V0.45 out?

Started by DragooNArT, July 17, 2011, 10:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miguelgalit

Quote from: sYk0 on July 24, 2011, 11:24:10 AM
Quote from: miguelgalit on July 23, 2011, 09:55:08 PM
Quote from: Myst on July 23, 2011, 11:41:26 AM
syk0@darkblizz is making a [Starfriend Launcher] that will make Starfriend work with any client, enUS, enGB, etc etc.  And the launcher will make the installation process more automated so it'll be less work and easier for the end user. 
It should be out soon.

when is the estimated release of this tool?... I dont want to use the chinese--->english client because I dont want to download chinese client since its very big 7gb...

The tool will be released soon (a day or two), just need to do some more testing.

This tool is a temporary solution, until the guys at Star.Friend enable play on other clients (speculation is that this will be soon).

I created the tool because I too didn't want to download the ~8GB Chinese version. :)

heheheh looks like im not the only one lazy enough not to download effing chinese version XD
I dont like microing. Hahahaha

sYk0

Almost there guys, the app just needs a little bit of a polish, I'll try get it out as soon as possible.

Tomorrow afternoon (GMT) is looking like a likely day for release.

rnbby

And I would have need a lot of time replacing thZW clients with english ones. haha!

This helps a lot of to introduce to new players.

moar p0wah!

Crazysky

i've downloaded the 7gB of the client .. and it worth it ! for my LAN coming next weekend ^^

miguelgalit

Quote from: sYk0 on July 25, 2011, 03:18:33 PM
Almost there guys, the app just needs a little bit of a polish, I'll try get it out as soon as possible.

Tomorrow afternoon (GMT) is looking like a likely day for release.

hey syko... where is it now? sorry for being demanding..  :D  ???

sYk0

Almost done, added some last minute changes, it will be out later today. :)

Also would you guys be interested in a tool to make a spawn (multiplayer) edition of StarCraft II?
Basically, this will strip out all the campaign data (cinematics, audio, models, ect) from the game and only leave the multiplayer elements (assuming this is possible), should trim down the game by a couple GB, possibly making a portable edition of the game.

miguelgalit

Quote from: sYk0 on July 27, 2011, 03:31:08 AM

Also would you guys be interested in a tool to make a spawn (multiplayer) edition of StarCraft II?
Basically, this will strip out all the campaign data (cinematics, audio, models, ect) from the game and only leave the multiplayer elements (assuming this is possible), should trim down the game by a couple GB, possibly making a portable edition of the game.

thats a nice idea... but its very risky and hard... GOOD LUCK! like in beta... the game is only in multiplayer mode...
if thats possible, i bet that the client will reach up to 1-2gb only...

rnbby

Quote from: sYk0 on July 27, 2011, 03:31:08 AM

+interested here+

Could you make it read *cache* in current_dir? That would be super cool.

sYk0

Again, apologies for the delay, this my side have been a little crazy today, didn't get much time to do anything (private work).
Busy updating the GUI and she'll be done.

Quote from: rnbby on July 27, 2011, 10:22:40 AM
Could you make it read *cache* in current_dir? That would be super cool.

That's what I plan on doing ;), as well as saving/using custom settings file(s) (we don't want to mess up our retail version now :))

johnnyMnemonic

hi new here but been watching your site for a LOooooooooooooooong time :P

so Syk0 what exactly is this "launcher" going to do? it will actually dump the Tw files needed and the lan crack for the game to start in a more frirendly way (lets say 1-2 buttons) over the en-us or en-gb versions, and after the game you can "revert" those changes-files back so that the sc2 instalaltion remains original?

it this the plan? if i am right (because the only other way is to make a eng lan) then i am thinkign the launcher-mod-tool will be quite Big in size! right? but defenetly not like 7,x Gb like the TW client is, and defenetly not that much labor and manual work to play a lan.....

hope you can share some more specific on that to get an idea ;-)

thank you 8)

sYk0

I have decided to split the launcher and locale converter into two separate tools (as they do completely different functions).. :)

The Locale Converter will be release this evening (GMT), this little number converts your non-Taiwanese version of StarCraft II into, well a Taiwanese version. ;) (which is needed for the current release of StarFriend).
Although not all the text will be converted (because some text is generated from the cache), you'll get about 85-90%, hey, it's better than nothing.

The launcher (to be used alongside StarFriend) will have some basic yet useful functionality, it'll allow you to edit the StarFriend server and Client configurations (via a nice GUI) and optionally launch either (or both) of them. I'll also add some other little features (pinging remote servers, resolving host names, ect).

johnnyMnemonic

em i see, something like the one i was imagine....

you dint reply about the size, how much do you expect the localizer to be in size?

also a tiny friendly advice, although the localizer looks very nice, i sujest to rename the "Destination" label to "Target", or "From" , "to", or "Now", After to make more seance ;-) destination is somewhere you are going or somewhere you are going to place files!

imho

keep it up. 8)

sYk0

Quote from: johnnyMnemonic on July 28, 2011, 12:58:17 PM
you dint reply about the size, how much do you expect the localizer to be in size?

Localizer is small, around 700KB (would be smaller if I used a more basic GUI :)), it uses all of your current game data, no extra downloading will be required. ;)

Quote from: johnnyMnemonic on July 28, 2011, 12:58:17 PM
i sujest to rename the "Destination" label to "Target", or "From" , "to", or "Now", After to make more seance ;-)
You are correct, that does make more sense, changed :)

miguelgalit

Quote from: sYk0 on July 28, 2011, 09:53:20 AM
I have decided to split the launcher and locale converter into two separate tools (as they do completely different functions).. :)

The Locale Converter will be release this evening (GMT), this little number converts your non-Taiwanese version of StarCraft II into, well a Taiwanese version. ;) (which is needed for the current release of StarFriend).
Although not all the text will be converted (because some text is generated from the cache), you'll get about 85-90%, hey, it's better than nothing.

The launcher (to be used alongside StarFriend) will have some basic yet useful functionality, it'll allow you to edit the StarFriend server and Client configurations (via a nice GUI) and optionally launch either (or both) of them. I'll also add some other little features (pinging remote servers, resolving host names, ect).

wow very nice sir! thank you for this! compare 700kb to 7millionkb(tai client)! this is very convenient

aceyot

@skyko whats the difference the locale converter vs the mod tw eng patch.. :)