Humanik (AI) - Updates, Features & Suggestions

Started by AlsoKnownAs, April 17, 2010, 09:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlsoKnownAs

Hi everyone,

As most of the SC2 Beta AI fans are concerned, we are currently building an extremely robust and challenging AI for everyone. Due to the sublimity of the undocumented functions, constants, and other pertinent details, it took most of our time in the first few weeks, however, we've manage to sort out (> 95%) most of everything within the engine and are developing at a rapid speed.

Since we've shifted our focus to the Protoss race, here are the available list of features that will be accompanying the AI on it's first release;

1. Sentry Guardian Shield (Which will only cast when there are enemy units around during battle, no overlapping of casting on the same group if it's already covered by another sentry, hence conserving energy).

2. Sentry Force Field (Sentry will scan for ramps/choke points and will cast at these areas to prevent enemies from progressing if the odds of winning a battle against the opponent is slim as to gather more forces and to buy time).

3. Sentry Hallucination (Will only cast on units to do a suicide scouting or prior engaging the enemy)

4. Colossus will do a "back attack" by walking through cliffs and if there's a weak opening to the enemy's base (Still under heavy revision)

5. High Templar Psionic Storm (These units will not just aid the AI with their deadly storm but some strategies has been implemented to enable them to use it on biological gatherers/peons).

6. Stalker Blink (Will blink backward/or somewhere nearby when attacked during combat and forward when chasing against enemies who are retreating).

7. Parametric Defenses and Building

8. A new function has been implemented to better improve the AI's prediction and probability of winning in a combat.

9. Natural expansion and building (There will be a very small portion of code that is scripted and the other part of it is based on its ability to evaluate conditions before building and expanding).

10. No phase transitioning based on a given timer (e.g. open -> mid -> late), Humanik can jump to any phases based on the conditions given.

11. Warp Prism "Backdoor Access" (Warp Prism will change its form to enable warp gates an access to enemies base for a back attack).

There are some functions and abilities yet to be implemented, but once its done for the Protoss race, it will be released immediately. Any suggestions, comments, and criticisms are welcomed  :D .

Below is a video on Parametric Building; Have fun, cheers  :cheers: .

Humanik V1.0.1 - Parametric Building

Thread By AKA - AlsoKnownAs

Kernel64

Awesome! Grats.

I suspect that if by some optimization, you guys can actually determine where the ramp is and from there create predefined points as to where structures are to be built.

This could require facing and such along the way.

cyricc

As cool as that is, I hope it can do more than build pylons.

Kernel64

SuXue

Quote from: AlsoKnownAs on April 17, 2010, 09:24:18 AM
Below is a video on Parametric Building; Have fun, cheers  :cheers: .

Humanik V1.0.1 - Parametric Building

Thread By AKA - AlsoKnownAs

Pretty cool. Hopefully one day AIs can block chokepoints.

Chriamon

I'm wondering, about that parametric building, did you find a way to make custom build flags, or are you calculating a point and building the pylon at that point?

Kernel64

Do you remember in warcraft 3 where we could order a structure to do a train, and workers a build? I am pretty sure this is what the guys are doing. They're giving one of the probes a direct build command via choosebesttarget as the point function or they could have their custom function that determines a point given off-sets and such.

Stacking orders in a given unit is possible perhaps since we can check if a unit has an order.

AlsoKnownAs

Be patient guys  :thumbsup: , once it's released, you will see how one of our programmers did it, he forbids me to disclose it until the AI for Protoss is complete  :D .

QuotePretty cool. Hopefully one day AIs can block chokepoints.

We've managed to implement that  ;) .

P.S. Some of us are having exams, including me  :( . So, I'll be off this week or so until its over, the AI should be completed by then XD. Cheers  :cheers: .

sur_real

ptanhkhoa

QuotePretty cool. Hopefully one day AIs can block chokepoints.
@Suxue:

I'm getting close to this now,

Maybe I should add some "bigger" building like EngineerBay :P

@Alsoknowas:

Looking forward to your AI ^^. Maybe you should check out GT AI Arena, there are a lot of stronger AI than strategy 3.1, for example : DoZerg AI of Chriamon & Protoss Aiur AI of Suxue

Kernel64

aciduss

Hello. It looks very promising... i have some suggestions...

It would be great if:

- Attack at early game, most AI out there won't really play early game, worker harass, etc.
- Back drops at main base, attack workers as a human would do
- Double attacks, i mean as one force hits your front a second wave teleports / transports to another important spot for AI
- In Team vs Team mode, make the AI help when allies are under attack, maybe use the minimap point thing to ask for help, also it would be great to see AI teams playing more cooperatively, building and using dif race unit combos.
- When almost defeated make AI to expands to islands or only air accessible mineral fields so late games become something more realistic
- Make AI to perform different attack styles depending of the game's status, most AI i have tried play the same every time...
- It would be great if AI attacked using strange strategies like bunker rush, photon cannon at enemy's base, worker rush, etc.
- Make AI to micromanage teams much more... instead of moving a large army as a mass make AI to divide some groups and take advantage of multipoint attacks.
- Make AI to try to conquer most of the map's terrain, as a experienced human would do, building and using several production facilities at other bases apart from the main one.
- Make AI to take more advantage of cliffs and drops on cliffs... long ranged units on cliffs to take out expas and so... as a human would do.

Well that's my wishlist... hope it goes well with development! thanks ;)

ev-

Any Progress with patch 9/10 or did this development stall?