GT AI Arena 0.1 (Where the strongest AI will shine, include all non-cheat AI)

Started by ptanhkhoa, April 18, 2010, 09:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptanhkhoa

Link mediafire:
GT AI Arena

With the inspiration of Suxue AI, I made it first for testing purpose only, but I see that they are quite interesting, so I would like to share it to the public.
At the title say, it can let each AI fighting with each other, for example, Starcrack AI 0.72 Protoss vs Strategy AI Terran 0.4
It hard to solve the conflict between AI when putting all in the same folder, I had to read every code lines and function of every AI Script.
Anyway, I'm  finish with it
It can be quite useful for the player if you want to select the best Ai for each race to play with, or want to test the strength of each
For the developer, it can be quite useful for testing your AI among these strong AI.

_ The first version will include these AI  ( all of these are semi-noncheat , only cheat vision )

Starcrack AI 7.02 by Turdburger & Starcrack Team
Strategy AI 0.4 by XPL
Ghost AI 1.1 by harlowmoo.
Poulet AI 2.0 by Poulet
Aiur 2.0 alpha 3 by Suxue
Dozerg AI by Chriamon
and my Green Tea 0.4

I would like to give my credits to all the AI author above.

The first thing you must do is using Zocx Launcher, ( this can only work by replacing file in Trigger Libs, so Zocx Launcher is neccesary.Copy entire folder to the Mod folder of Starlauncher, it should include 2 folder GameData and Trigger Libs . You should use clean map, if the AI don't repair that mean you are not using clean map
Zocx Launcher

How to run, in the Trigger Libs folder it has the folder AI Package, each of these content the Package AI for you to select. Copy and replace the Zerg.galaxy, Protoss.galaxy and Terran.galaxy in which AI you like with the current one.

Select the AI Package folder

Select galaxy file in each folder Package

For example, you want to select Strategy Protoss 0.4,Terran Green Tea 0.4 and Dozerg AI 0.2, just copy the Protoss.galaxy in Strategy AI folder, Terran.galaxy in Green Tea AI folder and Dozerg 0.2 in Dozerg AI folder and replace with the current Terran, Protoss and Zerg.galaxy file outside.
When you play, it will appear like this "Activate Strategy 0.4 AI by XPL, Activer Terran AI by Green Tea 0.4 AI
If you see that the AI seems weaker when they stay in this version, report to me, so I can correct it.

Enjoy and have fun playing  :thumbsup:

Ptanhkhoa

This is Chriamon Updated Zerg, you should replace it with the current  Zerg.galaxy in Chriamon folder. It stronger than the old ones

ev-

nice stuff, but i have a question. (just for understanding - im  a noob)

MeeleAI is the same in every AI?
Or is this just for comparing macro managment?

Im looking through the codes, and im having trouble finding the executioning parts  :'(

Thank you for sharing!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Thx for the anwer! helped me alot!

ptanhkhoa

@ev: You can compare the Melee AI in each orginal AI, it mostly the same, just changing some variable, some Melee AI has it own function but I sort out to their AI folder.  You should see the Micro Control of Strategy AI in The FeignAttack.galaxy & AIAlMeleeMain.galaxy while Ghost AI in their ghost.galaxy, also in the GameData folder, they changing some variable yet. The Tactical AI now have the most functional ones, include Disruptor   Guardian Field.

You can see the different  attack style between 2 AI quite well.

@Suxue : thanks

SuXue

Chriamon

Wow, you put my AI in there :D I'm flattered, although tbh that version is very rudimentary.

I've updated it quite a bit, it no longer has dependencies, and it is much much stronger. I'll attach the updated version.

SuXue

Quote from: Chriamon on April 19, 2010, 03:32:17 PM
Wow, you put my AI in there :D I'm flattered, although tbh that version is very rudimentary.

I've updated it quite a bit, it no longer has dependencies, and it is much much stronger. I'll attach the updated version.

I like your AI's style... which is challenging for other AIs  :D

esshy

Hi, nice job on GT AI Arena, I love it. :thumbsup:
Theres 1 problem im having though. When I put Strategy AI against either Ghost AI or DoZerg, it wont run. Its only Strategy AI that wont run against those 2, but everything else runs when put against all the other AIs.

Chriamon

Quote from: esshy on April 20, 2010, 03:26:59 PM
Hi,   nice job on GT AI Arena, I love it. :thumbsup:
Theres 1 problem im having   though. When I put Strategy AI against either Ghost AI or DoZerg, it   wont run. Its only Strategy AI that wont run against those 2, but   everything else runs when put against all the other AIs.

Its probably that strategy AI and ghost AI have a function with the same   name somewhere or something similar. The ver of DoZerg packaged with GT AI Arena is older and still depends on Ghost (I build DoZerg with ghost as a framework). If you download the ver of DoZerg I posted earler up, it should work fine against strategy AI (can't say the same for ghost).

After a quick look-thru the code, there is a AIRetreat and a defendRush (and possibly more)function defined in both the strategy main and the ghost main. These functions and all places where they are called will have to be renamed in one of the AIs for compatability.

ptanhkhoa

@esshy : Like chriamon said, this is the main conflict when putting AI in the same folder, It take time to look through their code. I will fix and update it when I have time, thx for report.
@Chriamon : Thanks Chriamon, your AI is current the strongest Zerg now, and thanks again for the update, I will included it in the next version.

darka

@Chriamon: Thanks for you great previous job, can you release a DoZerg Patch 10 capability or this project is stall?

ptanhkhoa

Try GreenTea 0.43 Zerg AI, I learn a bit from him :P with a faster opening. It can win even Aiur 12 of suxue or Strategy AI 0.42.

jerrytouille

I have an "Access violation of "SFmpq.dll" error" using Zoxc launcher. Already run as Admin   in windows 7. Delete all files in Plugins folder. currently running patch 11. tried patch 9 and still same   error :|

ptanhkhoa

This GT AI Arena still developed for patch 9 only, play Green Tea AI 0.43 instead and it also support other AI as well.
  SC2 Launcher not support on new map, maybe you can try SC2AllInOne to play all new Blizzard official map.