Thoughts on D3 open beta

Started by Myst, April 23, 2012, 12:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

So open beta weekend just ended and I managed to finally have free time Sunday night and play for a bit. 
It was pretty cool, music was great also.  Although the Acts went by pretty fast in my opinion in public games. 
You end up wandering around and all of a sudden the rest of the players complete all the objs, well I guess thats the point of group games anyways, but it still went fast none the less, even when i was actively participating.
I then wandered off too far and ended up in an area where there were a shit load of bad guys that wouldn't stop following you, which i then got cornered on the map and died  :(
I was never a Diablo fan to begin with anyways, I played D1 when it came out and never got hooked and since then didn't rly care for diablo, but D3 I can see myself playing more. 

I also noticed public channels have no flood system yet, since there was some noob who kept spamming some of the channels which was pretty annoying and there is no /ignore cmd yet that ive seen.
They'll probably add all that stuff in later. 

Overall, okay game experience....what did you guys think?

:+:Sea!:+:

It sucks there is no world pvp because thats what kept the replay value up for me on that game. Then again I am looking forward to playing it because it is something fresh and new and I haven't been able to play any type of mmo lately that rustled my jimmies.

xKaiZi

only reason stuff goes by quick in public games is because everyone knows how to beat everything and just runs past it all hehe.
I will get the D3 Collectors Edition so if you grab the game just pm me with your battletag

hopingforrelease

Quote from: :+:Sea!:+: on April 25, 2012, 04:12:51 PM
It sucks there is no world pvp because thats what kept the replay value up for me on that game. Then again I am looking forward to playing it because it is something fresh and new and I haven't been able to play any type of mmo lately that rustled my jimmies.

PVP  will come a few months after release so no worries!

:+:Sea!:+:

Quote from: hopingforrelease on May 06, 2012, 07:08:16 PM
Quote from: :+:Sea!:+: on April 25, 2012, 04:12:51 PM

PVP  will come a few months after release so no worries!

Yea crappy Arena which is what deterred me away from WoW. World PvP is still the best and nothing like griefing hardcore characters. That shit was the best.