How do I set this up

Started by stubob, July 03, 2011, 07:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stubob

Where do I download this "Starfriend"? is it for real?
What are the steps to set this up?
Is it a server/client architecture, or more of a P2P architecture? (I would assume server/client)

Myst

Ballwinkle

I am also interested in how this works. If it a client/server - what stops it being a bnet 2 emulator?

Myst

Its doesn't emulate battle.net 2.0, it emulates Starcraft 2 game packets.

Myst

I have people testing it.  And it wasn't mentioned because I already mentioned the actual author's site.  This site isn't a place to promote your own site just for the sake of spreading your own site.  The actual developer got credit so there is no need mentioning battle4sc2.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings. 
I also know that you and serutan are the same person, both your IPs match, from FTP logs and your account on here ;)

Ballwinkle

Quote from: Myst on July 04, 2011, 03:26:27 PM
Its doesn't emulate battle.net 2.0, it emulates Starcraft 2 game packets.

Which is what battle.net does :P since the packets are differnet when they are send and when they are recieved.

Myst

but this doesnt have anything to do with bnet 2.0.  As in once blizzard goes on with there plan this will not connect you to the hub of WoW , D3, SC2, etc.

Serutan

But the site that you linked is not the site of the developer !! It's even things that battle4sc2.com => a fan who create a dedicate site like me he does for battle4sc2.com
And we use the even proxy...

madalinul

what login sould the client side use to connect?
gg@star.friend is for father, but for the other accounts?

Ballwinkle

Its the same, it just assigns you a different character

madalinul

ok then, hope this works...thank you

Serutan

@ MaxHayman
That's works too for you ?

madalinul

One more question :D
for a lan friend to connect he must put in config.ini my public ip?

Ballwinkle

Yeas it did work for me.

Yeah u need to open ports also