Emulate Battle.net

Started by MADCATX, February 22, 2010, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortalPlague

This is all greek to me, but it's very exciting greek.  Keep up the good work, guys.  There's a lot of people who will be very grateful when you succeed!

Draugur

Quote from: usmc23 on March 18, 2010, 01:11:02 AM
is the password, session keys transmitted in the 2nd packet from the c -> s and vice versa?

That information is already explained in our forums :O,
i would recommend you to start posting there since the one doing the research is Rob and theres already alot of information and alot more to come and he is willing to answer any question.

masky007

usmc23

Were going to open source our EMU sometime today or tomarrow we made some progress by putting our EMU in a VM(thanks d0ccrazy) we got to packet 0x05.

ProoM

Any idea's how (approximately) long till the emulated server is released :P?

Draugur

Quote from: ProoM on March 20, 2010, 08:01:49 AM
Any idea's how (approximately) long till the emulated server is released :P ?

What i have heard about some development teams is that they are advancing very slow...

We (as oTc) might work on emulating battle.net 2.0 server but this is not official yet... as you all know Rob has made some great progress on his Starcraft II protocol research, we have talked about it and he said he might add Starcraft II protocol to Emnet (Battle.net emulator he made that supports previous blizzard games), but he havn't decided yet.

Edit: Btw, if any other developer is working on this, feel free to come visit our forums and we will support you in anyway we can.

And also the link to the forum: http://s2dev.onlythechosen.com/forum/

hasudrone

so awesome ! *_* relase it first possible *_* we love it

Applewilliam

Quote from: ProoM on March 20, 2010, 08:01:49 AM
Any idea's how (approximately) long till the emulated server is released :P ?

I saw on the tekno gods forum someone said that we should be able to   play a 1v1 within a week.  Can anyone confirm that?

Bobbias

In case someone has read this and hasn't bothered to read the thread about the StarCrack emu (or they arrive to this thread through google): the Starcrack team is getting close to getting working matches. At this rate, it won't be long at all before matches are possible. That is, unless they hit a snag and something slows down the development.

Dystino

Freakin Awesome! :D I love the developers of StarCrack!  :jig:  I've been waiting for something that you can use for multiplayer/lan but haven't found anything. Just a site where they´re making an emulator but if they get this to work I have no idéa what im going to do! Scream or shoot myself! xD

masky007

Quote from: Dystino on April 02, 2010, 05:32:14 AM
Freakin Awesome! :D I love the developers of StarCrack!  :jig:  I've been waiting for something that you can use for multiplayer/lan but haven't found anything. Just a site where they´re making an emulator but if they get this to work I have no idéa what im going to do! Scream or shoot myself! xD

hahaha! :D yeah me2 LOL.. this is simply AWESOME!

starcrafter64

Quote from: Bobbias on April 01, 2010, 05:23:14 PM
In case someone has read this and hasn't bothered to read the thread about the StarCrack emu (or they arrive to this thread through google): the Starcrack team is getting close to getting working matches. At this rate, it won't be long at all before matches are possible. That is, unless they hit a snag and something slows down the development.

Actually at this point I don't think Starcrack has even looked at getting matches to work. I believe they are just emulating battle.net (and doing a freaking great job I need to add).

So far codegen is the only group I have seen post progress on coding/decoding the actually games/packets/commands sent between players.

I could be wrong, they may be working on that as well. I could also be wrong and the emulated battle.net service may have these codes imbedded in it already? Who knows. Not I.

Rain[sun]

I don't know the low down cause I have the beta and even if i didnt, playing sc a month or 2 in advance at the risk of getting my computer bumfucked by someone who can hack, yeah ill wait haha
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

DrCometh

When can we expect the release? I saw videos where they entered Battle net and it had full menus, but i heard not all is ready. Does any1 know a beta, smth that we can have very soon of this emulator?

Zexon

it seems that the community started doing its own emulation althought this looks verry promising ill still wait for the RCe team they al already past the log in and almost finished game packets , if anything happened to them someone pls tell me(they haven't updated for a looong time)