Use you illusion v0.9b - Custom map for SC2(you VS swarm of units)

Started by 2g4u, February 27, 2010, 07:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skylo

Quote from: 2g4u on March 04, 2010, 06:25:06 PM
Quote from: Artanis186 on March 04, 2010, 07:39:10 AM
Not to offend the OP, but... does this really deserve a sticky? He's not updating it, and if he does, he can just post that he did and bump it back up to the top of the forum. Otherwise, it's just kinda taking up space unnecessarily.
I was wondering why it is sticky really, but I guess it is because this map was first in which you could play VS anything different than yourself. The AI maps came out a day after and ofc ppl started playing them. Whatever I am just proud that a Bulgarian made first custom map for SC2 Beta, no matter that it is as primitive as this.
/offtopic
Also I want to congratulate all Bulgarians with our National Day - 3th March (its like 4th of July for Americans). Always remember that we were an Empire, long before any of the current "powerful" nations. And no matter how bad the situation in Bulgaria is atm, always be proud that you are Bulgarian.
boring!

gauban

how do you play this map? when i start the game i just automatically win.

chetjan

that is natural. just press continue playing and consider yourself victorious when you have killed all the enemies

paranoid

Mmh, why is everyone saying there is no AI?
The first time I played it, I started it with me vs 3 AIs and player 2 destroyed everybody with the massive mixed army.
I used this launcher with starcrack AI v5.5: http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-launcher/

The easy way to beat it is to destroy all player 2 buildings of which there aren't many.

Artanis186

Paranoid. I think they're referring the the units in the center not attacking your base.

paranoid

Yes, but it seems those units get assigned to the player 2 AI, and victory is thus still triggered by destroying his buildings.
At least that's how it was for me.
I haven't managed to play it another way until now.
Are they supposed to wait in the center just to be destroyed?

Artanis186

Quote from: paranoid on March 07, 2010, 05:26:45 PM
Yes, but it seems those units get assigned to the player 2 AI, and victory is thus still triggered by destroying his buildings.
At least that's how it was for me.
I haven't managed to play it another way until now.
Are they supposed to wait in the center just to be destroyed?

Yes, the AI doesn't have triggers to attack. It's a lot harder without an editor.

programm

Boring. You get several nukes and then finish off with some units and gg. Normal game is much more interesting.

Artanis186

Quote from: programm on March 08, 2010, 08:07:23 AM
Boring. You get several nukes and then finish off with some units and gg. Normal game is much more interesting.

You should know, this was made before AI was even here. You shouldn't expect too much from it, considering it hasn't been and likely wont be updated. I honestly suggest it's taken down from its stickied position. There are much greater things than this that can hold its spot.

Startrance

Insane map :s
Terran domination

programm

insane ?>? this map is worse than any melee, just placed some units in center and what?nothing, thyey stay at 1 place and u kill slowly. totally unimaginative ,,

paranoid

Quote from: programm on March 11, 2010, 02:15:17 PM
insane ?>? this map is worse than any melee, just placed some units in center and what?nothing, thyey stay at 1 place and u kill slowly. totally unimaginative ,,
Quote from: Artanis186 on March 08, 2010, 08:41:13 AM
You should know, this was made before AI was even here. You shouldn't expect too much from it, considering it hasn't been and likely wont be updated. I honestly suggest it's taken down from its stickied position. There are much greater things than this that can hold its spot.

And I'll add that you should try loading it with AIs like a normal map. It worked for me back then and makes it a lot more interesting.
Will have to retry it with the new team settings now. :)

Hater

Quote from: 2g4u on February 27, 2010, 10:15:15 AM
Quote from: chicodude on February 27, 2010, 09:53:03 AM
So... are they supposed to attack or something? Most of the time I get to steamroll them first before they start owning my ass :P

Nope they are just spawned at the mid, they will never attack you. I don't know how to use triggers to get them moving or attacking.
How come I just start playing as a terran and im just making some SCV's and mining some minerals not sending scouts or anything and like 20 sec into the game i see 500 units move into my base and rape me for no reason?

Phobia

Nicely Done ! i'v taken a look at it, and it seems so good. i wanna try it. there are some bugs in - the enemy unites are apread around the map, not only in the middle, so its easier when they are not in a group.
10/10
good job !