My StarCraft Story and Maybe In Need Of Some Help

Started by hellhoundpro, July 13, 2010, 11:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellhoundpro

My tale starts at the young age of seven when on my birthday March 31,   1998 a little game called Starcraft was released. Unbenounced to me,   this game was in fact heroine. I know I'm not unique in coming to this   conclusion.  Starcraft was godly, amazing, unforgettable.  Although I   would like to say I was a super genius of a seven year old and quite   adept at this game, that would be false.  I was horrific.  Battlenet   proved to be my worst enemy.  The only solace I could find was in the   bots... Set on easy.  While some may question my intelligence at this   point let me remind you I was seven and probably not the fastest kid.    Regardless I trudged on, defeating all three campaigns and continually   training against the bots.  What I loved most about the game though was   not the beautifully unique and intricate races or the glorious gore that   erupted from the zerg and terran.  It was the story.  The universe that   truly sucked me in.    Even after I was unable to hold the Terran camp   for 15 minutes during the zerg rush 27 times I kept trying.  (By now you   may realize the idiocy I was plagued with and looking back now its a   little disheartening)  Eventually after a lot of blood sweat and tears I   beat all  three campaigns, picked up Brood War and was able to beat it   with a little more ease...

Skip forward to twelve years later,   news of a Starcraft 2 hit the interwebs and I was in shock.  After   waiting, shelled up in my room like a burrowed zergling I find there   will be a sequel!!! Not only that but their will be a beta to this   sequel... Once I learned that their was a beta I was determined... Like   this guy right here ->  :bangshead: .   DETERMINED to break down that fucking door of the closed beta and get   in.  I created 17 Blizzard accounts, sent specs from 6 different   computers along with reconfigured the hardware on my own computer   multiple times to send different samples and I waited... And waited...   Alas my dreams were not to come to fruition.  They were to whither and   die like the charred remains of a drone line after a helian rush.    Summer roles around and I still have no key, BUT theirs hope! Gamestop   announces that they will be giving away keys with pre-orders!!!!   VICTORY! If only that were true....

Sadly I did not and have not   received a key after my pre-order and what I received instead was a big   middle finger when I asked whether or not I would receive a key. Now at   this point you may be asking yourself "Why the fuck am I still reading   this?" Which is a very valid point.  Or you may be like this guy ->  lmao Thinking "What a moron." To   which I would once again have to reply, very valid point.

Alas   this was my final frontier, my final hope, my final chance for a key.   I'm sure I'm not alone in asking here and I know the beta will not be   for long but I can't throw away the chance of asking my fellow man for a   hand.  I realize that I ask a lot. I realize the value of that string   of numbers and letters you hold but please, realize the happiness it    could bring one zergling who has been burrowed in his room for twelve   years. 

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                     Tyler

Blackcode