Started by SuXue, April 25, 2010, 07:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuXue

1) Use SC2Launcher 2.3.1
2) Delete everything inside \Plugins\
3) Copy your AI to \Mods\AI Name\TriggerLibs\
4) Select your AI as Mod in the launcher

Notable Code changes:
1) AICombatDiffFlagCatSpecialHighPrio, etc.
2) c_diffHoldAtIdleChokes, etc.
3) AISetMaxBestAttackersLimit
4) AIDefendTown  => AIDefendWithWave
5) c_PU_Sentry, etc.

Vernam7

hi there can you be more specifi on the chnages?

what was what and what need to be turned itno what? exactly?

tnx nice work.

Kernel64

Su, after discovering the changes, did you notice if the AI Engine had changes? Does it still use the same states method? How did you initialize the AI and run the states?

SuXue

Quote from: Kernel64 on April 25, 2010, 10:01:46 AM
Su, after discovering the changes, did you notice if the AI Engine had changes? Does it still use the same states method? How did you initialize the AI and run the states?

I dont use any states in my AI  ;)

AITechCount() is your friend

One thing though, I find the new engine not moving workers to expansion...

Vernam7

AlsoKnownAs

Quote1) Use SC2Launcher 2.3.1
2) Delete everything inside \Plugins\
3) Copy your AI to \Mods\AI Name\TriggerLibs\
4) Select your AI as Mod in the launcher

So you guys are telling me that your AI is working because I can't seem to get it work no matter how I play with the files. And I've tried the above method without avail.

I believe Blizzard is using an integrated AI within their program which in case from Patch 9 and above, it does not utilize the Base.SC2Data file from Liberty folder nor any TriggerLibs. That's what I think, if someone can give a clearer picture, it would be much grateful.  :)

P.S. Or maybe our current launchers are not able to load these new updates correctly, since I'm not in the launchers business, my opinions are based solely on speculation. Will be waiting for your new launcher Vernam7  :D .

ptanhkhoa

@SuXue, thx for the tips, it working for me, now I can try all the new blizzard function code  :jig: , just tried the AIMapPathCost ( it help to find the shortest path between point ).
P/S: The AIExpandDefalut is dead now, try the AIExpand function.

@AlsoKnowAs : His method is good, actually. The problem is not because of the launcher but because every native function of blizzard has some slighty change. My advice: rewriting your script from the beginning, which I am doing now from the Blizzard default AI code. Also you can test new function and improved your AI much more.

Kernel64

ptanhkhoa, that sounds really exciting.

I guess knowing which file gets run first when the melee map trigger initializes the melee AI will help a lot.

I suspect it's the Melee.galaxy?

The next issue would be, the constants, native function parameters, etc?

I'm really glad you guys figured it out.

Cheers!

AlsoKnownAs

ptanhkoa,

what I've been saying is that how can you make the  launcher recognize our AI? I've tried launching SC2 Beta with the  latest patch and the default AI (from Blizzard after updating) with  slight modification (adding a line of TriggerDebug) to make sure that  the AI is actually modified, however when I ran the AI with the slight  modification, it shows no sign of changes.

And as you've  mentioned that there are new functions, how can the native.dll from  SC2Launcher 2.3.1 recognizes the new ones that are written by us  ??? ?

Besides then deleting the plugins from the launcher, is there any additional steps that I've missed out because I can't seem to get it work still  :( .

Vernam7

i have updated my tool to v7.9.9 that support triggerlbs folders as AI source, so you develepors go get it and i hope you have some AI ready pretty soon!

read the change log plz to understand how to edit the tool and load YOUR custom AI!

http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcrack-allin1/

for AI developers i have a special Developer Edition that will only post the link in pm

Syryuu

Edit: ...