's problem, Starcrack didn't have sentry shield write   into it

I am not following you. Are you trying to say that Aiur depends on starcrack script. If that's the case, then how can i play against fully working Aiur AI?

Bedervet

Starcrack AI and all other AI are open source since you can easly access to the code.
Most AI are developed starting with starcrack scripts, the sentry dont use shield in starcrack AI, so they dont in AIur AI, since both share some code.

Chriamon

Quote from: Bedervet on April 16, 2010, 11:53:40 AM
Starcrack AI and all other AI are open source since you can easly access to the code.
Most AI are developed starting with starcrack scripts, the sentry dont use shield in starcrack AI, so they dont in AIur AI, since both share some code.
Thats not what hes saying at all. What hes saying, is that the AI's "micro" isn't handled by the protoss.galaxy file. The micro is handled within other files. Since Auir AI is only the "macro" portion (that is, just the protoss.galaxy file.), it will only use shield if the AI is programmed to use shield with sentries in another file. As far as I know, it is not possible to make sentries use shield without overwriting an additional file beyond protoss.galaxy.

Bedervet

My mistake, you certainly must be right, but on an other hand, I didn't see any use of shield whatever Ai I used. So there is no big difference, this modification must be done to make it working...

AlsoKnownAs

QuoteQuote from: Bedervet on Today at 11:53:40 AM
QuoteStarcrack AI and all other AI are open source since you can easly access to the code.
Most  AI are developed starting with starcrack scripts, the sentry dont use  shield in starcrack AI, so they dont in AIur AI, since both share some  code.
Thats  not what hes saying at all. What hes saying, is that the AI's "micro"  isn't handled by the protoss.galaxy file. The micro is handled within  other files. Since Auir AI is only the "macro" portion (that is, just  the protoss.galaxy file.), it will only use shield if the AI is  programmed to use shield with sentries in another file. As far as I  know, it is not possible to make sentries use shield without  overwriting an additional file beyond protoss.galaxy.

Sorry to spoil the party  :D , it's possible to fit everything in one .galaxy file. Provided he re-write the entire routine and not use the default AIThinkDisruptor as pre-written in the XML file.

Bedervet

QuoteQuote
QuoteQuote from: Bedervet on Today at 11:53:40 AMQuote
QuoteStarcrack AI and all other AI are open source since you can easly access to the code.
Most   AI are developed starting with starcrack scripts, the sentry dont use   shield in starcrack AI, so they dont in AIur AI, since both share some   code.

Thats   not what hes saying at all. What hes saying, is that the AI's "micro"   isn't handled by the protoss.galaxy file. The micro is handled within   other files. Since Auir AI is only the "macro" portion (that is, just   the protoss.galaxy file.), it will only use shield if the AI is   programmed to use shield with sentries in another file. As far as I   know, it is not possible to make sentries use shield without   overwriting an additional file beyond protoss.galaxy. 

Sorry to spoil the party  :D  , it's possible to fit everything in one .galaxy file. Provided he  re-write the entire routine and not use the default AIThinkDisruptor as  pre-written in the XML file.                                                                   

That could be done for a later version, I bet this is not his priority for now, anyway the problem was the use of shield by sentry any idea?? :
- Is it possible?
- If it is, how?

logo

QuoteThat could be done for a later version, I bet this is not his priority   for now, anyway the problem was the use of shield by sentry any idea?? :
-   Is it possible?
- If it is, how?

It is posible , just overwrite protoss.galaxy in strategy 0.31 folder and then launch strategy AI. I have tested it, and sentry uses shield. But what is sad about Aiur AI is the fact that he is not defending his first expansion at all.
He did make a large army of zealots, stalkers, couple immortals, 3 colossus and sentry. But they were just standing in entrance to his main base. When i attacked his expansion he didn't move at all, and he was meters away.

Chriamon

Quote from: AlsoKnownAs on April 16, 2010, 01:57:16 PM
QuoteQuote from: Bedervet on Today at 11:53:40 AM
Most  AI are developed starting with starcrack scripts, the sentry dont use  shield in starcrack AI, so they dont in AIur AI, since both share some  code.
Thats  not what hes saying at all. What hes saying, is that the AI's "micro"  isn't handled by the protoss.galaxy file. The micro is handled within  other files. Since Auir AI is only the "macro" portion (that is, just  the protoss.galaxy file.), it will only use shield if the AI is  programmed to use shield with sentries in another file. As far as I  know, it is not possible to make sentries use shield without  overwriting an additional file beyond protoss.galaxy.

Sorry to spoil the party  :D , it's possible to fit everything in one .galaxy file. Provided he re-write the entire routine and not use the default AIThinkDisruptor as pre-written in the XML file.

Yea my mistake, I know you cannot overwrite the original AIThinkDisruptor without overwriting the tactical file, but I guess you can call it from somewhere else

SuXue

Quote from: AlsoKnownAs on April 16, 2010, 01:57:16 PM

Please let me know where does AIThinkDisruptor get called, so that I can overwrite it....

p.s. I have finished DT opening and HT opening with good AI vs AI results

The HT opening is particularly nice... feels like watching real human replays! Just beautiful

If one day the AI can use force fields effectively as well then it will be even stronger

SuXue

Quote from: logo on April 16, 2010, 02:42:44 PM
But what is sad about Aiur AI is the fact that he is not defending his first expansion at all.
He did make a large army of zealots, stalkers, couple immortals, 3 colossus and sentry. But they were just standing in entrance to his main base. When i attacked his expansion he didn't move at all, and he was meters away.

I have never seen this happening, so I have no idea what is wrong.

Probably I fixed it in alpha 4...